1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Protoss Shield Mechanic

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Lombar, Nov 21, 2008.

New Protoss Shield Mechanic

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Lombar, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Flamingdts

Flamingdts New Member

I think Immortals with their special armor is a very unique aspect of the game.

Immortals are quite expensive, and they possess just 80 armor to work on if I'm correct. Which means even though any "heavy hits" will be reduced to a mere 10, the immortals will only be able to hold out heavy hitting units for a very short period of time. However, once the shield does go down, they still have a whopping 270 health to work on, but in a way this still becomes a disadvantage for the Immortals.

I think this new shield system makes sense both lore wise and game wise. Lorewise, Protoss are an advance race both Biologically and Technologically. So their shield system should be a little more special than regenerating a little faster than the zergs health.

This also actually allows more possible strategies, and forces players to micro their units a bit more. I think this shield system further labels Protoss as the race with the most "Power", doing the most damage and being the hardest to kill, but also the least in numbers. Now that I mention the Protoss army size, I think Blizzard will limit the Protoss army size severely. I mean SEVERELY. From what I'm seeing, the Immortals already cost 4 unit counts, which is on par with the Archon. If the army size of Protoss is much less, I think it's only fair if their units have a much better survivability. Lore wise, the Protoss have been training for decades afterall.........

2. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

The Immortal costs only 3 dudes atm.
    I don't think they are, it really seem like the unit size is the same to me in terms of how many dudes you can have although i could see the zealot turning into 1 instead of 2 and also with the carrier and mother ships cost we will see.

3. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    zealot being 1 psi :)p) would be overpowered because that is how much a marine costs. It would really give protoss an advantage early game as they wouldn't need so much pylons.