1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Super Unit Idea: Yamato Class Battle Cruiser

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Heavyarms2050, Oct 16, 2007.

New Super Unit Idea: Yamato Class Battle Cruiser

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Heavyarms2050, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

@ Vindicatormsc
    the main purpose of this idea is too have an aerial unit that can bombard, I was trying to find a pictures of some futuristic battleship that had some bombardment armament, but the only one i found was a battleship that look like a boat

2. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I think there is a couple of things poeple that have posted in this thread really need to know. First it is very douptful the Mothership is going to stay the way it currently is either it or the carrier are going to end up scrapped or the Mothership is going to become a super unit again. My guess would be the latter because that seems liek what the majority of the comunity wants. Second to my knowledge as of right now the Ghost does not have the lockdown ability and i seriously doupt they will give it back because it would be far to effective against the Protoss especially if the Mothership becomes a super unit again and the Ghost is a tier 1.5 unit.

3. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    i say keep black hole, but the mechanics would have to be different, like the person can actually move there units out of the way, so only if you re not paying attention you'll lose your units

4. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

@ Alasdair
    if that was the case, then the blackhole would useless. When your units are under attack, the computer will tell you your troops in under attack and will indicate on the mini-map where the units that are being are located and all you have to do is click on that spot on mini-map, and move your men. Not much effort is needed to execute that

5. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    At least make t so it has the ability to suck in your own units as well. Gravity has no ally and the game should reflect that. But the ability to have your units escape the black hole isn't realistic at all. The gravity from a black hole is so powerful that nothing can escape its grip, so once a unit gets caught in it, it will be unable to escape. Even the mothership would be at risk of its effects.

6. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    Actualy I believe the majority of the community fears a super unit mothership altering the speed of the game or even worse making it feel like C&C. This forum in praticular has a majority wishing back the uniqe MS.
    I'm on the fence myself.

Fuck wikipedia. You guys read anything about that wiki tracker? A large percent of wikipedia alterations are made by large corporations in order to protect their own commercial interests. Misinformation is a powerful tool.

I kinda like the boat look, reminds me of the robotech series for some reason.

Battle cruiser does bombard. No need for a second capital ship anyways.
    You have sparked a nice little convo despite so many of us instantly shooting your idea down.

7. Tavisman

Tavisman New Member

Yeah, but at the same time, there are countless active members trying to protect that vault of information ;). And I don´t like the boat. Doesn´t have that Starcraftish "feel". I mean, seriously, a boat, in space! That just doesn´t fit :no:.

8. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

i said that the main idea was the to have an aerial unit that can bombard, I was trying to find a pictures of some futuristic battleship that had some bombardment armament, but the only one i found was a battleship that look like a boat

9. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I am sure there are some good star battleshisp in some gundam episodes that look liek what you are looking for but i am far to lazy to look some up. Also i still have my same opinion on this idea the Terrans have enough aerial firepower what they really need is a solid ground that can take a beating which is what the thor was or atleast sorta was.

BloodHawk This is probally one of the biggest starcraft 2 fansites out there and the major opinion on here is that the Mothership be a "super" or unique unit. Now whether or not that is a fluke i dont know but i do remember at the beggining of the September disscussion thread alot of people on the B.net forums also liked the Mothership as a super unit. Although admitedly i didnt look at most of the posts just the beggining but if they were anywhere close to representative of that thread then i would wager there are more people for the Mothership being a "super" unit than not.

10. Broodling

Broodling New Member

Judging from the picture, that battleship's guns can't bombard land as they can't point downwards. Now what's the point of that?

11. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Welcome to the forums. Broodling, you state that the guns can't bonbard because they point up.The thors gums don't point down either but that doesn't stop him.

A battleship's guns are designed to bombard land. Their pointed up because since gravity pulls down, the projectile goes farther when it is launched upward. All objects will hit the earth even if they are fired upwards.

12. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

indirect shooting in other words

13. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Pretty much, let gravity do all the work and aim above the enemy. It is crazy that battleships currently can shoot bombs over 30+ miles. Why can't any unit in SC 1 or 2 do that. Sound like a downgrade in technology over the past 400 years, like they lost the technology to attack far distances.......its 2012 all over again!

14. capthavic

capthavic New Member

It makes sense for Protoss to have an one at a time super unit because of their fewer but better units. The terrans have powerful enough units that they don't need a super unit and it doesn't fit the Zerg mindset at all.

Nice try but no.

15. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

Well the thing about the super unit is, it doesn't have to be super in terms of Shields and HP. Blizzard can make the mothership quite vulnerable (not 80/120 vulnerable but not 1000/1000 either) This would promote microing, especialy to take out units trying to take out the mothership, it also makes players think when to use the motherships abilities because it does leave the mothership somewhat in the open for attack and could be destroyed in the middle of a planet cracker or going up to meet a fleet of battle ships.