1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ground Turret for Terrans

Discussion in 'Terran' started by FlyingTiger, Jul 27, 2007.

New Ground Turret for Terrans

Discussion in 'Terran' started by FlyingTiger, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

....It's shooting a missile.....Meaning it's an upgrade.

EDIT: That's for the Ground Turret.....This thread got all kinds of confusing on the second page.

2. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    That Missile is from the Other Turret a bit farther down the picture. So, no, its not an upgrade, but that may mean the Missile Turret has a longer range than before. :-[ Sorry Just to help clear that up the link to the Original Picture. http://www.gamemeca.com/game_data/preview/2050/teran-6.jpg

3. wuffle

wuffle Member

I think bunkers are now going to be neutral. There is a screenshot in the topic called "Protoss Bunker?" that shows a bunker in a battle between the protoss and terran that is the protoss's color and is getting shot at bya seige tank. This leads me to believe that bunkers are now neutral. I wonder if you can purchase them from some place or if they are just there like the observatories. In this screenshot the two bunkers are placed curiously close to eachother on high ground, but are of opposing teams.

EDIT: Here is the screenshot. http://media.pc.ign.com/media/850/850126/img_4560183.html

4. burkid

burkid New Member

bunkers arnt neutral. the only units in the game that benefit from bunkers are marines, reapers, firebats (if they are back), ghosts, medics, and SCVs. you cant fit a stalker in a bunker, a hydralisk wouldnt work, and its not like you're gonna put zerglings, banelings or zealots in a bunker. BUNKERS ARE TERRAN. that is the bottom line.

5. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I have to say the Ghost looks kind of weird. It shouldn't be white, it should be black. Black looks more sinister and stealthy. I'm still glad the Ghost has the snipe ability. They weren't much good for attacking but that might change.

The turret looks nice too. I didn't like the fact that you had to build a bunker and stuff some units in there for base defense. Assuming the turret's an early game defense, it would be cheaper and faster to build those. I think a bunker filled with Marines is still stronger, and has more health.

6. wuffle

wuffle Member

I agree that bunkers are Terran but you can't just turn your back on the screenshot and pretend it isn't there. Anyways, why woulod they show a bunker that got built by a mind-controlled SCV, its just stupid and confusing.

7. L0ck and L04d

L0ck and L04d New Member

I never did this but one of my friends was protoss, took a dark archon, and mind controled a drone, SCV and had some kind of super base made with buildings from all 3 races!

8. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

wuffle, that screenshot is strange, but Blizzard is definitely not dumb enough to make Bunkers neutral. I honestly think they just screwed up the team of that bunker when making the map for the screenshot- red and blue are players one and two, so it wouldn't be that difficult to just have a lapse and throw it in on the wrong team. It wouldn't really make sense for Bunkers to hold any other race's units... I don't think Protoss would be able to fit any ranged units in there anyhow.

9. Just what the Terran needed better defensive capabilities. The turret does take away from the uniqueness of defensive structures in starcraft as in SC1 every race had different types of structures (protoss 1 building for anti air and antiground, zerg 2, 1 for only ground one for only air, terran2, 1 customizable type damage troop filled building and 1 anti air detector). I can live with it though;especially as i dont know what is instore for zerg defences. Bunkers are Terran; Blizzard needs to release new information soon so we wont have to disect and discuss the most trivial things in screens.

10. wuffle

wuffle Member

Whatever. I'm going to post it on battle.net and see what the reply is.

11. surr

surr New Member

yep i am strongly in favour of the new turret i always hate having my turrets in sc1 mauled by zergs and then burned to death

12. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

ground turrets. nice! looks like it could walk or crawl. lol
    i think there is someone controlling it, it would be cool if like you can put a marine on it like the bunker.

wheres the terran mobile bunker?

13. TidalSpiral

TidalSpiral New Member

I'm extremely happy about this development. For one, I've wanted a machine gun turret unit ever since I heard Brood War was coming out. Secondly against the Zerg waves, this will undoubtedly be of extreme benefit so long as it continuously fires.

Consider it in a typical defensive pattern. Scatter a few of these behind your bunker wall, where they won't recieve direct fire and I bet they'll cut down even bigger units.

I know that bunkers will not be nuetral, but I have an idea of how it could work. Perhaps certain Protoss or Zerg units are capable of concealing themselves by hiding in an empty bunker (or killing their way in from behind). This would keep it a Terran ability yet if they don't watch them, they can be overrun and turned against the Terrans.

14. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Surr, you know what's even worse? When you use what little Marines you have in the beginning of the game, they get killed off by the Zerglings... but there's only one left and it's slowly rending your Missile Turrets.

So we have Missile Turrets, Ground Turrets, Bunkers, and Siege Tanks. Bases are going to be even harder to crack now.

15. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Not necessarily, because the turret seems to be very fragile, and there's stronger, bigger units for all the sides, as well as the Warp-In and the Nydus Worm.

16. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    I didn't notice there was a debate about it until now, let me try to clear it up.

If you examine the "blue bunker" very closely, especially when compared the the red bunker close to it, you'll notice that it has a graphical distortion. It is most easily noticible on its side facing bottom-right, but you can definitely tell from its roof being twisted. If you examine that distortion closely, then trace it by its edge, you'll realize that it's spherical. I believe the blue "neutral bunker" is just a red bunker caught in the "shockwave" visual effect of a siege tank's blast. That's my theory anyway.

And about the ground turret, it doesn't seem to be included in the Terran tech tree atm... not sure what that means.

17. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Yeah I was about to post about it's exclusion from the Terran Tech Tree image. It is possible that it some how failed the "boot camp" as well.

18. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    lame. it would have been a great terran defence. It would have less hp but longer range, or something like that.

19. DontHate

DontHate New Member

looks like it. in the new sc2 videos from blizzcon the turrets are just anti air i think. They also look different, and are more spikey.