1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Terran Building

Discussion in 'Terran' started by paragon, Jul 12, 2007.

New Terran Building

Discussion in 'Terran' started by paragon, Jul 12, 2007.

1. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Perhaps it is just a long range sight scout tower, perhaps with some sort of comstat ability. If this is the case, then perhaps the Dark Templar spires are also scout towers, and their unique ability could be psi/shield regeneration, and this could be a new building trend for each race.

2. paragon

paragon Guest

whats with people and tesla coils? they are not even that cool. ooo electricity...

3. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Paragon ur depressing.. Can u for once not put down somebodies idea or comment? I mean seriously like half your posts are just putting people down. Knock it off!

4. paragon

paragon Guest

no, I can't, I really can't
    Besides, you're only saying that because it's your idea I put down.

5. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I actually find tesla coils and the ability to manipulate electricity quite cool, if you've seen a real tesla coil you may agree... however I don't think it's a good fit for starcraft. Terran love their bullets and boom-booms :p

6. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

its probably just a comsat, with a large los and detection range

7. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

I wasn't saying that just because you put down my comment. I was saying it because ive seen it about 200 times! Uve posted like 2000 times. But alot of it isnt constructive. (back on topic) This could be a control tower... it looks more like a tower now lol.

8. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    I hope it's a building similar to the Arcane Observatories in the first Human missions of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne.

9. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Paragon, don't put down other people's ideas (or, at least, don't spike them into the ground, set them down gently.) See? The uninterested third party confirms: it's mean.

--

If you look at the building closely, it's unmistakably a Terran Photon Cannon. I suppose it is tall because the Terrans haven't yet figured out how to build extendable Phase Disruptors.

10. IO

IO New Member

If indeed it is the terran version of a photon cannon then the terran's would have 3 different defence buildings and this would be rather interesting to observe but we must not rule out the possibility of it being the terran version of the tallanator (my name for the giant protoss tower thing) which (from the recent e3 screens) would mean it is most likely some form of bunker power outlet which would possibly power secondary functions of the bunker and make its attack/defence stronger. But then again it could not?

11. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    Most likely it is not a defensive structure as it doesn't have any sort of cannon or weaponry on it. That being the case, and it being too small for a research building, it is most likely some sort of detector, although it doesn't necesarily need to be for cloaked units.

Another big possibility is that it is some kind of disrupter that messes up various unit attacks and moves. (Arbitor can't recall it's vicinity, nuke can't be targeted there) but if that's the case it most likely has around 150 H.P.

12. Lord David

Lord David New Member

Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001
    Zis is not Red Alert in Space! Oh, vait, zhe Soviets have already been zo space haven't zhey? ;)

Maybe it's a GAP Generator? ;)

Alternatively, it COULD be some sort of Psi Disruption tower thing (like marinepower said), which prevents spell casters from performing spells within it's range, and possibly disrupt the attacks of Zerg, Protoss and some Terran units...

13. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    The supply depots look like oversized fireplaces....

14. capthavic

capthavic New Member

lol It's not Red Alert in space. Oh wait... ^_^

Anyway based on location I am going to guess it's a long range detector or similar support strucure.

15. Lord David

Lord David New Member

Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001
    They're probably not Supply Depots (well IMO, if so then just a smaller version) I'd say their purpose as shown in the screenshots is to provide the Terran with a proper choke point blocker (i.e wall).

16. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

yeah I thought it looked a lot like a gap generator when i first saw it, but I'm hoping it isn't

that would be blatant idea recycling

17. capthavic

capthavic New Member

It's very likely that they are supply depots that just happened to be used to used as a wall in that pic.

I personally like that they don't take up so much room and don't have those pointless fans.

18. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    So does anyone think that once you submerge a supply depot, you are temporarily taking away the amount of supply until you reemerge it?

Prolly not but I was wondering what other people think.

19. concreteasflesh

concreteasflesh New Member

I so nailed it on the head with my first post, its a large scale standalone comsat station for detection....go me go me go. . . . . .

20. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    I'm glad theres a sensor dome instead so I don't have to build and devote my CCs to build comsat stations.