1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new unit regarding the new shielding system

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Aurora, Nov 1, 2007.

?

With what should the Sield Inductor restore shields/create extra shielding?

1. With it's own shield points.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. With energy points.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

new unit regarding the new shielding system

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Aurora, Nov 1, 2007.

1. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Air units and ranged units can still go over the top, but my point is that High Templar are, ideally, 'hit and runners'. They don't hang around for long, because they are extremely vulnerable. They only appear quickly to unleash their wrath upon the opposing force, and then they retreat back to the safety of their base. I don't think that the idea suits the High Templar at all. BirdofPrey's idea of the Power Surge is easily the best so far.

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Usually units designed for hit and run attacks are fast enough for the run part

3. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    thats were shuttles come into play

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I second Darkone's statement, Arbiters also worked well because they can Recall the High Templar back to your base.

5. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    that works well too but thats a little more micro than the other one but on the other hand you don't have a unit in danger to help move them back

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Well if the use of shuttles factors into hit and un then EVERY ground unit is hit and run since it can fit into a shuttle.

To be a hit and run unit the unit must be able to escape uner its own power after an attack. An example would the the vulture and Corsair. They are able to escape pursuite without outside interference (recall or dropships) and thus can be used ALONE as hit and run units

7. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    By that logic the High Templar isn't a hit-and-run unit, but that doesn't make it a stand-and-fight unit. High Templars are best when they use a Psionic Storm(s), then fall back to their base to regenerate their energy. You wouldn't want one just standing there on the battlefield. I still think of High Templars and hit-and-runners, because after they unleash their powerful attack, there isn't that much else they can do.
    Even Reavers could use hit-and-run tactics, despite how slow they were. All they needed was a Shuttle to back them up.

8. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    anything that can move can be a runner regardless of how fast it is

9. NateSMZ

NateSMZ New Member

I second that, if a unit is slow... it's not a hit-and-run unit. If a unit had to be used like a hit-and-run unit, despite not being one, maybe it's time to give the unit something useful it can do on the battlefield while it's recharging its main attack, ehh?

10. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Like merging into an archon?
    I thought it was standard procedure to cast a couple of psi storms then make archons rather than wait for the energy to recharge. The long recharge is one reason to have a unit that can transfer energy.

One thing that would be nice is an upgrade that increases energy recharge rate

11. NateSMZ

NateSMZ New Member

lol... yeah, exactly

I don't like that there's a unit who's usefulness extends only to making a few attacks and then becoming another unit... there should be a reason to keep High Temps, High Temps. Make players have strategic choices. Should I use my High Temps as quasi-heal centers and get more devastating attacks out of them later - or should I transform them into heavy assault units and boost my attack that way? Hmmmm... decisions, decisions...