1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New SC2 Screenshots (All new Zerg Overlord Revealed)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Ych, Nov 26, 2007.

New SC2 Screenshots (All new Zerg Overlord Revealed)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Ych, Nov 26, 2007.

1. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    As I've pointed out earlier, no one in their right mind would cast dark swarm there. What would it protect zerglings from? Ze Germans? Or it could be that the player didn't know what it was good for and only cast it for fun, but I highly doubt that.

2. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

well the fact that you see no dead lings is proof that it isnt a flame attack ::)

3. Overling

Overling New Member

Man, that IS Dark swarm! It is clearly flying around in many directions. What kind of shots could cause that? The "smoke" is the shadowing effect of the Swarm, causing enemies to not see it. I'm pretty sure it is really the swarm. WHERE's the defiler?! I want to see a new defiler! LOL

@ kuvasz: it might be stronger than before, and be protecting against the cloaked banshees and Siege-tanks too. Who knows?

4. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

hmm i know it does not make any sense but if they cast it somewhere else it could possibly make it harder to see? and since that is very visible and in plain sight casting it there could just be more of a show for the picture rather then actually gaining an advantage. Blizzard probably doesnt care if the zerg lose that battle, but they do want to show off their new abilities. though i still would like to see zerg win =)

5. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Well kuvasz if that is were the tanks and thors first start shooting at it is a good place, thors and tanks have quite the reload time so if they hit nothing because thats where they take there first shoot and its dark swarmed, than the zerglings can get up the ramp into them before they can reload and thus making it an effective attack... but than again I never NEVER play zerg and even if I do I don't use a defiler (cause I'm noob I guess :() so this is all just my guessing at swarm tatics.

6. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    fire bat, napalm rocket?

7. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Seradin if you can point out the firebats to me than I would probably agree with you, but I didnt see any. (I didnt really look either though)

8. Overling

Overling New Member

The whole problem with that pic is that there are several Terran units attacking. It could be Banshee fire when frozen in time, it could be a new Thor way of attacking, it could be Dark-swarm. Karune hasn't spoken about it, so far.

9. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    well the firebats could be off screen but no i didnt see any.. maybe launched from a bunker.

Could be a new ghost drop instead of EMP.

10. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Well karune said along time ago that units will not be able to use ablities our of bunkers while of course this could have changed I really doubt they would change that feature, that could make terran some good op if used right.

11. kuvasz

Hungary
    Right then I vote for Irradiate :D That is visible and doesn't deal a lot of damage instantly. It could be contagious which would explain the wide spread and the living Zerglings.

12. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    also for the observers green stuff it could be its method of carrying its cargo, kinda like a sack filled with ectoplasmic goo maybe a new way of telling if its occupied put little zerg swimming and bobbing around in it, would be really neat and gross.

13. Overling

Overling New Member

I just checked the Banshee's attack on the official site's video (on the Banshee section), and it is nothing like it. It blows in bubble-like explosions. The fact that it is going in many directions implies that it is a skill, and no terran skill would be responsible for zerglings under heavy fire being intact. The cloaked unit, however, might really be a Banshee.

I never quite got it right how did a Terran miss units in the Swarm, but Siege-tanks could. If they can't see, they shouldn't be able to target. Let the Battlecruiser take care of Swarm with plasma torpedoes and allow it to block siege-tanks too. Would make sense to me.

14. kuvasz

Hungary
    I think the original concept of dark swarm isn't to hide Zerg but to actually sacrifice the small bugs by catching the projectiles. Although 'dark' does imply the former :p
    Well I always thought it worked liked an inpenetrable cloud of bugs, similar to the skill of the large undead spider hero from WC3 but at a much greater magnitude and without damage.

15. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

but if the dark swarm took the damage how is it the tanks blast could get through, because in that case the swarm should be able to block them to. but i do get wut u are saying. another thing i just thought of right now is that the lasers should also get through becasue it would just incinerate the bugs and shoot straight through them

16. burkid

burkid New Member

well heres my first post in a few months, just to say

HELL YES ZERG!!!

and that stuff in the third picture looks a lot more like fire than dark swarm. and if you look at the back of the thor, its pointing straight at that spot and the shoulder cannons are firing, so i really doubt that its dark swarm.

17. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

Wow I like the new Overlords. Very awesome. I cant wait to see how they animate.

18. DontHate

DontHate New Member

"creating a thick cloud of living insects that prevent any units outside from accurately targeting any units within the cloud"
    http://www.battle.net/scc/zerg/units/defiler.shtml

btw, i do agree with you. It does look like flames. Maybe a firebat or banshee spell... the firebat needs it more though becuase right now it's looking kind of useless if it's just a slightly larger firebat.

19. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    The overlords just destroyed my underware. Maybe the flames are some kind of napalm attack from the banshees or the thors?

20. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    Ok, look at the second and third pictures. Now look at the tank blast on the second picture. Now look right at the firestorm on the third picture. THEY ARE THE SAME COLOR. Dark Swarm will not be the same color as fire, that would be stupid. I will repeat myself again: this is a new thor ability because they are trying to reduce overlap with the siege tank, and the siege tank is firing its artillery shells right in the middle of the storm. Dark Swarm doesn't stop AOE attacks. It makes direct damage ground attacks miss. I mean the fire is stuck to the zerglings, how delusional can you get?