1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Pylon System

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Pix, Jun 12, 2007.

New Pylon System

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Pix, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Juggernaught131

Juggernaught131 New Member

America
    i have not been able to find any information saying otherwise, but if you do, please find the source and post a link

2. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    i like this idea of but only if there is a small bonus for having additional pylons. Also I like the idea of some larger buildings needing more than one pylon to sustain it.

3. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    What about a system like in WC3.
    You could upgrade individual Pylons to auto cast replenish shield, like Night Elf moon wells.

4. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I don't want SC to be that similar to WC3..

5. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    If we wanted that we would just add the Shield Battery back in, not give it to some pylons. No autocast either, autocast takes away a lot of the micro techniques needed for Starcraft.

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Yeah I would prefer the shield batteries be seperate

I did a thread on that a looong time ago. not sure if its still there

7. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Wasn't that the omnidiscussion?

8. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  9. SuccaMC

SuccaMC New Member

Death Star
    The only problem I would see with a new pylon system like this(besides changing the game balance) would be that it would make Protoss Base construction even more complicated than it was before.

10. Aside)-

Aside)- New Member

Seems like a neat idea. Interesting to see how it would be a game mechanic and also how it would effect balance.

11. Vestige-

Vestige- New Member

it would be awsome if say a gateway were in a complete double layer section of pylons and then it produced units at a faster rate than normal. Every race should have an ability to do this. like zerg has to have an overlord or sumthing hovering over the larva for it to evolve faster and terran already has the addon thingy

12. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    it would be call if you call 'warp out' your buildings to a different location on the map.(buildings have to warp in from somewhere right?)

13. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The Warping of such buildings costs a lot of money and takes a long time. It would basically be like building another Nexus or whatever, except instead of just gaining a new one, you'd lose your old one as well. Yes, buildings have to be warped in from somewhere, but to do it on the battlefield you'd still have to pay and wait roughly the same amount of time.

However, that said, in the Defence Omnidiscussion I did mention how I'd rather the Zerg keep their old defence system, with the static Clutches, Shriekers and Tumours, and give the mobility back to the Phase Cannon, but instead of having it phase into an energy form, it would have an advanced form of Blink. Basically it would keep them as static defences, but they'd be able to warp or Blink to other locations within their Psionic Matrix.

14. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    uhh, off course, i for some reason thought it would cost less and take less time. :p

I thought the phase cannons phase out was too weak, it seemed a little delicate and i think mobile defenses suit the zerg more, but i think a phase cannon blink would be good(maybe with some nice DT effects :D )

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  15. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

See this is were I disagree with you. I always saw the drones as the only mail unit in the zerg race. The hive would be female because it produces larva and all the other units seem female as well. see the drone may collect resources for the hive but when they become a building I see it as specifying what type of sperm they produce. Like a lantern fish the drone would attach to the creep and supply the female hive with an endless supply of sperm from that building. this would mean that the drone could not move any more.

16. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    i disagree, i think the whole 'sperm' thing doesn't really apply to zerg, especially considering the hive cluster is discibed as a living organism and all the 'structures' organs, in this way they would be like a gland producing different hormones so they could not move, but the structures i mean are like the spore colony which i feel should be able to move. (ooh i hope staredit2 is as good as worldedit, theres so much stuff i want to do for protoss :D)

17. VANCOPOWER

VANCOPOWER New Member

Power

Hmm more power mr. La Forge, I like the Idea of different power fields but, protoss is very advanced race and they are only using the pylons to warp the power from the main source pylons are not power generators that stuff belongs to humans. protoss transmit their powers and units and buildings from beyond they do not build anything thus they do not need to store anything. :))))))))))

18. leemil

leemil New Member

I think this is definately something that blizzards should considers as it
    can easily make sense lore wise and create changes to base layout etc...
    Imo increasing unit production speeds would be a little too strong without increasing
    some in the first place as getting psi overlap would be very easy to do.

Haven't read the entire thread and as there are 6 pages, this has most likely been mentioned
    already but i'd like to see something like cannons having +5 attack when overlapped
    and any building shields getting +1 to shield armour in overlaps. Imo this layout would
    make it worth it overlap is certain situations but not all.

19. Juggernaught131

Juggernaught131 New Member

America
    i think it would be cool if you could speed up the construction on some buildings, mainly upgrades instead of units

20. Rascal

Rascal New Member

I know this would weaken the Protoss, but it would also have its benefits for the race:

How about making the pylons the source for their shields? Protoss shields could regenerate faster or even only when in pylon power. If a building is cut off from the pylon system it could slowly start loosing shield hitpoints until now shield is left. (Except the Nexus or Extractors of course. The Nexus even comes with a floating crystal on top! ;-))