1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Battlecruisers Mega-Weapons

Discussion in 'Terran' started by LxMike, Oct 24, 2007.

?

No poll here, please move along.

1. ...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

New Battlecruisers Mega-Weapons

Discussion in 'Terran' started by LxMike, Oct 24, 2007.

1. ShasOkais

ShasOkais New Member

Canada
    Re: Merge The Battlecruiser and the pretator intercept abilties

I'm sorry for being behind. What does intercept do again?

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona

Intercept is allowed the predator to shoot down incoming projectiles (read missiles) and scourge to protect capital ships (battlecruisers)

Because intercept was designed to protect capital ships, if you put it on a capital ship then what can put it? The point of having it on a separate ship is that it forces you to mix ships and also gives the enemy a way to counter the intercept ability effectively by killing the preds.

Perhaps the Nomad or dropship could gain this ability. With EMP now on the Ghost a slot has opened up on the Nomad. People have also been pushing for the dropship to gain added abilities or some sort of weaponry and this seems like just the right fit. It would also help defend the cargo during drops though realistically the dropship will probably die even with this ability

3. LxMike

LxMike New Member

yes but how you can kill a pretator if he intercept all the incoming attack. ^_^

btw look, the mothership have the time bomb ability which block missles so the bc have a ability to block missles too, and for the scouge I think BC should stay (lke it was in starcraft 1) the only air unit that doesn't fear scourge(1hit kill)

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona

It is possible to take out the predater nore quickly and thus prevent the use of intercept. I don't think you havea chance of killing a BC before it actuvates its abilittes since it has such a high HP and armor level.

Also the BC and MS might both be capital ships but that does not mean they should all have the same abilties. Remember the MS has a far different attack as well making it more of a combat caster

5. LxMike

LxMike New Member

Re: Merge The Battlecruiser and the predator intercept abilties

well the carrier can takes out BC fast as they have a speed advantage over the BC.

and in SC we don't use air unit to counter BC , we use mass ground unit ( hydralisk, goliath, dragoon)

also what can we do to a mass mothership before they wipe us out with the planet cracker.

I just think terran should get more things for the BC as the protoss have 2 capital ships and the terran only one.

<<off topic<< did you notice we now have unit veterancy (yay) in starcraft 2 (the little mark on the top of the unit)

6. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto

I thought that the veterancy is like, the opposite of the starcraftish feel, id rather be trying to figure out how to be use my units best rather then follow 1 or 3 around all game trying to get them really high level

7. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova

The combining of the BC and predator sounds interesting, I just don't think it fits the BC though, its an attack capital ship, not a damage blocker for the rest of the fleet.

8. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

That would be awesome, to see BC shoot multiple intercept missiles to intercept attacks.

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia

The Battlecruiser can already take out Missile Turrets, etc, with the Yamato Cannon. If they are now able to destroy missiles fired from Missile Turrets, then they would be way to effective at raiding bases. Battlecruisers already have their old Yamato Cannon, and are able to get a new Plasma Torpedo ability, so I think that is enough for them. In my opinion, Blizzard should re-implement intercept into a new Terran air unit. If they aren't able to do this for balance reasons, etc, then just cut it from the game.

10. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

Instead configuring individual BC to have intercept missiles, I think it should be an upgrade that every unit gets it.

11. EonMaster

Black City, Unova

But like Itza said, it would be too effective at base raiding. They already have the reaper and viking for raiders. The BC has both the yamato cannon and plasma torpedoes, they don't need an intercept ability. If they re-implement it, it should go to a smaller craft with a lower attack strength.

12. Tavisman

Tavisman New Member

I don't think it will be implemented in the game, because then you just could build mass bc:s, and raid an enemy base while shooting down enemy fire. My opinion is, that the predator should return, since it it/was such a cool unit. At least I wanna see some videos of it, so we can see how it would perform in the battlefield.

13. LxMike

LxMike New Member

mass BC is fun hehe, but lok the protosse player want to merge the carrier with the mothership

14. EonMaster

Black City, Unova

they want to merge, but it won't happen.

15. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

@EonMaster
    But look at the protoss, you have Collossus, Stalker and not to mention the mother ship. You're right the terrans have the reapers and vikings in the raiding list, but they need a capital ship to be added to the list. I didnt mention thor because who knows what going to happen to it

16. EonMaster

Black City, Unova

The MS isn't nearly as powerful as it once was. The colossus isn't good against buildings, while the reaper is.

The protoess have the stalker and colossus, while the terrans have the reapers and vikings. Both civ. have thier owns specialized raider units.

17. Justicator

Justicator New Member

Re: Batllecruiser idea

I started a vote.
    Who has its own idea is it immediately to write, because I love it about one of my favourite unit to talk.

18. Maelstrom

Maelstrom New Member

Buenos Aires, Argentina

The idea is very interesting, however this is making the BC too strong. This would actually transform him into a REAL capital ship, getting closer and closer to the ''mothership'' status.
    And Battlecruisers are not meant for that.
    Anyway, I think the idea is really cool, and I'd love to see, at least in a cinematic, a battlecruiser as a kickass mothership, with defensive turrets over it, big time lasers, and whatnot.

19. Charmed

Charmed New Member

Interesting. Though I would prefer if those 2 modes can be switched with relative ease so that BCs will be more versatile. Since you invited all of us to post ideas, dun blame me for hijacking your thread. ;)

Before I start, I would like to redefine Battlecruiser's role in the Terran army. BCs roles are to be tankers that absorb most of the damage while countering powerful but expensive units such as Motherships, Carriers, Twilight Archon, Collosus, Thors and themselves efficiently. Therefore they wouldn't fare well against mass units such as hydras, reapers and etc without support from other army. In my opinion, Plasma Torpedoes should be scrap since it is almost similar with Banshee's attack. Alas Terran had too many ground aoe attack even though the new Thor has been redesigned.

Yamato Cannon

Yamato Cannon's role in Starcraft 1 led me to believe that BCs are meant to counter powerful but expensive units since it is devastating against singular targets. However its usefulness is limited as there are other better options and the BC itself is expensive while being a high tier unit. Hopefully in SC 2, BCs are worth the resources. Or else BCs are gonna be like in the original Starcraft. Not to mention this spell consumes so much energy! :eek:

Yamato Cannon will allow the BC to fire a "fireball" that deals 200 damage while stunning the target for about 2 seconds exerting 100 energy. This would improve the chances of the BCs or other units to chase after the target since they are slow moving. Also YC can stop chanelling spell (if Blackhole is a chanelling spell and remains in the game) Therefore this stunning effect will definetely be a great counter to powerful units while worthless on massable units.

Matrix Shield

I actually change the Science Vessel's Defensive Matrix to suit the BCs. This ability will allow the BCs to be completely immune to any spells (abilities that requires energy) while reducing any other damage by 30% for a duration of 1.5 minutes with a cooldown of 1 minute. This ability doesn't require any energy.

The reason for this ability is to improve the BC's role in being a powerful tanker while countering powerful caster such as the Mothership or High Templars. So long as the BCs are protected by this shield, they need not be afraid of the Mothership with Blackholes. So in this situation they can potentially counter each other. With the shield on, the Mothership cannot withstand even one Battlecruiser. But if all or most of the BCs are not shielded, the Mothership can easily overpower the BCs.

So basically with temporal spell immunity the BC can change the tide favouring the Terrans.

Life Mana Stealing (Passive)

With this upgrade the BCs can absorb any lost life and mana from their targets into their own life and mana bulb. Okay maybe this should suit the Protoss lore wise but this is just an idea.

For example if the BC has 50 damage and there are 2 targets with one Mothership having tons of hitpoints while a Zergling has only 25 hitpoints. When the BC damages the Mothership, the BC can asborb 50 hit points and 50 mana from the Mothership! Well basically since the Mothership lost 50 hit points so the BC gains 50 hit points. But as for the Zergling this is going to be different. Since there is a lost of 25 life from the Zergling (dead), the BC only gains 25 hitpoints. Take note that since the Zergling do not have any energy the BC only absorb 25 hit point as oppose to the Mothership with 50.

Basically whatever the enemy loss the BC will gain it. The mana is the bonus. If the target does not have any energy, then it gains nothing from it. Note that I am playing with numbers. If it is not balance from a numerical point it can be adjusted. If this is to imbalance, this life mana stealing capacity can be reduced by armours, damage type and etc.....

I presume the BC's attack is going to be either moderate or quite slow in SC 2. So this scenario will make such upgrade more suitable for powerful units while faring poorly against massable units.

Note

Thanks to Justicator for allowing me to post this idea.

And remember those numbers I post there will defitenetely be overpowered or underpowered. Numbers can be tweak but ideas aren't. So feel free to comment and criticize.

Also these are just ideas. Lore wise it won't fit or won't make sense. I m just trying my best for the BCs to fit their role while making such ideas fare poorly against massable units.

20. Tenchev

Tenchev Guest

Cool !This is a perfect idea and have llogical. :powerup: