1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New SC2 Screenshots (All new Zerg Overlord Revealed)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Ych, Nov 26, 2007.

New SC2 Screenshots (All new Zerg Overlord Revealed)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Ych, Nov 26, 2007.

1. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    First, is anybody else worried that none of the cobras seem to be firing at anything? There are a couple right next to the action that have their guns pointed away from the zerg....
    Second, the new banelings are badass. They look so much better than those rolling things in the first demo, and not all of them are identical; which I think is a really nice touch by Blizz since not everything would turn out the same during a mutation.
    Third, I think that the new animation on the overlord is to signify that it is carrying units, kind of like how the bunker now turns on lights when units are inside.
    Fourth, seeing as how the thor's artillery cannons are pointed right at the the spot that the fire/dark swarm is originating from; I think it is safe to say that the thor now has a different ability to reduce overlap with the siege tank. I am guessing that this fire/napalm attack does more than just damage since that would still have a lot of overlap with the siege tank because why would you need to kill lots of tiny organic units with an AOE fire when you could do basically the same thing with 3 siege tanks.
    Finally, the siege tank doesn't have 2 cannons in siege mode, those are prongs. When you watch the attack it is clear that there is one shot that comes from the middle and the prongs are there to amplify its strength in some way.

Good post, hope this means that Zerg are gonna be released soon.

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I'm positive the Banelings still roll and that all units of the same type look identical. You see the Banelings different from each other because they're rolling and each started rolling at a different time or travelled a different path... just like Zealots or any other units not stepping at exactly the same time.

3. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    Shoot, I think you are right. I was confused by how different the green bubbles look on them....Well that sucks, banelings aren't that cool anymore.

4. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    The new Overlord looks great! those green things in the sides of the Overlord looks..strange and it seems to be evolved and it looks like a better unit than the SC, man those Overlords looks great.

Those fires on the third image are also strange, these seems to be either a new Thor ability or a new HT ability..somewhere hidden

5. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I think they need to do something about those explosions because once the banelings start assploding you can't really see what is happening and many of the abilities cover the action

6. kuvasz

Hungary
    I can easily imagine that is intended, as a bonus to the ability. Doesn't it make sense to have abilities that hinder your situation in direct (the effect such as damage) and in indirect (makes it hard for you to select things) ways? I think it does :)

7. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    seriously, no one else is curious about the cloaked thing above the flames? Or is it just that...
    I see cloaked people O_O

8. Overling

Overling New Member

I was coming right up to comment it!
    Looks like a cloaked Banshee.
    Perhaps a Banshee attack??
    Or a new zerg Cloaked unit?

Here's an attempt to circulate the cloaking field:
    [img width=158 height=136]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3688/cloakedunitco0.jpg[/img]

I have no idea what it is, but seems round-shaped and big. Its positioning above the fire increases the odds that it is a Banshee, but I'm thinking if it cannot be an overlord with a new cloaking skill... I mean, they were vulnerable. But the chance of being a Banshee is much higher!

9. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    New overlord looks awesome.

This semester has been Hell.

10. IO

IO New Member

Yay update. AND FINALLY A ZERG UNIT! Overlord looks rather small.... i think it should be slightly larger but other than that its awesome.

11. Meloku

Meloku New Member

The explosions aren't problematic because they only last a split second.

Fire is most likely a terran ability. There is no cloaked unit, that's just distortion from the heat (such as real fire creates!) Most likely thor, but could result from a firebat dying, and exploding such as in the fist game.

Overlord looks good, good luck with the rest of the zerg blizz, you've got on hell of a job ahead of you.

12. DontHate

DontHate New Member

i'm about 100 percent sure that that thing over the lings is swarm. Swarm is accually a bunch of bugs that are released from the defiler too block the vision of other units outside of the swarm. You can see the little bits of bug things... if that's a fire then blizzard did a pretty poor job of making it look like fire.

13. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

good to see the overlord is coming back and I like the new zerglings reminds me of starship troopers 8)

14. Sc.rew

Sc.rew Guest

In my opinion it looks more like flames. Just look at these running lings, it looks like they are burning:
    http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5056/dsfv0.png
    And the flames/bugs/what ever aren't concentrated on one point, there is much space (smoke?) between the different parts of it.

The thing over these flames really could be an Overlord (with some imagination and from a different point of view, but it also could be everything else...)
    [img width=193 height=190]http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/21/dfgxd3.png[/img]
    (I just copied the cloaked thing about the Overlord from the other screen)

15. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Hi guys, first post on SC2 Forums.

Meloku is thinking exactly like me, the wave is totally due to heat, we saw it in Terran video where all Siege tank that fires as this little wave to had more graphics to the fire.

I personally noted that on the third pic, the Zergling must have Ultralisk HP to survive all the way up that ramp, maybe we have 100 zergling with 400 hp each :thumbup: , hehe just kinding. No blood, no dead Zergling on that ramp,(if napalm no dead zergling from fire) hmm smells like Blizzard's Cheating! Power Overwhelming on those pics, all three of them (except that poor Medic(or maybe a lay down skill for medics ;D ))

Anyway, hope to see more of those Zerg pretty soon , can't wait :good:

16. kuvasz

Hungary
    You have GOT to be kidding. Just look at all the previous screenshots, that must be fire.

The more I look at the third pic the easier I see a cloaked unit there. The most plausible explanation would be a cloaked Banshee. It could also be a cloaked Zerg heavy flyer, my guess is it's a Queen.

17. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    There is no way that that isn't fire. If you think that it isn't fire you are just being delusional. The question is what is the cloaked thing? It seems logical to think that it is an overlord, but then it should probably be visible since there is a sensor tower nearby, and I feel like it should be able to detect something that far away, and I still want to know what is up with the cobras!

18. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

i sort of thought about this... that cloked thing (if that is what it really is) could be the cause of the fire or wutever that thing is. It makes sense, mayb it could be a banshee that has a new napalm ability? if not it could be some new cloked zerg unit that has a darkswarm. or it could be something completely different and it has nothing in relevance to the fire/darkswarm thing. Its a possibility but it would answer both questions: What caused that fire thing? and What is that unit, if it is a unit, in the midst of the fire?

19. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

I have to agree with trooper now that I think about it. All though I dont like the animation the idea that this is a dark swarm makes more sense to me than any other thing so far, and it also means one of the most loved zerg ablities is back which wouldn't surprise many.

Oh and btw trooper, I went over the pm limit a while ago but you think we could play that dota match now XD

20. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

ya we could =) pm me for a time, and thx for the agree ment!!