1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New SC2 Screenshots (All new Zerg Overlord Revealed)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Ych, Nov 26, 2007.

New SC2 Screenshots (All new Zerg Overlord Revealed)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Ych, Nov 26, 2007.

1. MobileInfantry

MobileInfantry New Member

Well, lets see...it really looks like Dark Swarm to me. Looks like it was JUST casted as the screenshot was taken so the orange didn't spread enough to give it the cloud look. And yes that definitely looks like some cloaked units in there.

2. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    it looks like fire to me..see some zerglings are running with the fire screaming "AHHH IM BURNING!! NO IM GNA BURN TO DEATH!! AAARRRRGHNGHGHHG!"

and...now i really don't know if its a cloaked unit or just the flames doing that, i really don't know now... i cant decide. b4 i thought it was just the fire doing that...now alot of people convinced me thinking its a cloaked nomad....meh..i dno..

3. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

if it is a cloaked nomad, i think it is a infested nomad that has been hidden by a new zerg ability, an dyou are looking as neither an observer or a player

4. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    I fail to log on for two days and this is what happens. Jeez.

I don’t think I like the Overlord’s current look. It isn’t the spots on the sides that bother me… it just feels that it is too much like the original unit. I know they can come up with a variation that can make the unit more impressive.

I would like to call that thing over the Zerglings Dark Swarm, but there’s smoke, and hot sparks rising up with it. I am going to have to call it fire. The ripple above it is interesting because there isn’t distortion anywhere else over the cloud. While they ought to be distorting the area over fire, I don’t think they are doing that, so I think it’s a cloaked unit.

5. Overling

Overling New Member

Oh c'mon 10! Look at the bright side: Overlord looks cooler than it used to! Siege-tanks, on the other hand, had a terrible visual nerfing (lol). Considering the odds, I think the Overlord is fine! '6 eyed' is already too daring for a so much loved unit design. ;)

6. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Wow so many people are speculating, it's so fun.

I guess that the cloaked unit is a Xel'Naga Overseer, a cloaked high tech "overlordish" unit that can unleash a massive napalm strike, technology stole directly from the Terrans Firebat.

:O

;)

7. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    Did anyone notice that the bunker was built on crags? I know this isnt allowed in the original, so perhaps they are getting more lineint on what you can build on. Either that or scvs can now make terrain more stable?

8. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    I imagine the terrain is defined a bit differently on the new tilesets. Also, there seem to be more options for non-buildable terrain, like the tall grass. I seriously doubt there will be terrain modification.

--

Overling: We apparently have opposing aesthetic tastes. I like the SC2 Siege Tank, but I don't like the Overlord. I don't like the proportions. It seems too fat, and the texturing makes it seem too smooth.

9. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    [img width=670 height=502]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff66/SGAera/Finalproduct2.png[/img]

10. Rex

Rex New Member

Orange cloud looks like mealstorm from a DA

11. Rex

Rex New Member

Wait where in which picture? and where in the picture?

12. DontHate

DontHate New Member

hmm... i'm starting to think it's from the flame spell. It could be distorted by the flames, as that is what flames do sometimes (it gets all blurry), or it's just the after effect of the spell.

13. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    *snif* i cant see them... for some reason ... damn this computer! (brakes into tears again)

14. Rex

Rex New Member

How can't u see it? >.>Anyways It looks like mealstorm to me, just more sparkles, and looks like its bigger with multiple units inside one whole mealstorm thingy, but there are no more Dark Archons :( (Which means no more Upgrade stealing)

15. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    thank you for the discription (wips tear)

16. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I found this on the bnet forums. This is from Karune:

Q u o t e:
    Fill a few overlords with banelings and drop them into a peon line to instantly destroy all their peons and cripple their economy. Not even a few cannons/turrets will halt this strategy.

Unless I don't fully understand how the banelings function (do they operate on a timer?), I predict most zerg players will opt for this strategy.

You are absolutely correct, this is one of the best economy raiding strategies at the moment for Zerg. If you can get some Banelings into the enemy's peon line, you can significantly stifle their economy, as well as force them into a defensive minded mentality. Nonetheless, there are counters to this, such as if you are playing Terrans, you can upgrade your Command Center to a Planetary Fortress, thus defending your economy from light raids. Luckily, those Banelings have very little hit points, and are easy to kill with ranged weapons.

17. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    The real question is: Do the Banelings unleash the damage with death regardless of reaching there target? Also, do they cause damage to friendlies. The Baneling seems to be an interesting add on to the Zerg.

Anyways. I think this will be the new Reaver Drop. Still gets me to this date... you know who you are. *Points finger*

18. Frosty

Frosty New Member

California U.S.
    sound sweet the strategy seems usefull but what about the protoss

19. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Here's another quote from Karune:

"Currently, the Banelings' attack does not harm friendly units, adding to their deadliness. This of course may be subject to change in the future to maintain balance."

20. Rex

Rex New Member

Hmmmmm sounds like what I tried to do with Infested Terrans its the best way to kill their Miners FAST! :) Now I don't have to go take Terran outposts to do that =D. I'm Happy now! VERY!