1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Infested Terrans are suicidal :-P

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by marcusrodrigues, Mar 14, 2008.

New Infested Terrans are suicidal :-P

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by marcusrodrigues, Mar 14, 2008.

1. marcusrodrigues

marcusrodrigues New Member

Brazil
    That is OK, Burkid, I feel a lot better now :) Would like a comment on those eyes in the creep I mentioned, tho...

2. burkid

burkid New Member

dont double post. use the 'edit' button.

3. marcusrodrigues

marcusrodrigues New Member

Brazil
    Ahhhhhhh! Nice hint... didn't think about it.. thx!

4. burkid

burkid New Member

sure thing. someone has to tell you so you dont get in trouble down the road.

5. gtx75

gtx75 New Member

hmm.. what do you mean by death animation... is it where they kill themselves without being asked/they have a time limit like the broodlings where they kill themselves or die after a while. or is it the one where they have their hp hit 0 and they have that animation

6. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Broodling had the same animation when getting to 0hp or 0mp (time limit), explodes.. done.

If what is said above is true, then there would be (like the broodling) only one death animation.

I found strange than once a unit reach 0 HP he kills himself... I mean, he just got killed by the guy in front of him, not by suicide. That's why I had the hypothesis that he had 2 death animation: one after he get killed, blood and drops dead and the other animation that would be cause by time delay. ''Marine getting control back from infestation and takes the opportunity to ''BOOM''.

Sadly I do not have in my possesion a high quality video so i can't double check that.

But seriously, with that much infested marine at once I highly doubt they stay forever.. Temporary help like the broodling I say.

Have I misread somewhere of does the building eventually turn back over the enemies control some time after infestation?

7. Overling

Overling New Member

Perhaps the creatures possessing them are about to die, and on the last effort they kill the Marine so that the Terran hosts cannot escape and become their enemies.

But I just got an idea for the infestation Omnidiscussion: should it be possible for a Terran-Zerg Alliance to use infestation to momentarily create free Marines? I'll elaborate more there...

8. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    @Overling, I'm sure it would be possible to do that.

@Vodka, Also they should stay forever since they are weak and miss their shots.

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    About it being their one final effort to destroy the Infestation, I thought of this originally but I don't think it works at all. Let's face facts. The Marine inside has got to be dead. Once the Infestation has taken over, it doesn't have a need for the Marine any more, so why would it keep him around?
    Also, if the Marine is still alive, and the Infestation has a limited lifespan, I reckon that the Terran would be far to paranoid to accept someone who's been Infested back into the army. To be honest, they'd probably just shoot him down. It sounds slack and they'd hate doing it, but they have no option. Maybe, if the Marine does survive, he's be so overcome by what he's just done/been through that he'd suicide?
    Also, I'd like to point out that the Terran don't actually pay for those Marines. So if the Marine survives after the Infestation wears off, they'd get free Marines.

10. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    lorewise...maybe the marine still has a sense of mind and he can feel that he is being forced my the infested arms and stuff being pulled and shoot. maybe some infested marines are so strong to hold the will, and they shoot themselves cuz they dont want to live like that anymore. man how painful...more painful then saw.

11. burkid

burkid New Member

from what i saw, the infested marines did have 2 death animations, but both only occured when the marine was killed from the other marines.

it could be like how marines killed by zealots can get cut in half at the waist or split down the middle.

12. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    @Ace_01 : Exactly what I meant while I first posted the idea.

@burkid : I did not even know that Zealots could cut them both ways XD, good thing to know.

@Zergalicious : They may be permanent, but I hope not, for the sake of not having to kill all of them one by one. This is something that can affect the balance of that unit.

Does anyone has a high res of that video? Can't seem to find one :(

13. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Its weak like a Broodling. It won't have a huge effect on the battlefield. Only with early expansions, if players can even infested by then.

14. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    I thought that the only difference with the normal marines is that the infested ones are slower than normal ones.

15. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    They are slower and miss shots. Note that it moves the gun in a circular motion and you will see sparks on the floor.

16. burkid

burkid New Member

@vodka,
    if you watch the first video they showed us, when the zealots are shown at the beginning, look at the marines at they die.
    look on ign, they have decent res videos there.

17. ced

ced New Member

Canada
    The best place to get the high rez Protoss and Terren gameplay vids is the official Starcraft2.com site. -> Go now!

18. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I am looking for the video of the Zerg showdown in high res, that 9 min video with Queen defending the base twice the entire infested Terran scene, infestors and lurkers.

19. burkid

burkid New Member

i meant ign for the zerg video.