1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Super Unit Idea: Yamato Class Battle Cruiser

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Heavyarms2050, Oct 16, 2007.

New Super Unit Idea: Yamato Class Battle Cruiser

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Heavyarms2050, Oct 16, 2007.

1. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I hear the Pacific Ocean has tons of those since WW2. Dozens may still be down there. The Terran Domain would find it pretty easy to recover a ship only miles below the surface of the water. The thor makes sense, but it doesn't look like it fits well with the other Terran units.

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    The dominion is nowhere near the Indian ocean. They were in hyperspace till the engines melted down. THey are pretty damn far from those Japanese battleships. Now the UED are from earth so they would have acess to them but then the question is "Why?"

3. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Japanese battleships were good in WW2, why not upgrade them to be good in SC2? It would be good for them to take something everyone new about and incorporate it into the game.

How do you know its a Japaneses battleship, battleships on all sides looked almost the same.

4. Tavisman

Tavisman New Member

I think that's the ship from the Japanese anime series en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Battleship_Yamato, where the Yamato Cannon got it's name. Blizzard couldn't use the model because of copyright infringements. Also, you can't just go and upgrade a WW2 battleship for space combat. Remember, it's a complete vacuum up there ;)

5. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    When I meant upgrade, I meant to take the design and build a craft based off that design and make it so that it can travel in the vacuum of space.

Also, don't trust wikipedia for anything, its just a site for people to take subjects and say wahtever they want, so the site is almost all lies.

6. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

why do some of you guys think that you need the original battleship to rebuild them, why not just make a new one from scratch

7. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

the terrans don't need a bigger ship than the battle cruise, however an aerial version of the siege tank is interesting.

8. Z-BosoN

Z-BosoN New Member

That would be a great idea for a hero-class BattleCruiser, like the Terran version of the Garinthor (or something like that). Otherwise, the Terrans BC was always a high-tier unit, there is no reason to make an even bigger and more powerful (the new BC looks even stronger then in vanilla) flying unit than the BC.

Hope I've made enough sense, hehe.

9. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Ya, the high tier BC doesn't need to become any stronger. With the mothership not having her black hole ability. A few Yamato shots will kill it very easily, so a small fleet of BC would destroy the most powerful unit in the Protoss arsenal.

10. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Now I could go with that as a hero. Just not as a regular unit

11. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

the terrans need something new and fresh. what i mean is that they have to incorporate something that have not done in SC1. For the protoss, its the time bomb, planet cracker, and able to cloak buildings from the mothership's special ability. For the terrans, so far what i considered new is the radar dish. I can see that you all agree that my idea of a new super unit is not too great, but my main reason why I introduce this idea is that what i really want is the terrans to have an aerial unit that can bombard from a great distance. What i mean by bombardment is that it can attack like a siege tank in siege mode, but it fires multiple cannons at one time

12. Tavisman

Tavisman New Member

Check the site, and tell me, if you find even one mistake in there. You can compare it to any encyclopedia you wish, but wikipedia has thousands of active users checking the site for new edits all the time. If they find that a page has been vandalised, misinformation has been created etc. etc, they'll just fix it. If you "take subjects and say whatever you want", feel free to, but don't be suprised if you find your edits undone, and your user/IP adress banned.
    I completely agree with that, and it became even easier when the mothership lost its ATA attack ;).

13. LxMike

LxMike New Member

Don't you guys use lockodown ? then nuke that mothership fleet:D
    nuke only cost 200mineral and 200 gaz.

I also agree that Hero BC like the Hyperion should look like what Heavyarms2050 described.

14. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    @ heavyarms: Bombarding with multiple cannons is exactly what the Thor does in the first place

15. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

@BirdofPrey
    yea but i want an aerial unit that can bombard

16. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    It would be nice to see an aerial units that can bombard, but I don't think the terran;s need any units like that.

17. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

Terrans don't need any air unit stronger than the Battlecruiser.in fact,i think this whole idea of having a spaceship look like a boat is just...bad.there would be NO benefits from doing so,and Terrans already have everything covered on air units.they don't need another one.

18. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    BC was powerful enough, but I like the boat idea. I think its something unique

19. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

Terran aren't protoss, they aren't supposed to have one uber unit that squashes everything, come of it, protoss don't have that either now, pity. The thor takes ground, the BC takes air, that's all you need, no some random 3928ft BC.

20. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    It is terrible that they downsized the effect of the mothership. But I can see why. It was just to powerful and would cause balance issues. But when I first heard about it I was like "sweet now the Protoss will be much more fun to play". Even with it downsized, its still going to be fun to use.