1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Terran unit?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gasmaskguy, Nov 6, 2007.

New Terran unit?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gasmaskguy, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Indigent

Indigent New Member

They made zerg so much stronger, the zerglings didn't even 2:1 with the marines and siege tanks, they just rushed in, and everything. Was it just me, or do you need less zerglings to take on an outpost?
    The Jackel was a cool unit, but I would rather see a mobile flak gun or a cobra carrying a bunch of missles pointing up, I could picture that.

2. Tankman131

Tankman131 Guest

3. Gforce

Gforce New Member

a flame tank would be an interesting idea, but something a bit outdated.

4. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

actually is the bat still in or did they cut him?

5. Spacechick

Spacechick New Member

He gone now,he gone...forever

6. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    But he'll be in the editor!!

7. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The Banshee's area of effect was designed for taking out infantry. All of the other Terran's area of effect attackers are designed for taking out buildings and vehicles, excluding the Jackal which was what stole the Banshee's area of effect, and the Marauder which, despite having a damage bonus against Armoured units, still only deals painfully small amounts of damage. If you're saying that the Banshee's area of effect attack was unnecessary, then you must think the same of the Jackal's area of effect. They're both designed to take out infantry, and it was the Jackal stole that role from the Banshee.

8. Gforce

Gforce New Member

That;s another great thing about Blizzard, they still give us our favorite units even when they take them out.

9. ShasOkais

ShasOkais New Member

Canada
    they might also be in the campaign as special units. like the dark templar in sc original

10. Gforce

Gforce New Member

I never even thought about that. And Shas, its good to see another Warhammer 40k fan.

11. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

cut the banshee.

the banshee right now is just plain boring not innovative uninspired common looking sci fi modern vehicle unit plus its single attack rockets makes it looks worst..... =p

12. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    How is it plain and boring? It's a completely unique unit. All Terran Air units have been jets or ships. They were all the same. The Valkyries, Wraiths, Vikings, Battlecruisers and even the scrapped Predator are and were all just standard, typical spacecrafts, and the Science Vessel, Nomad and the Dropship, both Medivac and normal, are just the usual hovercraft. Never have we seen the likes of a helicopter in the midst of a Terran armada, so why, when we do get one, would it be plain and boring?
    I agree that its single target attack is horrible, but that's no reason to cut the unit. If the Siege Tank got its attack stolen by another unit and was consequently given a new but horrible attack, no-one would want the Siege Tank to be scrapped, they'd all want its original attack back. It's the same with the Banshee.

13. Ayzee

Ayzee New Member

Sweden
    @Itza

The banshee without multiple splash rockets is an Orca from C&C. And I'm not saying it's a ripoff or anything. I'm just saying that without the multiple rockets to further distinguish it, it's an Orca - straight up. =)

14. 574RCR4F7

574RCR4F7 New Member

I don't like the banshee...
    As mentioned by others, it does look like an orca from C&C

Just bring back the wraiths...
    but this time, with light AOE machine guns for ground and laser for air.
    And alot more cheaper.

15. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

thats the reason. its look like a freaking helicopter. and there is not really a hardcore far future sci fi feel to it. it looks like something that can be made 10 years from now without the cloak. it just look far too realistic for me.. yes just like in CNC. the single rocket attack is the worst thing about it. i mean even an apaches helicopter attacks looks more intimidating and futuristic than that..

banshee- needs a major makeover on attack or design and role. or better axe it.

16. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Almost all Terran units look like they could be made in a few years or so. Marines, Reapers, Ghost barring Cloak, Jackal, Siege Tank, Vikings in Air Form and Battlecruisers all look as though they're not too far off, especially under the Terran's circumstances where they've basically had to tech for war for the past ages. It's only set about 500 years in the future, which is not enough time to just scrap the entire basis of technology that we have now and have made, developed and refined completely new modes of locomotion. The Banshee is a helicopter, yes, but it wouldn't use the exact same mechanics that we use at the moment, just like how Vikings, Wraiths, Battlecruisers, etc, wouldn't all use the exact same mechanics as modern day aircraft does. It's all been developed and refined. Just a quick question, if it was up to you, what would you make it look like?
    Lastly the attack is the only real thing that needs a makeover. In fact, it hardly needs that. It just needs to be reverted back to its old attack. At the moment the Banshee's and the Battlecruisers Air-to-Ground attacks are the same, as they both consist of multiple mid-strength attacks aimed at the same target. If the Siege Tank's attack got changed so that it replicated that of the Viking's, then you wouldn't want it to be axed, you'd just want its attack to be reverted back to its old self.

17. Ayzee

Ayzee New Member

Sweden
    Word. AOE or nothing for the banshee. Makes perfect sense since it makes it useful against units - especially masses of weaker ones. But still less effective vs large units or static defences. That's called balance.

The reason they removed the AOE was because of the jackal. Please... scrap the damn jackal and restore the banshee.

18. Juggernaught131

Juggernaught131 New Member

America
    i agree, a flame railgun is cool, but the AoE of the banshee was cooler

P.S. i want to make the banshee look like something other than a C&C orca, moree like a Halo 3 banshee lol, or sumtin like a helicopter from Frontlines: fuel of war
    [img width=111 height=83]http://www.cncworld.org/games/renegade/vehicles/orca.jpg[/img]
    [img width=500 height=300]http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/e/eb/Bansheeelite.jpg[/img]

19. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Erm... Having a really high-tech looking unit for the Terrans just doesn't fit them. We already have the Protoss for those units. Also, I think that most fans would hate to seem something so unoriginal. I mean, the Banshee from Halo is quite unique. Having a unit in Starcraft 2 that looks like something that is taken out of a completely different universe destroys the whole ambiance of the game. Sorry for the bashing answer, I just think that it's not such a good idea.

Welcome to the forums by the way. :good:

20. Gforce

Gforce New Member

the banshee from halo was always a cool, yet annoying, vechile from halo, but it just wouldn't fit in with the terran armada. I would want to see a cross between the BSG viper and the wraith. maybe something like that would do.