1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offensive terran buildings

Discussion in 'Terran' started by myrcutio, Mar 14, 2008.

Offensive terran buildings

Discussion in 'Terran' started by myrcutio, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    I was being serious about a Barracks being able to produce infantry that rappel down on ropes though.

Because who wouldn't dig it? Besides hardcore Protoss and Zerg fans.

2. myrcutio

myrcutio New Member

It would be a good way to recycle early game strategies. For example: you start out with a marine rush, then later on when your working with factories and starports primarily you send in the multiple barracks you were using earlier (spewing the rapelling marines of course).

Wouldn't be too hard to balance that actually, just make it a high tier upgrade, easy way to counter would be AA units (buildings are slow!)

3. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    Which would be fine, because by that point in the game you'd have a reasonable army to defend the multiple Barracks flying about like happy go lucky kites of steel.

Because all too often I'm getting Squad B of infantry go help Squad A of infantry that's being torn apart by ravenous Zerg but by the time B sprints over, there's naught but a few bloody limbs.

But if those scenarios happened while Squad A was constantly being reinforced by a floating Barracks that's supplying more guns and Medics, the Squad will still survive while the Barracks is being defended itself by the fire team.

4. Skyblades

Skyblades New Member

Aerro Supreme Capital
    That makes sense. But can my violent sitcoms have a place in all this? Perhaps the barracks could instead be loaded with explosives, and lands/explodeswhilelanding on the enemy.

5. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    Or every once in a while an SCV can push a TV playing 'Married With Children' out a window of the Barracks.

6. myrcutio

myrcutio New Member

Thats one bomb i wouldn't wish on anybody

7. Skyblades

Skyblades New Member

Aerro Supreme Capital
    Lovely. I thought up this good idea for a Terran OmegaDungShip, which looks like a planetary fortress stuck on a gigantic battlecruiser. If destroyed, the ship explodes as if five nukes went off in the same place at the same time. The ship can barely withstand the damage of a Stalker, and is basically an explosive wimp who has an AK47 that fires rocket bullets.

Anyways....

8. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

I think the attacking buildings is a bit too much like night elf in WC3 and don't forget the zerg have the buildings attack ability with the queen.

9. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    Night Elf buildings trying to defend themselves is like watching some sugar high person wtih ADD and ADHD try to hit a bullseye with a terribly balanced knife.

Edit: And without the Queen, Zerg buildings are sitting ducks.

10. BinaryBanshee

BinaryBanshee New Member

Agree, not sure NE buildings defense is quite the same thing. I also think it fits the Terran to have some sort of auto building defense but NOT enough to actually do any real damage, just for effect. Sort of like the attack of SCVs - useless but necessary to have in the game.

I mean you wouldn't really want to have a Terran vs Terran game where a couple of barracks go head to head with a coupld of engineering bays, it would begin to get a little daft at that point..... 8)

11. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

It is the exact same thing. I mean the animation would be different but they have the same concept: a building that can defend itself and a way to help against rushes. The terran with their already great defenses don't need another way to bloody the nose of enemy units. They already had to destroy 2 bunkers get past supply depose under constant pounding by siege tanks. Why make them face shooting buildings. Plane and simple its imba in my opinion.

To the SCV's attack, have you ever seen or god forbid have happen to you a SCV rush. They do work and they are a pane in the butt to deal with because if your tos their isn't much you can do to defend against the better attack and more health of the SCV.

12. Skyblades

Skyblades New Member

Aerro Supreme Capital
    Plus, the game would be boring if you could actually build those underground turrets for Terrans. Considering the "useless" attack of SCVs, I can defeat an AI enemy by sending mass numbers of SCVs into the base, causing mass agitation and a easy victory. Actually pretty funny to watch.