1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Spine Crawler Attack Animation

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by 10-Neon, Jul 5, 2009.

New Spine Crawler Attack Animation

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by 10-Neon, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Gforce

Gforce New Member

Then appearantly you've never heard of games workshop and Warhammer 40k.

2. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

I dout it, the game just has the same gyst alot of sci fi series have example

halo-covenent, flood, humans

the alien/preditor series- human,aliens,preditor

warhammer - eldar, space marines, orks

star trek

Stargate?

tons of other sci fi plots

its that high tech, us, then a bug lizard organic species.

its a sci fi story base.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  3. Ballistixz

Ballistixz New Member

ya i know. im kinda of a big sci fi/horror fan so i like stuff like that. but starship troopers is the only MOVIE that comes to mind that has a planet wide infestation of diffrent creatures like the zerg. even diffrent "hive clusters" in that movie that are similar to the way the zerg builds. most movies like alien or predator only focuses on the same type of creature. the alien is always the same and never changes. same as the predator.

starship troopers is the only movie that i can think of that was made BEFORE the original starcraft that had a hive of diffrent kinds of creatures. and each insect creature "specializes" in what they were born to do. the insect range from lowly foot soldiers like the zerglings all the way to flying type creatures like the zergs air units. they even have a tank insect that is acts in a very similar manner to the zergs ultralisk which is the giant beetle thing i showed lol. yes, i do know the game has a base foundation of ALOT of sci fi movies and even some games and theres only so many sci fi movies/games you can make before it becomes obviously the same as the rest, but starship troopers in my mind comes the closest then any of them. you'd have to see the movie to make a few comparisons tho to see what im talking about. hell even one of the scenes in the beggining of the bugs swarming and killing off thousands of marines in the movie is similar to the opening cinamatic of sc1 of the zerg swarming and killing off marines.

but i shouldnt be getting into this cuz its going off topic lol.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  4. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Alien and the predator come from the same series and the alien is like the zerg and the preditor is like the protoss (there a advanced species in the series with cloaking ect).

Also if you focusing on the morphing of zerg units im talking tech/species similarities and how they are put in to perspective with the ones from SC as the aliens are insect/hive/organic like while the preditor is a advanced species.

I understand where your comeing from but really the zerg aren"t insect like there more dinosaur like in apperence with a hive way of thinking.

Id have to say alien more so then starship troopers because of how the aliens spread versus the bugs in starship troopers which just reside on that planet but have a hive mind.

5. Darken Rahl

Darken Rahl New Member

back to the topic the new spire crawler animation sucks who cares if its visual the whole idea of attacks being ground based was a good idea and they never should have changed the spine crawlers

6. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

I thought you double posted noticing the 2 previous posts has the same avatar.

Anyway, I think that majority of the zerg fans are also in argue of the animation if it fits good or not, the way I see it, the tentacles attacking above terrain levels lore-wise is probably practical. Why?, since a sub-terraenean tentacle was designed to do a surprise attack against wandering unidentified units. What I mean is a war structure is suppose to defend its fortress by attacking its opponents and by doing so, the Spine Crawler has to have a "spine" of its own and confront its enemies onward and not by hideously lurking for a chance to kill a single target. It is rather situational in my opinion that the spine crawler is designed.

Therefore, the way for it to go I think is to have multiple attack animations, those overhead tentacle attacks are more suited for mid to heavy units. For the infantries and light units, I suggest that the sub tentacle would be its animation.

7. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    Ok that sounds neat but how would they transferr to each other, I mean it attacks heavy units like the new one and then "sucks" itslelf in and attacks underground, I think they might need a new disign then. One that would transition better and not change from a dildo to a *****.