Nydus Worm Updates

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Psionicz, Jun 11, 2008.

Nydus Worm Updates

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Psionicz, Jun 11, 2008.

1. HatoXanadu

HatoXanadu New Member

The Nydus worm seems like an excellent addition to a flank strategy. =)

2. darks_11

darks_11 New Member

i don't but i hope bizzard comes up with a better idea for the transportation mechanism for the zerg

3. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

u think that tunneling isnt a better idea?? well then that leaves us to the catapult mechanic for last resort hehe

4. Saracen

Saracen New Member

Australia
    I'd have to disagree and say that it is a great idea, but like i mentioned before, it'd be interesting if they treat the worm(s) like a unit rather than a structure.

5. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    I agree with Saracen. The unit base was much more fun since you could undeploy and reuse it. Since it was not invisible anymore you could bluff a drop like we did with the Overlords. I still can't get use to the ''you need creep to deploy. I understand why it was implemented. But you need to bring an overlord to be able to do anything, I mean, what's the point in removing overlord's transport capability then.

I am really pro Nydus worm and pro Overlord's ventral sac removal. Remove the need to create an exit for the worm on creep and just add more time on the animation of the Worm for deployment I dunno.

6. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

It will be a very strong unit if it is made for battle since its humongous enough to carry tons of units and its also capable of enduring heat or any kind of chemical composition there are in SC universe, plus the fact that it has a very strong grinding/crushing power to tunnel beneath the surface even if what theyre passing through is composed of very durable matter. But what kind of attack will you give it?

A surprise bite from below? lol

7. AngelLestat

AngelLestat New Member

NYdus Worm

The actual Nydus Canal idea in SC2 is not bad. But it has its problems.
    Blizzard want give it transport to the zergs with a different idea, but they only get a middle solution with the canal network.
    Becoz they solve the transportation problem, but no the relocation problem.
    What do you do when you have 6 hydralisk, and you want take it to a hill, kill some units, and then quicky get down from the hill.
    To do this with the canal is very difficult.
    But my worm suggestion problem is, that i am not sure if you can program that, into the actual engine. Maybe if the worms jump between terrains like this picture can be solve.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This can be done.
    But it does'nt look soo good like the other pics.
    Maybe if the worm cant cross terrains, only hills. Maybe you can add a ability to the overlord to transport larve only.
    So you take some larves with the overseer, you drop creep in someplace and then you can evolve in anything that you want.. But i think that this is not the solution either.
    So, i give up with ideas. I only want something that it looks ok, and something that bring dinamycs to the zergs.
    So, you can have more options in the strategy.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008