1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Terran Ideas

Discussion in 'Terran' started by surr, Jun 26, 2007.

New Terran Ideas

Discussion in 'Terran' started by surr, Jun 26, 2007.

1. DontHate

DontHate New Member

If you command them to move up towards and enemy and it attacks, it will stop. If the other enemy runs and your tank chases it, it will stop everytime it fire. Also the only unit that can attack while fleeing is the carrier.

2. paragon

paragon Guest

Actually when a carrier flees (move command) the interceptors generally come back to the carrier. If it flees (attack command) the interceptors will keep attacking but the carrier may or may not actually flee.

And siege tanks used to attack and move at the same time (beta I think or possibly before that) but it was imbalanced.

3. Xen

Xen New Member

Spectre (starcraft:ghost description from wikipedia):

Mengsk and his new advisor, General Horace Warfield, have begun a secret project codenamed Shadow Blade, which uses covertly acquired Protoss technology. The program uses terrazine gas to alter the genetic makeup of Terran Ghosts, amplifying their psychic potential. These Ghosts are transformed into Spectres - shadowy superhuman beings bent on executing the will of their true master.

I really hope blizz doesn't leave the psychic aspect of the ghosts so unexplored as in the first one (campaign doesn't count ::)).

Perhaps in the form of an upgrade? (yeh ghosts are my fav units xD)

on a side note, it might be worthwhile to check starcraft ghost information for possible new units. (vindicator looks a bit like soul hunter)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starcraft_ghost

4. lilchibikun

lilchibikun New Member

i really think this will be cool:

if units can enter and exit vehicles (such as tanks and wraiths)

5. paragon

paragon Guest

This would be cool how? You just get to waste even more supply/time on them. And they certainly couldn't be transports because wraiths are one man fighters and tanks are a pretty tight fit for their crew and don't carry passengers as they are tanks and not APCs

6. burkid

burkid New Member

yeah im with paragon on this one. if you try to load someone in a wraith, the only place that they could fit is if they sat on the engine. and with the tank it would be on the gun.

7. TEDurden

TEDurden New Member

High-tech APC's might be kinda cool though, as kind of like a tougher transport to rush troops in to reinforce a base assault or help plug a gap, counter AA, something like that. I dont know why they would implement this though, since it would be really redundant to have two different transports.

8. burkid

burkid New Member

you're the person that wants this put in AND you're calling it redundant in the same post?
    i personally wouldnt like it because transports are meant for transporting units, not laying down suppresive fire.

9. TEDurden

TEDurden New Member

I dunno, i just had this image in my head of one of these APCs rushing into this huge fight at the door of another Terran base , then unloading a bunch of marine reinforcements and i was just like yeah, that fits... i just said it was redundant because its not like they NEED a newkind of transport, although i guess hte Zerg have two types (overlord and nydus canal) and it sounds like in Sc 2 the Protoss will have two types as well (phase prism and gateway upgrade) so who knows, maybe terran can have a second type of transport as well.

10. Zergme

Zergme New Member

well i think that using the reapers rines and siege tanks would pwn but we know nother of zerg cept the worm tube zergling morphers lol

11. paragon

paragon Guest

having an APC and a dropship would be the same as having a nydus worm as a transport and an overlord as a transport

12. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I think that having an APC would be a good idea, like in Ground Control is could be heavily armored and extremely slow. It could hold about the same as a dropship but it can be used inside battle unlike the dropship which is completely usless due to its low hp.

13. Ych

Ych New Member

I would love an APC unit for the Terrans.
    It really suits their style IMO. It also would really distingush themselves between the Protoss and Zerg's Warp in and Nydus Worm ability.

14. Ghost

Ghost New Member

It can also be another factor to impede chokepoints, its high constitution could allow it to ride past chokepoint defences into an enemies base.

15. DontHate

DontHate New Member

the apc sounds pretty dumb. would it have any attack of it's own?

16. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Um, no. The whole point of it is to transport units in a safe, tough and heavy ground transport, not to assault on its own.

17. DontHate

DontHate New Member

yea but apc... it just doesn't seem to "futury" to me.

18. paragon

paragon Guest

strykers have guns, they're APCs...

19. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Then again, you can modify the Styker to like three different types of vehicles depending on what the current situation needs

20. lilchibikun

lilchibikun New Member

yo paragon. i didnt mean like, directly put the infantry into machinery,

i meant when the units are built, men will enter their crafts.