1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Terran unit?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gasmaskguy, Nov 6, 2007.

New Terran unit?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Gasmaskguy, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Thalion

Thalion New Member

So what about D-8 charges?

2. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    If the Reapers would go insane and start throwing D-8 charges at your other units...

All units can just walk away. Really. It takes quite some time.
    And buildings? Most of them can lift off, then land again after the D-8 charges have detonated.

3. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

reapers carry dual pistols because it makes them more versatile and less weight so they can jetpack cliffs alot easier

4. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    We never knew how close you were to the truth. :)

5. Overling

Overling New Member

I think Grizzly looks should replace the Nomad's looks. Something still needs to cover that hole!

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I was waiting for someone to say that, and it looks like Gasmaskguy already covered it. D-8 charges take a fairly long time to detonate, so units could just move away or destroy them. Besides, D-8 charges are a one off thing (not that they can only be used once, but they can't be used repeatedly) so if they did manage to detonate some friendly Terran units of buildings, they would have no way to defend themselves when other Terran units retaliate.
    @ Gasmaskguy. LOL! The Firebats are pretty much small mechs! From their size I reckon that they will be made into a higher tier unit, like 2.5 to 3 or something, will be made much more powerful and much more expensive. They look to bulky and powerful to be in early game. Not that early units should looks weak, but they shouldn't look that powerful.

7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Actually, I think that it will be early tier 2. It now occupies the Vikings old slot, and weren't those buildable from the start? Also, if Firebats aren't buildable from start, there won't be a Factory unit that can take advantage of the Nuclear Reactor. So, you can probably go Barrack->Factory, and there you got em. :)

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Tier 2? Damn. Where did you find that they were early tier 2?
    Firebats occupy the Viking's old slot? But they aren't a mech or tank! I don't like the idea of them being produced at the Factory. The Factory should be for machinery. I know that Firebats have a huge mechanical suit, but so do Marines, Medics, Ghosts, etc. I'd like them to still be produced from the Barracks, but requiring a higher tier building to allow them to be produced. Also, can't all units be produced at the Nuclear Reactor, not just infantry? It can be attacked to Factories and Star-Ports as well, so I doubt it only effects the production of infantry.

9. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    That's not how I meant. In the Barrack, Factory, and Starport, there are units that can be build without requiring addons. If they required Tech Lab for instance, they could not take advantage of the Reactor, since a building can't have 2 addons at the same time. This means that units like Siege Tanks and Battlecruisers can't use Reactors. But Marines, Firebats and Vikings(see? a mech ;)) Don't require anything more than the building itself to be built, and can therefore use Reactors.

I am not 100% sure of course, but right now, its built in the Factory, and the slot it occupies is the Vikings, which means early tier 2. The Factory gotta have a unit that is buildable from start.

10. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    The suits Ghosts have are nowhere near the ones Marines and Medics use. They can be seen in the cinematic where they destroy the Science Vessel full of Zerg I think.

And what if (like I've said so long ago for the Zergling) the term Firebat refers to a role (Terran unit equipped with flame throwers) and not the unit we have in SC? I can very easily imagine the SC2 Firebat as a light mech with flamethrowers (like the one in AvP2 which also happened to have flamethrowers) which would make them more popular since they would be tougher and would also justify their production in the Factory.

I guess it could sounds strange to put an 'old' unit's name to a new unit but Carriers look totally different as well. They'd still work the same way though.

11. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The Firebat can still use stimpacks(It must! Stim can't be a "marine only" upgrade) and be healed by medics, so it's not just a name. It's the same old Firebat, just bigger.

12. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    IIRC SCVs can be healed by Medics yet they're surrounded by metal. They're mechs minus the legs.

13. Thalion

Thalion New Member

More, SCV can be repaired - I think that Firebat would be repairable (in addition to healing), too.

14. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Yeah, I suspect that too, question is how this will affect Firebat+SCV rush. (Or maybe It'll be like a normal M&M?)

15. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Karune say that the firebat is built inside the factory now due to it's larger suit n all that?

16. The Watcher

The Watcher Guest

This thread was made before that, and we were just passing the time.

Honestly, the firebats move took me by total suprise.

17. Thalion

Thalion New Member

SCV/Firebat rush - that's insane... but the hell, it may work as strong, altough late rush... especially if SCV will remain with 60 HPs... quite enough to support Firebats or to plant a Thor inside enemy base :)

18. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Correct.

19. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Well, I hope the firebat still takes one space. Sounds stupid, coming from a guy that has an avatar with a firebat in it.. Hmm.. We are totally off topic here lol. Read the name.

20. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The new Factory unit is revealed, and there are already a lot of Firebat threads.
    This thread will now be dedicated to the Predator replacement.
    Thanks.