1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New SC2 Screenshots (All new Zerg Overlord Revealed)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Ych, Nov 26, 2007.

New SC2 Screenshots (All new Zerg Overlord Revealed)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Ych, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Nomads cost more than observers.

Also, now that I look closer, the cloaked outline seems to be that of the banshee's not the nomad's. If that's the case then the banshee would just have new attack animations and the nomad debate would be over.

2. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Well the fact they have alot more hp also helps put the cost of the units more close together, and countiunes to help the OP nomad if it can cloak, and just remember if it still has irradiate that was quite a powerful ability and also Isn't it meant to repair air units? If it has that irradiate and can cloak while being a detector thats is OP

3. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    I really can't see the attack animation of the banshee changing between the first and third screenshots. Also, of course the nomad will cost more than the observer, it does a lot more. I mean you could legitimately mass SV's in Starcraft, and no one would have tried that with observers.

4. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Ok yeah looking back over it I have to agree that it really really looks like a banshee outline but I really hope that karune gives us a bit of info but I think it's either a banshee or nothing.

5. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    [img width=147 height=181]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6291/star11fs1.jpg[/img]
    [img width=164 height=146]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5665/tvzcharmassnumbers03pj3dq1.jpg[/img]
    [img width=164 height=146]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4815/tvzcharmassnumbers03pj3no3.jpg[/img]

Here are my pictures I still believe it looks like a Nomad.

6. motto

motto New Member

omg i love the new overlord looks awesome.

i still dont like the tanks design. the barrel is cool but why does it have to spread its legs?
    i also dont like zerglins and their wings or whatever those things are on their back.. iit dosent look right...they look like insects.

7. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

I have to agree with motto the zerglings look way to much like insects in these pictures, I never had a problem with them before these but they really do look like bugs to me in these. Any way back to th "cloaked unit: I still don't think its a nomad. I stick with it being a banshee or nothin.

8. Overling

Overling New Member

Well, that effect does looks exactly like a Nomad. I was seeing something with a gap between the extensions, but with that effect of yours I can even see the "frog-legs" of the Nomad, but in a different direction from which I was looking. Nice!

But if that really is a Nomad, then we have another big problem: yet another flying cloaking detector??

9. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

I'm reserving the right that it if this is really nothing and just a affect of the shadow/terrain/orange/and lings, than I reserve the right to post YOUR ALL WRONG in very big letters in here. But for now I can see what you guys are talking about with the nomad and I'm not saying your wrong (yet ;)) but I just say that phrase at my school alot so I want a chance to say it on the forums XD Btw don't power me down for this, its a joke for all you people who cant tell... but I will still say it

10. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Lol, I won't power you down for that. But I was the first one to suggest that they were just an effect from those flames.

11. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Yeah I was ignoring this thread for awhile, you know I don't really post that much but when I first saw a post saying there was a cloaked unit I was just kind of like... WTF.. because I didnt see anything even close but looking closer I know what you guys are talking about. I still think its a effect but if its anything I say a banshee.

12. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    Well personally, I think that Terran has the worst detection capabilities of the 3 races. It takes the longest to get mobile detection, and it's not always practical to get because of its cost and the likelihood of being focused fired. I really don't see a ship that is heavily dependent on mana to be useful, and has an ability that drains mana to be imbalanced.

13. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    But terrans also had the best detection in a way since comsat was the second earliest of the detection abilities and it couldn't be stopped. And while it was only temporary and it required energy to use, it was still better than using units since it was instantaneous and it could get anywhere.

14. Overling

Overling New Member

Nydus Worms + Surveillance station = omnipresence.

But I still think that terrans don't need a mobile detector. Now that we can see a clear distortion of each cloaked unit, Surveillance stations will be very good.

15. xasterothx

xasterothx New Member

this is wut i think...i think the fire is from the attacks of the thor

the cloaked unit above the mass explosion could or could not be a new zerg unit..judging by the shape of the object im guessing zerg

the overlord looks awesome...but i want to see improvements on the mouth and arms..otherwise *thumbs up*

EDIT:...Omg....ithink the cloaked unit is....the overlord...as you can see in the other picture it has a green vortex on its sides. ithink thats for cloaking....sweet

16. LxMike

LxMike New Member

Ok, I think I have the answer of the cloaked unit

There are No cloaked unit

why, the screen shot could be taken as Zerg, Terran or Observer

it is not taken on observer mode as it have view of all the unit so It will reveal any cloaked unit

it obviosly not a Zerg player screen as it will again reveal the unit

It can't be Terran player screen because we see a sensor tower in the map (reveal invisible)

it can't be a protoss player screen as there are no protoss unit, so no sight.

so stop speculating lol, btw the flames look like zegling on fire :p

17. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    LxMike

If the battle is happening from the Zerg's perspective that could be a cloaked Terran unit because the Zerg have no nearby detectors.

18. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    It can only be Zerg's perspective since Terrans have a sensor tower nearby, which detects cloaked units. This would mean that the Zerg really are playable and they are actually farther along than they really are.

19. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

*agrees with lord kerwin*

Mayb this is wut blizzard is looking for. they give us these picks to spike our imaginations over the game, and make us more involved in the creation of this masterpiece. if its not a cloaked unit then i say that ssjfox can call us all wrong and ill live with it... but i still will continue thinking it is a cloaked unit and that blizzard stuck it in there for us to be amused as we wait for some more information like this. other wise we probably would all get bored and just leave... as an example y would someone put a jim raynor easter egg in some pictures? to amuse the fans rigth? so if anything we could keep on speculating, or just wait. Another ida could possibly be asking blizzard themselves to answer in a future Q&A. Its possible.

20. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    It might be one of those things where it's nothing but Blizzard wants to make it look like something. Remember when we first saw the Dark Obelisk? We all thought it was a defensive building because it was placed near phase cannons. Maybe this is the same thing.