1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Defence Structure

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Seradin, Aug 25, 2007.

New Defence Structure

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Seradin, Aug 25, 2007.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

AOE base defense for any of the races. WHY NOT? it make sense.

come on blizz! AOE base defenses for the TOSS! moving canons? shheezzz. or a base defense that can attack multiple targets. 8)

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Well the Terrans have tanks so the don't need it. The toss need it the most because with the HPand SP combined they are the weakest and they don't fire fast wnough to keep zerglings at bay.

I always envisioned some sort of chain lightning ability for the cannon where each spice emmited an energy beam and the ones facing away and in the back of the cannons would relay their beams to a forward facing spike of a front cannon. How does that shound? Plasma relay where a photon cannon can fire through the psi grid as long as it is powered all the way and there is a chain of cannons with each cannon being no futher than half the fire range of the last

3. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

you mean like prism towers from ra2? each tower shoots another one forming a chain and combining the energies which is released by the tower nearest to the enemy.

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I wouldn't know since I never played it. I just meant where each plasma ball would just bounce form cannon to cannon till it reached the enemies nothing about combining since that would not help against zerg anyway.

You could make it like Generals Patriot batteries where rearward cannons can fire farther by receiving targeting coordinates from the front cannons

5. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    That would be agreat idea, it would make sense considering the protoss use advanced technology

That would just be another example of technology in action.

6. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

how about a dome like sturcture that periodically releases ripples of shock waves that travels about 1/4 screen, all enemy caught in the shock wave receives small damage and gets their armor reduced to 0

7. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Nice, the Protoss secret weapon.

It should be all mechanical, since many new weapons for Protoss are mechanical units that were banned during the first war.

8. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    the small swarming units are the ones most dangerous to the cannons. They happen to have 0 armor already

9. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

well any armor upgrades would also be removed, a circle with diameter of 1/2 the screen is a very large area, so a lot of units would be affected, so even the small damage would be quite significant

10. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Perhaps the cannon should get a second mode where it can lock its emitter in place and open it and this will allow it to fire more rapidly bit each shot will do Les damage. Range might also be affected. It will be very effective vs swarming units but not so much against larger ones

11. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

base defense should be further improve and another NEW static base defense must be made for any races in starcraft 2. come on. starcraft 2, and we only get the same old bunkers and turrets and cannons... creep and spore colony again?.. $*@t. the planetary fortress is good, but not enough. some players just want to play around, turtling and play defense for example. i'll be bored seeing and playing defense with the same old base static defenses =\

AOE static base defenses? yes it can be balanced. ^^

12. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Here is a good base defense I saw on another game (UaWa turrets that redirects weapons fire back at the enemy. Melee attacks and beams still damage the tower and buildings around it but any projectiles entering the effect radius spin around back at the thing that fired it.

Imagine a banshee being blasted by its own missiles

13. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i want that one. =)

14. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    dude that would suck in halo if that happened, it would suck in any game, but in halo just imagine your sniper shot turning around and hitting you in the face ouch

15. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Instant suicide kill! :) Even better than sticking yourself on accident!

16. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    sticking yourself on accident, sometimes i toss the plasma grenade in the air and try to stick myself its fun i dont do this while I'm actually playing though, and yes i hate it when a sticky grenade bounces off a jackels shield or a wall and i stick myself

17. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    the new hook grenades from Halo 3 looks fun. This is getting off topic so I'll try to redirect it. Wouldn't it be col if the new Protoss canon shot stickies at enemies?