1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Terran Ideas

Discussion in 'Terran' started by surr, Jun 26, 2007.

New Terran Ideas

Discussion in 'Terran' started by surr, Jun 26, 2007.

1. paragon

paragon Guest

If you're being crushed then I don't think blowing up all your buildings would help. Plus this would be bad (rigged) against melee units. Just hold your army back and have them attack some buildings. Then explode those buildings and kill their army. Then kill them.

2. eclipse

eclipse New Member

exploding buildings would not work against ranged units either

3. paragon

paragon Guest

True, and there are very few melee units in SC and unknown how many in SC2 but probably about the same amount.
    Zergling
    Zealot
    Ultralisk
    Firebat (sorta)
    Dark Templar

4. Piretes

Piretes New Member

Terrans.. Oh I don't know. Everything here sounds so weird.. Valkyrie should be dropped for something more usable.. And that's really all I can think of...

5. proswimma

proswimma New Member

Maine
    they probably combined the valk and the wraith together like they did for the protoss.

6. DontHate

DontHate New Member

just as long as the wraith/valk thing has cloak i'll be fine. also i like the idea of the vulture. make it then u put 2 marines in it or u can put 1 in it. 1 is it to drive and launch the grenades. with 2 it can have like a anti air gun or something extra so it's not so usless.

7. paragon

paragon Guest

I doubt it. Some units they break up and some they combine. They combined scout and corsair and combined (maybe) archon and dark archon while they broke up the carrier (warp ray, mothership, tempest) and they broke up the dragoon (immortal, stalker). The wraith is a good solid unit (granted the anti ground isn't that good) while the valk is a niche unit that is pure AA and good at it. Combining the two would make the wraith even better at air and do nothing for its weak ground attack. So, i'd think they would keep the wraith and change the valk to be less of a niche unit.

How about something like the Warthog in halo that allows you to load units into it to increase its firepower then have an anti infantry and anti vehicle version kinda like how the mutalisk has 2 alternate forms.

8. burkid

burkid New Member

thats pretty much what DontHate was saying

9. paragon

paragon Guest

yeah cept it was based on a vulture. I want something with wheels.

10. burkid

burkid New Member

wheels are good. haha they can put a rocket launcher on the back of a jeep, gauss cannon on either side, and a chaingun on the front. take 3 marines mounted to use the launcher and cannons, and comes with a driver using the chaingun.

11. paragon

paragon Guest

Well I was thinking of just one gun. Either/or kind of thing. But whatever floats your boat... or sinks it in this case.

12. burkid

burkid New Member

hey, sinking boats is fun, alright?

13. paragon

paragon Guest

yes but if you do it too fast then it isn't as fun and it's just overpowered. And it's not fun when the boats are yours.

14. burkid

burkid New Member

eh. you raise some good points.

15. DontHate

DontHate New Member

arn't wheels a little low tech for terrans? i mean they already have hovering technology.

16. paragon

paragon Guest

Tanks have wheels... with treads on them.
    Two of the terran vehicles in cinematics had wheels (the one that fired the missile at the injured dragoon and the one that hit the poor man's dog)

17. burkid

burkid New Member

"i love you sarge!"

18. paragon

paragon Guest

"thats a zerglin, smaller type of zerg. but that could only mean... aww shit"

19. TEDurden

TEDurden New Member

haha, favorite cinematic ever. I wanna see an anti-ground mech in SC II, since Goliaths have AA covered pretty well, but shitty ground attack. I would go for something like the walkers in the Matrix, just a big open walker with a couple guns on the sides. I don't really care though, as long as they add some other mech unit.

20. paragon

paragon Guest

Well tanks already have anti ground covered