1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Observer- needs more interactivity

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by ShasOkais, Nov 2, 2007.

Observer- needs more interactivity

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by ShasOkais, Nov 2, 2007.

1. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    I think that the observer doesnt need anything new, and more shield regen for lower speed is bad (no real advantage), i think that protect should give more shield regen/armor and loose its invis

2. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    This is kinda good idea. Like it overloads for a short time. (like the phoenix but with other result) This would also fit the game, but I also agree with those who think the observer is good as it is.

3. ServantSimon

ServantSimon New Member

I still say that that it should stay the same with one upgrade that makes it completely immobile and increases its sight range so that you can use it not only as a scout unit or a unit to assist in an attack but also as a peremiter watcher much like the Terran watch tower except it would just use sight range also you could use this deploy ability in an attack but it would take time to set up but it would allow a single observer to watch over more of your forces allowing you to devote more resources to the actual army at the cost that your observer then becomes immobile and when you deploy or undeploy it looses its scanning ability for the duration of the change this sounds very reasonable to me and extremely awesome

4. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I think that the Observer is good as it is. However, if I had to pick for the sake of change, I would go with the increased sight while stationary upgrade. This way, there would be a purpose other than visual effect to have the Observer 'deployed' when it isn't moving (as shown in the screen shots on the Starcraft II website). I definitely disagree with adding weapons or defensive abilities - the Observer is simply supposed to observe.

5. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    Also, if it had weapons, it would give away it's position everytime an enemy can into range, which is the opposite of what you want the observer to do. I do like the upgraded range when stationary idea, that would make them more useful as stationary observers near enemy bases and expansions.