1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Dark Templar Concept art.

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Ych, Jul 24, 2007.

New Dark Templar Concept art.

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Ych, Jul 24, 2007.

1. BaneOfHumanity

BaneOfHumanity New Member

Dont like the new one...they need to keep it like it was in SC1...

2. Broken_Heart

Broken_Heart Member

That's a cool unit. I hope that's not a normal dark templar. That thing should be a hero. I think a normal dark templar should look like zeratul or something like this:
    [img width=466 height=660]http://www.gondiaz.com/Phill_Blizzard/Protoss_DarkTemplar_001.jpg[/img]

3. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I like the old dark templar too. Ninjatise the new dark tempar and make him look more myserious. Then make his armor like robes. Then I can be happy and pretty sure everyone else will too.

4. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

i like the new templar as is, he has that whole 'dont fck with me' vibe. i could totally imagine him in a 1v1 fight with an ultralisk. screw archons.

5. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

@ElizarSampaga
    Kinda. It's really just the regular archon with feedback. It's call the twilight archon. Apparently no mind control, so you will not be able to mind control that SCV or Drone and play 2 races at once with 400/600 cap. And rule everything. No, no. Not possible anymore. Why? Because it was too awesome.

But yeah. Merged the two into the Twilight Archon which is the blue archon with feedfack.

6. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

I believe you need the CD. I could be wrong. But I always put the CD in to start it up. In short I believe you need the CD to play. (unless you have it downloaded or something.)

7. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    it looks like a hybrid??

8. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    If you look at this picture you can see what looks to be some Dark Archon concept Art near the Twilight. So it's possible it might come back. They really have made it clear that and I quote "It aint finished till the game ships" so the Dark Templar look might change and the DA might make a comeback who knows.
    [img width=375 height=500]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1361/1025470816_c7b35e3243.jpg?v=0[/img]

9. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

Actually, I think that there will be an expansion set, and on it, the two main archons will return, modified a bit, and this archon will be left for the High Templar + Dark templar mergings. That's what I believe. Afterall, the first one had an expansion set, why not the second?

10. StarFyre

StarFyre Guest

having mind control to take over and build other armies IS NOT OVERPOWERED. I remember blizzard saying years ago, "if anyone has been able to build a full protoss army AND a full zerg and terran army and attack all at once against you, guess what? you've already lost the game LONG prior"

it's true...

just like the black hole for the mothership, etc..it's something that could be balanced quite easily if they really wanted too. It probably didn't fit into their style of tournament play, instead of doing more innovative or cool things for fun sake.

Sanjay

11. Indigent

Indigent New Member

It'd be funny if you could mind controll a spider mine in the middle of a large area and make it explode with all the other spider mines (Spider mines are never alone...).
    *In the morning you wake up and do your buisness. You go to this website and Q&A link is up.
    You carefully read what it says.
    Q: Can people in the Starcraft comunity cope with the loss of zerglings?
    A: Yes, the new spider mine will... -Your head blows up-*

12. Indigent

Indigent New Member

His sythe is double sided, though... Wow the green looks really bad.

13. slugonice

slugonice New Member

I miss the MYSTERIOUS dark templars