1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

now for Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by PlatnumCy, May 22, 2007.

now for Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by PlatnumCy, May 22, 2007.

1. danhillman693

danhillman693 Member

That'd be cool if Diablo 3 had a third-person view like World of Warcraft, and not be an MMO.

2. JBL

JBL New Member

Yeah.. a friend told me about this.. it's made by Diablo 2's team right??

Too bad I'm not a gamer anymore.. I would probably have played it..

3. l2k

l2k New Member

Diablo 3?? 2010 ?? zzzz... :sleeping: :sleeping:

Somehow I think Diablo 3 will be MMORPG :-\ :-\

Hopefully not :p Anyway I don't really care.

4. JBL

JBL New Member

Hmm Diablo 2 was already a mmo.. I mean.. cmon.. characters, levels, items, spells, skillz, pvm, pvp..

the only reason why people aren't calling it a mmo is because it was too old to be like "everyone on the same server, in the same game.. " so you gotta create games of 8 players.. and there are channels
    Diablo 3 will be a mmo.. this is for sure.

5. Whatsifsowhatsit

Whatsifsowhatsit New Member

Kaatsheuvel, Netherlands
    Well I hardly find it massive multiplayer online, for as far as I've seen the online part of it... it's definitely an rpg though..

6. l2k

l2k New Member

I don't think D2 can be considered a "real" MMORPG. Typical MMORPG will be P2P and doesn't incooperate any single player mode.

7. Ryan

Ryan New Member

I hpe they make a diablo 3, that would be wicked sweet. but why make another MMO for competition against wow? I cant see it being more popular that wow.

8. Heretic666)GC(

Heretic666)GC( New Member

Newfoundland
    I hope they make better graphics for Diablo 3. The graphics for Diablo 2 kind of...well....suck hard. It would be cool to make it 3D like WoW, so you can get a better look at everything in an extra dimension. But I find Diablo gets boring to fast. It's to repetative. Go here. KIll that. Fight your way back. Repeat 5 times. Fight a boss. Next Area. I think it could use more unique missions that aren't the same thing over and over again. Sure sometimes you have to get a special item, but it's still pretty boring after 3-4 hours of playing (Not non-stop. Anyone who plays games for 3+ hours non-stop needs a life).

9. danhillman693

danhillman693 Member

Diablo 3 should have a third person view identical to World of Warcraft, since Blizzard is trying to make Diablo a matchmaking RPG. Although the gameplay is pretty good, sometimes the storyline can get a little dull. The story should start in 1000 AD, and whenever you start a new game, your character gets sucked into a time portal, and taken to the year 2007 AD.You land in the land of Orlando, Florida, where you must battle horrifying roller coasters and a giant mouse. You take shelter in a place called the Haunted Mansion, and to your surprise, the carriage you jump on inside the mansion starts to move. You find out that the mansion is indeed infested with 999 ghosts, and there is room for one more. You know that there is a giant mouse after you at this point, and you know that if you kill him, his spirit will become invincible, and you need a place to store his spirit safely. You take the train to Toontown, a part of the Magic Kingdom. You find a map of the entire kingdom on the ground, which shows where the lair of this foul beast sits. The lair to your surprise is actually a freakish looking pink house. You spot the mouse and cast a spell on him which will put him in a sleeping state. After casting the spell, you find out that the mouse has a mate, but is not deadly. You are hungry, and must eat. You rip the head off from the mouse to drain it of its juices, but you find out there is a human below the skin of the mouse. You don't care, so you eat the human. Finally, you take the mouse back to the mansion, and kill the mouse. Nothing happened.......BOOM! You die. Security killed you. That's okay, you killed the mouse, so you win the game. Is that a good storyline or what!?

10. daviep

daviep Guest

I hope they make diablo 3

i would buy it the second it came out :D

11. AvantGuardian

AvantGuardian New Member

Uh, it was released the better part of ten years ago. For the time, the graphics were outstanding.

12. didd293

didd293 New Member

I'm guessing Diablo 3 will be announced at blizzcon, but im not sure

13. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Why would they be working on two major, highly acclaimed games at one time? Nah, Blizz is most likely gonna reveal Terran at Blizzcon. I personally have never played Diablo, so I wouldn't say if I'd buy it or not.

14. Lemonparty

Lemonparty New Member

Blizzard North made Diablo
    Blizzard North is no more (or almost)
    if you want ''Diablo 3'', check out Hellgate London, it's the new game that the makers of Diablo are making, there will never have a Diablo 3, if there is, it'll be -completely- different.

15. didd293

didd293 New Member

well, Hellgate: London is in a completely different setting, so I wouldn't call it a substitute for Diablo 3

16. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    *shrug* I prefer more futuristic settings in games as opposed to fantasy style anyways.

17. didd293

didd293 New Member

whatever makes you happy

18. thrif

thrif New Member

A diablo 3 would be kickass, but Hellgate London seems pretty sweet as well. :) This brings back memories, tbh, good old games.

19. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

*sigh* When will diable DIE! thats all i want to happen! Im sick of him returning so i have to die to him 10 times before i win!

20. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Diablo 1 is a lot harder than D2.

My internet was down yesterday so I made a Warrior, I'm at level 14 right now and I'm in the level with Unseens and Acid Beasts. I have had so many close to dying encounters but in D2 I never get so low on health until Act 2...

But my Large Axe swinging Warrior is fun.