1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Terran Ideas

Discussion in 'Terran' started by surr, Jun 26, 2007.

New Terran Ideas

Discussion in 'Terran' started by surr, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Ych

Ych New Member

I would really love a Sniper unit for the Terrans.
    Maybe Ghost will be revamped into becoming more of a Sniper?

And I also agree, that Terran should have an air bomber. Remember back in BW beta, that Valkyries used to be bombers? It would be cool if Blizzard would bring that idea back to the Terrans in SC2. They will most likely revamp the Valkyries.

Another unit idea I have for the Terrans is somewhat of a Mobile Bunker. It's very high up the tech, has high armor, and high HP (Similiar to the BattleCruiser). It also moves very slow. But to make up for it, it can load up to 6 infantry in it. Another ability it has is that it can repair units around him with the cost of energy. The unit around him will be repaired overtime, but if attacked by an enemy, the repair effect would be canceled. This unit would be sort of the ground equivalent to the BattleCruiser. But it has a totally different tech-tree.

2. paragon

paragon Guest

Why would they make something slow? They are combating the zerg who are fast.

3. Ych

Ych New Member

I think Terran's aren't suppose to be a fast race.
    When you look at them, they are usually the ones slowly, but surely pushing into someones base. When the Terran's force has arrived at the enemies entrance, there isn't much the enemy can do to fight back. But they do that at a very slow rate, but if successful, it's basically gg.

4. paragon

paragon Guest

yes but after 10 years of fighting the zerg, they would probably become faster not slower. (see: reapers)

5. Arachanox

Arachanox New Member

Because us humans can adapt to situations in as little as ten years.

6. surr

surr New Member

maybe not, a few more George W. and we will be back in the stone ages

7. burkid

burkid New Member

:powerup: for that

8. paragon

paragon Guest

As much as I dislike George W. Bush as a president, your remark is not even remotely true.

9. Ych

Ych New Member

Yea I agree. But knowing Blizzard, they stated that they are going to make each race more unique from one another. I think Blizzard will stay true to the formula of Terrans having the slowest army out of all.

On the other hand, I can't wait to get my hands on the Reapers. IMO, I think they would be the ultimate harrassing units. (Even better than the Vultures and Stalkers because Reapers looks like they are easily massed, very low on the tech-tree, and probably be very cheap). Just imagine 12 Reapers jumping into your base, killing all your workers and running away. I think that would be one of the core strat for the Terrans in SC2.

10. paragon

paragon Guest

I think reaper raids will be a fad. And then people will find a great counter probably involving putting one or two defensive buildings next to their minerals which I do anyways and that strategy will be defeated.

11. Ych

Ych New Member

Agreed. It will be counterable, just like everything is counterable in SC1.
    I think Reapers rush will be sort of like the DT and Lurker rush in SC1 in that, if you aren't prepared for it, you are screwed thingy. Just like DT and Lurker rush, Reaper rush will most likely net you a lot of wins against noobs.

12. paragon

paragon Guest

I loved DT rush. I killed so many noobs with that.

13. capthavic

capthavic New Member

I've always thought they should have a chaingun unit. Kinda like a longer range firebat, just a guy with a huge ammo pack on his back and a chaingun in both hands. It would be effective against infantry and small aircraft but it can't move and fire and it takes a second or two to fire.

14. burkid

burkid New Member

the only unit that can move and fire is the seige tank...

15. paragon

paragon Guest

The siege tank can't move and fire...

16. burkid

burkid New Member

when its not deployed it can

17. paragon

paragon Guest

no it really cant...

18. capthavic

capthavic New Member

I just said that cause realistically the kickback would be too much to fire in motion.

And I would like it if they made it possible for some units to more and fire in SC2 though. It would make sense especially for most vehicles and aircraft.

19. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

adding move and fire would completely change the mechanics of the game lol, imagine being able to run away with seige tanks while compeletly pounding the enemy force :p

20. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Well they can't move when they are deployed and even fully upgraded their standard guns aren't THAT powerful. Anyway I was thinking more like the vulture and goliath (or their equivalent) and aircraft, which can't fire backwards. Even when not in seige mode the tanks would need to stop to fire.