1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nuclear Silo

Discussion in 'Terran' started by kehmdaddy, Aug 3, 2007.

Nuclear Silo

Discussion in 'Terran' started by kehmdaddy, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Welcome to the forum? I will post a picture just as soon as I find it. I saw the nuke coming out of the shadow ops before...

2. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

I have a question about the nuclear missile, not the nuclear silo .

Why does the nuclear missile kill burrowed zerg? Normally they are safe under ground. Normally Blizzard had not to let them die once burrowed !

please can some one help ?

3. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Zerg burrow ability does not make them go down 10 metres under ground and build a concrete bunker ;)

4. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

Of course, that is logic that the must die after a nuke hit them, even burrowed. But for the game-play, for the fact only. f they are outside they die, but if they are underground they survive ! Just for the game.

5. kuvasz

Hungary
    To be honest I have thought about this myself but can't decide if it would be imbalanced or not. On the one hand, should a third player, a Terran, drop a nuke on two fighting armies, it would be too easy for the Zerg to burrow, wait for the nuke to destroy everything then unburrow. On the other hand, nuclear missiles now hit the ground much faster than in SC so you would have to see it coming and select all your units and burrow them and you might not have enough time to do all this.

But I think I'd stick with killing everything.

6. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

It's true that it is coward to burrow the zergs just before the nuke hit the ground, and then unburrow them once the nuke blew up. It is not balanced.

I wondered that when I watched the video of the Worldwide Invitational. We see three nukes destroying everything, and then zerglings unburrowing, safe, and killing the three ghosts.

Blizzard should explain something.

7. kuvasz

Hungary
    They obviously cheated. They cheated when introducing the Mothership and they cheated by spawning burrowed Zerglings after the explosions to make the ending nice (with the GG formation).

8. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

Yeah, it's true. And you are right : if the burrowed zergs are still safe after a nuke the game will not be balanced. It will be like a cheat.

However i wonder : if I nuke the Terran, I can protect the infantry inside some bunkers. I will save some of them, but not all. The Terran are more spared than the other races. Both Protoss and Zerg are vulnerable toward the nuke.