1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nydus worm

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by ChickeN Wing, May 5, 2008.

Nydus worm

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by ChickeN Wing, May 5, 2008.

1. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

Tha'ts quite different from every other site I've been to. Oh well.

Nydus Worms, not Nydus Canals. How do I put this...

Nydus Worms serve a similar function to Nydus Canals, but as far as I can see the only evolution from Nydus Canals that took place is the new Nydus Warrens (which act as an entrance to the whole system).

However, the Nydus Worm itself had to come from somewhere,* and I figured the sandworms (doodads) from Korhal may have tbeen the source.

*Virtually ever Zerg breed uses "stolen" DNA.

2. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Zerg are such thieves.

3. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    yep steal, change, kill
    Its a hard life being a zerg

4. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    it woulod be cool if they used sandworm DNA...atleast to reinforce the things that made nydus canals in SC1 enough for use in war.

5. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

and if that is so, then the nydus worm logically isnt a new unit at all considering that there has always been a mysterious track that zerg ground units travel via nydus canals.... ever wondered how on earth did those excavations exist in the first place... i think its rather an evolved structure or an explained detail nowadays lol coz nothings change besides the fact that it no longer needs creep ooze to deploy itself...

6. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    it looks different, and it hacthed from an egg last time, to m,e its a different structure. i think that the nydus worms dug the canals but weren't strong enough for war, i.e. their current form, it would be cool if that was reinforced with the dna from the sand doodad as it looks similar anyway.

7. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

i just want the nydus worms to be able to burrow down, besides their common aspect to tunnel through the various terrains of whatsoever sort, it would probably be a good idea to give it a skill like burrow or deep tunnel since it is massive enough to make tunnels so why does it have to face danger if it can avoid it by will??

what i propose for everyone to agree on the new nydus worm update is perhaps blizzard should give it burrowing.. so that balances both those players who think it is unwise to make it visible while mobilizing... this is technically the best answer, giving it burrow to hide, but is still susceptible to attacks if it is on the go. Fair enough right??

8. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    but i wanted it to be burrowed while moving, otherwise it is no different than a dropship that can be attacked by ground units movement-wise.

9. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

lol.. its supposed to be attackable anyways otherwise its just gonna end up to OP against other mods of transports..

Medivac dropship -- Heal + Transpo + Air unit
    Phase prism -- Instant pylon + Instant Transpo + Air unit
    Nydus worm -- Transpo + ??? (well its supposed to burrow right??) + Ground unit

being ground unit gives it an advantage of being immune from ata fighters but yet its opposed to the fact that 70% of the units are ground based and its gonna hurt alot travelling on ground terrain since there arent that much ground units that cant attack ground as well.. so it conflics all the pros and cons of the nydus worms

10. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    sorry i meant attackable by melee, not ground.

i it should be better than the others for transport, the zerg should be highly mobile. i wouldn't be against having it moving underground but attackable with ranged units.