1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New SC2 Screenshots (All new Zerg Overlord Revealed)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Ych, Nov 26, 2007.

New SC2 Screenshots (All new Zerg Overlord Revealed)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Ych, Nov 26, 2007.

1. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Someone is going to tear me apart for suggesting this but I think the cloaked unit is the Nomad. Im not very good with image editing but if someone could post a nomad picture side by side with the cloaked thing they would see that the shapes are really similar. If this is true we might be seeing a new vesrion of an irradiate like spell. Why the Nomad is cloaked, is beyond me though.

2. eclipse

eclipse New Member

actually i think LordKerwyn is right now that i inspect it more closely ._.

3. Overling

Overling New Member

OMG! You're right! IT IS an invisible Nomad! O_O How the hell did he get that way ???

Or... I'm just lost believing in everything they tell me it is, just like an ink mark on a paper. :-X

Wth. It would be great tho, if it happened to be Dark-swarm's animation. An orange cloud isn't quite right as a swarm.

4. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Explain how the Nomad is cloaked...

5. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    It could just be the new unit for the Terran? Since ya you kinda remember they use multiple build versions in all? Could have replaced the Banshee too.... Just saying.... why not think maybe it is just a new unit? Or it could even be a spider mine esque ability similar to the Turret drop by the Nomad? Just saying...

6. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    It would be awesome if Nomads are cloaked, since I won't have to see its dumbass model.

7. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

I'm just gonna say this and get it out of the way, the supposed cloaked unit is suppose to be in about the middle of that orange stuff right? Becuase if it is I really don't think there is even a cloaked unit there, I see where you guys are talking about, the little blue but when I look at it closely I dont think there is one, I just think its a little illusion made but the orange and the zerglings plus terrain.

You guys can start yelling at me now and trying to convince me of this cloaked unit but I don't think its there.

8. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Well it should not be a new Terran air unit. Having TWO flying cloakers is just stupid... :p
    And the Banshee isn't replaced. You can see several of them in the first picture. You can also see them cloak, so they haven't transfered that to the 'mysterious' unit either.

9. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    @Gasmask

Blizzard thought it would be cool to give Nomads the ability to cloak? I have no clue how/why its cloaked but it does look like a cloaked Nomad and if we believe whats going on under it is a firestorm like ability designed to hurt biological units it does make sense that it could be the unit that created it given the similarity in effect with irradiate.

EDIT: To everyone else im just calling it how I see it. But it definetly looks like there is a cloaked unit there because the flames look diferent than everywhere else. Im going to try and get a picture of a Nomad and the cloaked thing side by side to show my point.

10. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I think the little wave in the middle of the flames is just an effect, like you the air seems to be bending, or refracting, or whatever it's called near a hot place.

edit: nevermind, it really does look like a cloaked unit.

11. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    Having two terran cloaked units doesn't fit Blizzard's idea about every units being useful to people, one would be used a lot, and the other hardly at all.

Also, I really don't see the big deal about the nomad, I think it looks much better that the science lab did, I never used it because I didn't like its look with the rest of my army, and I could never get it to be too useful for its cost.

12. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the nomads the detectors for the terran? If this is the case giving it cloak would either mean its not a detector any more, it has absolutely no abilities besides cloak, or that the observer is gonna have some new move. To clarify it's because the nomad would be an incredibly better detector unit than the observer and make that aspect of the game imbalanced. I mean really the only thing the observer has going for it is that it's cloaked and even if the nomad can't stay cloaked forever it still would have more life and if it still has stuff like irradiate its just way better, meaning to balance it it couldn't have really any other other abilities and thats not what the terran are about so it might as well not even be a unit.

In short I really don't think its a nomad (but than again I dont even think there is a cloaked unit)

13. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    True, but nomads cost way more resources than observers and their cloak isn't permanent, it wouldn't really be OP to give them abilities since using abilities means that it can't be cloaked for that amount of time. Plus, nomads might not be detectors any more.

14. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Why might Nomads not be detectors anymore?

15. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I don't know. Maybe Blizzard tested it and decided it wasn't right for them to be detectors. I wouldn't know since I never played the game.

16. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Well like I stated above if nomads aren't detectors any more than I know it wouldn't really be OP and as for the resource thing we can't be sure about that because we don't have a set cost for the nomad (do we? I don't remember seeing one) so it still could be OP.

17. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    medics flare might be the detector

18. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    But considering that Nomads are higher up on the tech tree and they have much more health as well as abilities, it would be safe to assume they cost more.

19. Overling

Overling New Member

Man :powerup: to WIck742! Invisible Nomads are indeed much prettier! ^_^

I'm gonna try and help LordKerwyn's search for a Nomad-fitting into that image. It does look like it. Not that I'm sure either, but just to show how does it look like that.

20. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    Cost more than what?

Also, I just saw what might be a nomad outline, and I am going to try to describe where it is. It is oriented so that it is facing North by Northwest (mostly North, with a slight angle to the West). That is the "head" of the nomad, but look directly behind that and it looks like there are the prongs of the nomad in the back.

Edit: Here is a site for the pic of the nomad http://www.starcraft2forum.org/forums/index.php?topic=1677.0