1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

# of Larvae

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by didd293, Jul 5, 2007.

# of Larvae

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by didd293, Jul 5, 2007.

1. capthavic

capthavic New Member

That was what I was thinking since I didn't like having to build multiple hatcheries. Maybe if they do that they could off set it by limiting how close you can build them or number of them.

2. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

3, 4, 5, no. To many because already we see people massing zerg which is wut they are for , but in some games the other players get like 30-40 hatcheries. now they could do this with 10 - 20 hives. i think it would be sort of rigged.

-Trooper

3. capthavic

capthavic New Member

That's why I said limit the number and/or distance to help keep it balanced.

4. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

chances are the larvae will just die off the second they're on the ground. What do you think? ;D

>< that's what i hate about larva. when they aren't on creep they die. what's with that? (don't answer...) >< eh. that'd be pretty cheap...then you'd just stayed bunkered down at your own base where there is creep. unless 1) they're zerg. 2) you've built a hatchery in their base 3) somehow there's creep where you're fighting.

5. burkid

burkid New Member

i thought larva just die a minute or so after the hatchery they came from dies, not from creep...

6. LJYLJ

LJYLJ New Member

larvas can theoreticly live forever...they die the moment they hit "non-infested" terrain aka creep..

but remember guys, the hatchery are like a universal gateway / barrack / factory w/e.. so if u increase max larva number for each hatch / lair / hive u must also reduce build-time for all other races...and btw, if u even let ur hatcheries produce more then 2larvas u dont got enough macro anyways =)

(try making a FE - hydra bo now in sc:bw vs a toss who does a 2gate goon build and see that with ur normal larva count of max 3larvas u still will outnumber the goons with about 4 to 1...now imagine this with lesser spawn time / more larvas, the toss wouldnt stand a chance even with mothership)

7. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

that's the whole point ;) ZERG FTW :D