1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Dark Templar Concept art.

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Ych, Jul 24, 2007.

New Dark Templar Concept art.

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Ych, Jul 24, 2007.

1. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I highly doubt it's Zeratul, in any form. It's gotta be a trophy hunting Dark Templar who took some animal's jaws (looks like a hydralisk), and threw them on his armor. If not, it's an infested Protoss. It's armor looks kind of carapace-y, and the crack on it's helmet kind of leads me to think it's an infested Protoss. We shall see.
    -edit-
    200th post. Hesz!

2. Deadpool

Deadpool New Member

ya it does look like an infested protoss which is somethin im hopin for in SC2 and gratz on ur 200th post kehmdaddy

*Edit*Maybe the picture is a picture of a protoss hero thats either gonna be in the story or just a hero that gonna be playable in multiplayer also i think your idea on the first page about a unit that cocuns the enemy then brings it bak to the base and then it would come out is an aweasome idea

3. Deadpool

Deadpool New Member

i just had a thought wat if there was a unit that after it killed an enemy it would get like its genatic code or somethin then it would take thatt back to any of the zerg hatcheries or any of its upgrades then u could create a mutated or infested version of that unit (this would work for EVERY unit of course) for example like a infested marine instead of being a sucidal unit it should have an infested rifle (the zerg really could use more ground non-mele unit) sorry this dousnt really have to do anything w/ this topic but i had to get this idea out :)

4. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    You could've started a new topic in the Zerg Units and Structures area.

I'm expecting a few Protoss fans with torches and pitchforks right now.

5. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I can see why you would think that it's an infested Protoss. I thought that for a bit....But I noticed a few things.

One. No slime. Every infested thingie has slime/goo/drool.
    Two. It's hand is regular. Infested things always have spikes or crap.
    Three. It has a weapon still. No Zerg has a weapon aside from it's body and mind.
    Four. The eyes. I have no facts here, but it just doesn't look like infested eyes to me.

6. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

well considering blizzard released it as concept art for the DT and not an infested DT, but you never know

7. stat

stat New Member

looks protoss to me. bad azz protoss.

8. xasterothx

xasterothx New Member

its wearing the zerg skeletons as a trophy...

9. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

If it was infested, wouldn't it just drop the weapon and go jihad style?

Also considering its labelled Dark Templar CONCEPT and resembles already the DT we've seen I assume its a DT.

I agree with whoever said it took hydra bones as a trophy, look at its shoulders and legs, and the jaws look quiete disconnected from its face

10. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

lol.

anyway the artwork look of the DT is ok with me. its the new dark templar, looks stronger than the original.looks scarier and bad ass too (predator like) and if they take off their cloaks, you will be like OMG! WTF?! spare me great one... i love it!

11. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    I do agree with there
    I also thought it was a trophy that the dark templar was wearing from a hydralisk
    but it does look like a zerg/protoss hybrid and for me it makes sounds clear that he is wearing some kind of trophy

12. JudicatorPrime

Well I don't see any sign of infestation... Just a battle-hardened DT with an assload of bones for armor.

13. TerranTemplar

TerranTemplar New Member

He looks like a DT who had a bad day in the warcraft wardrobe if you ask me ><

But the idea of an infested protoss does hold some weight in my books. The headpiece thing is chipped and damaged, certainly not becoming of a protoss who love order and structure. Also, the forehead area is just bone and cracked in places. Lastly his armor is made out of bones and spikes, something that the zerg are in great supply of :p

But, seeing as this is a Dark Templar the adornment idea could also have some sense due to thier roguish ways. Although I've never heard of them doing that before. Might just be me tho.

14. DontHate

DontHate New Member

well the dark templar were more tribal and such, so i guess that expains the spikes and bones. The zerg dont' really use bones to decorate themselves anyways. If it was infested it should have like spikes growing out of it's back. if it was infested it should have more things mutating not adding more things such as different armor or whatnot.

15. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

that's the sexiest thing i've ever seen! he's so slick! looks revamped and hybrid style, but too good to be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT!: i am sure that's a hybrid. look at his face, the teeth coming out of the skin, and look at the skulls all over his armor

16. JudicatorPrime

The Teeth aren't coming out, he's just adorned himself in Zerg bones...

17. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Well, considering the fact that they were pretty much on the run for some thousand years or so, i don't think the original DT's had any chance to develop strong armor like Zealots, for example. Heck, SC1 and Brood War didn't last long enough for the Protoss to develop any new tech, they only used toys that had already been in existence for some time (corsair and DA).

Now that 4-10 years has passed, surely the Protoss would have enfitted them with some armor - i mean, cloaking works with armor (even if DT's are a bit assassin-ish) and it's not like them making armorish noises on the battlefield under the sound of artillery is going to make a big difference...

18. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

i thought that was some DT warlord when i saw it. some hero unit.

i dont see how you could think that's an infested DT? the infested terrans had a crapload of a tentacles growing out of it, so why not an infested DT?

19. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    He doesn't look infested at all to me, never crossed my mind until now. That is just armor and ornaments he is wearing. Blizzard basically said as much as well so I think we can count out that its a "infested" Dark Templar.

20. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I don't think it's infested. But yeah, it does look like the predetor. What they need to do with the dark templar is get rid of the sythe and the wierd armor looking thing. Looks heavy, doesn't give the right protoss vibe. Hope they still have the whole super high damage thing.