1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Infestor Model?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Psionicz, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

New Infestor Model?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Psionicz, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    WTF? You dismiss the idea of it being a Sunken because it is "too big", while at the same time, it's NOT too big to be something smaller than a Sunken?!

2. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

Hyperion's cantina.. *BURP*
    Well said GMG.. well, now we found out what it is so we can calm down :))

3. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I never said you can't say what you want.

I'm a bit disappointed because the thing looks too menacing to be a building. I'd prefer if the roach looked like that because the hard shell would visually reinforce the toughness of the roach. Hydra then could become the staple unit it used to be, back at tier 1.5 without all the fancy claws and spikes.

4. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

Lets stop and try and think like Psionicz here. It's too big to be a sunken but still its to big to be a unit...... especially a infestor. what could it be? I vote (BUILDING)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  5. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    We already know what it is i2new... Check the previous page.

6. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    If its a waste of time why are you proving it wasn't if its occupying your time to post in here, multiple times.

And yes we all fail :[

Still looks like a unit tho.

Hahaha, Blizzard think they're slick. They probably made it look like a unit model on purpose as they wanted our view on it, so they could edit other models to our likes (cough Infestor) and I for one think it would look better as an Infestor but much smaller. I think they want these kind of threads and speculation to arise, instead of straight up adding the model for us to ponder their sanity or to aimlessly scream we don't like it cuz it wasn't in AvP or isn't housed in area 51.

Updated original post.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  7. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

what i ment was, you saying an object that large was a waste but besides that old point we should try and figer out what that building is. it could be a spore or sunken (i think its a sunken) or maybe its a building for the new thing above the queen with the scyth lookin legs?

8. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Did you even read what I said? It's NOT a Sunken, it's an Infestor Pit.

9. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Lol I think my signature is valid in this case.

And why do some people keep talking about the now known Baneling Nest in this thread about the Infestor Pit.

10. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

you didnt read what i said.........I think. read the key words there.

i think.
    i should of said i hope insted.

or it could be a n infesters pit since it looks like an infestor but looking at the zerg base they dont have any defencive structures but that dosent seem right so i would give it a wild guess they placed that building out front for defencive reasons..... SO i would take a guess its either a sunken or infestor pit altho its more then likly a infestors pit.

11. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    What you think and what you wish is not the same thing. I DID read what you said, and I made the only rational conclusion out of it. You thought it was a Sunken even though you knew it was something else? Well congrats on being ignorant (although this isn't the case as you now have clarified).

Definitely. I too wanted it to be a Sunken or a unit, but knew deep inside that it must be a tech building.

12. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

T_T - i was sleeping during these various arguments about that mysterious picture posted on B-net but after clarifications of it being the Infestors pit, ill just silently murmur its as Lurker.. Lurker.. Lurker!~!!!!

Lol, since turning lurker to tier 3 was announced the fans probably wanted an explanation for doing it so and also the Lurkers would fit being huge as the queen or maybe a little less about 90% coz ive been really wondering how did those small subterra units able to maneuver spikes out of the ground that far considering they have no evident anatomic structure to do it so.. the picture couldve been a candidate for a lurker new look...

13. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    A good theory, but! The Lurker wasn't made tier 3; it was announced to have always been tier 3. Before that, we just thought that it was tier 2 like the old Lurker. So, the Lurker was already tier 3 when it had it's weaker model.

14. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

/Cry Tier 3 Lurkers make me sad. But yeah, it's an Infestor Pit. The giant green blob with legs is a Baneling Nest.

15. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    Seeing the Infestor Pit makes me sad. It's just one more step to keeping the current model for the Infestor, which Blizzard doesn't seem to realise is disliked by much of the community. I'm starting to lose hope in Blizzard using a more Defiler-esque model.

16. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    I don't see how the building model defines what the unit will look like. I can't think of a case where it does.

17. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Heh, don't worry. Remember the Nomad? Blizzard kept the original design for weeks, even though a majority of the community hated it!

Too bad they changed it after I finally started to like it... :p

18. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    I am sure that Blizz is working on new models for the Infestor, they just haven't found something that they are comfortable with yet.

19. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    for the benefit of myself, i hope so, otherwise everyone will blame me =P, the bad part is that Blizzard had said that the Infestor model is exactly what they wanted it to be, and when Blizzard said something like that, their mind is as tough as stone sometimes, they could teach mules lessons about stubbornness, and stones about patience(sp?).

20. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    If that 3 mouthed purple ball on 4 legs looking like it came straight from spore is exactly what they wanted then :no:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.