New idea for nukes in StarCraft 2

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Nuclear Launch, Nov 6, 2008.

New idea for nukes in StarCraft 2

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Nuclear Launch, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Dragon God

Dragon God New Member

Vancouver
    EWWWW...
    that ruins the nuke because nukes are supposed to cause havoc and mayham when they land to whoever is close enough to be damaged by it...
    I think that the nuke should have a radiation area that causes damage to biological units and disable shields(or drain the shields). If biological units stay too long inside the field, they would constanly be damaged till death and mechanical units would be in a temporary shut-down mode due to emp effect and buildings would stop production and also enter a "shut-down".

How ever.. the idea is a good one, biological nukes rape and eat zerg buildings while the emp would shut down nearby toss for 10 min (although that would be very rigged.
    the field would last for about 3 min or so.
    i dont know if it should affect air units soooo other then the intinal blast.
    but otherwise i think that if blizzard would put bio/emp nukes, they would in the 2nd title.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  2. reap_hav_vik

reap_hav_vik Guest

That's so sad.....I loved the look on my friends faces when they hear "Nuclear Launch Deteced" in LAN matches.

They're like, "Oh, ****!!! whereisitwhereisitwhereisit!!!!"

haha so priceless.

3. Vampire

Vampire New Member

Canada
    The you are "under attack" is more tactical but "Nuclear Launch Detected" watching people panic trying to find the little red dot :)

4. Gandromidar

Gandromidar New Member

Queensland, Australia
    Ya, I am usually the one panicking when im either versing my Dad or my friends half-brother, both of which are very good at starcraft. Maybe its because they both prefer Terran or just because I'm more defensive. Is stll fun and very funny. I think it should just stay the same as the original nuke,since that was still very good.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  5. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    So, what most of you are saying is that you want the strongest damaging attack in the game to do even more damage... yeah... I totally see your point[/sarcasm]

6. Vampire

Vampire New Member

Canada
    What do you mean? You mean? Immortal harden shields gives them the ability to survive nukes so you can use them to hunt down ghost. Changing "You are under attack!" to "Nuclear Launch detected" wouldn't make such a difference to affecting game play.

7. Gandromidar

Gandromidar New Member

Queensland, Australia
    But can the Zerg units still be safe if you burrow them? I used that strategy all the time. Any time I was Zerg and "Nuclear Launch Detected" came up, I would immediately go to all bases and burrow all units away from any red dots. I hate the fact that if you have a burrowed unit, and a nuke comes down on top of it, it dies? I remember against my friends half-brother, we made a map where you had to mine two small piles of minerals to get out of your base and we disabled air units. He just lifted off command centers to get out and was pumping out tons of tanks and gettting many ghosts and nukes. Once I could get out, I quickly raced a drone out up to above my friend(protoss) and I quickly built a nydus canal connectin to my own base so I could send as many units as I could up there so I could assault his base once he was busy xD. I destroyed all his base once he was finished with my base hehehe.

8. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    should be able to survive using burrow, its a good tactic :)

Nukes shouldn't be specialized, should cause indiscriminate carnage, so true to the terran way.

Also, sounds like a cool map, whats its called?

9. Gandromidar

Gandromidar New Member

Queensland, Australia
    Ummm...I think its Thin Ice. We just made a few modifications. Is sorta like the Labrinth map except this time you have to mine minerals to get out and on Thin Ice you can see over the low ice. We made it so you could only get the detector air unit and no other air.

10. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

I think the red dot should be bigger as when your red you have to find a little red dot among all these other red things its almost impossible when it lands on a complete red part of your buildings. and I think it would be even harder when you dont even know your are getting nuked when it says "you are under attack" you could very well attacking an opponit.

11. Vampire

Vampire New Member

Canada
    Nuke also drop way faster then the original Sc 10second delay after Nuclear Launch Detected.

12. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    Looks like nukes will be used a lot more and more be a lot more effective.

and that terrifies the hell out of me D:

13. Vampire

Vampire New Member

Canada
    You can just move away and burrow -.-

14. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    Not when you just here 'WE ARE UNDER ATTACK' instead of 'NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED' and assume it's telling you about the attack. :p

15. wodan46

wodan46 New Member

Going for a critical mass strategy against terrans is going to be suicide, isn't it? If the protoss build a fleet of Carriers/Colossi or something, one of two nukes will reduce them to nothing.

16. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I still think its funny that a nuke will do a whole 10 damage against a immortal. Everything else is a wasteland and the immortal would hardly realize his shield's been injured.

17. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

I think that has to be modifiyed you'd have to get about 300 nuke to kill 1 immortal.

18. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    Why modified? The sole purpose of the Immortal is to survive against small amounts of heavy hitting units. It's hardened shield makes it so any attack can only do a max of 10 damage, making it the ultimate buster of terran fortifications. However, it is weak against fast fireing units like zerglings and marines.

19. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    That is why you don't use nukes against immortals, almost as bad as massing zealots against battlecruisers.

20. wodan46

wodan46 New Member

Nah, you need about 9. Apparently, only the Shields are hardened, not the whole health bar, though they've been changing this a lot.