1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Battlecruisers Mega-Weapons

Discussion in 'Terran' started by LxMike, Oct 24, 2007.

?

No poll here, please move along.

1. ...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

New Battlecruisers Mega-Weapons

Discussion in 'Terran' started by LxMike, Oct 24, 2007.

1. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Battlecruisers would never be equipped with a self-destruct device. No engineer in their right mind would design them to have the ability blow up. If the natural explosion from how they died inflicted damage on other units, through the projectile debris and shrapnel, that would be a different story.

2. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

harsh? harsh is picking apart everything wrong with it. you just repeated what i said and called it a bad thing. wasn't harsh in the least.

terrans copy stuff, it's what they do.

3. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    What about a AoE lock down burst. i would love to see lockdown return, and this might be a nice balanced way to do so.
    It would fire a projectile, similar to the Ghost's in SC, but perhaps bigger, or a few of them.
    This way if there were units such as seige tanks, immortals, air units, ects...clusted together BAM locked down.
    The radius obviously can't be too big, otherwise it would be much to powerfull. I was also thinking this could be a deadly combo when combined with one of the other two power weapons.

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    @ Hillzagold. The Battlecruiser isn't meant to be effective against massed air units. This is why your idea is cr@p. It would get rid of the Battlecruiser's weakness, making them extremely powerful against all unit types, which is not what StarCraft2 is about. Every unit in StarCraft2 has a major strength but a major weakness. It is not an original idea. Blizzard has already been accused of being extremely unoriginal, so why would you suggest that there should be a Terran unit, that is a cross between two other units from two other races? It would make the Terran Battlecruiser, the Protoss Carrier and the Zerg Mutalisk a whole lot less unique. One of the major successes about StarCraft has been how different each of the races are. Merging so many of the classic, unique units would completely destroy this. It would destroy the Battlecruiser, which is an iconic Terran unit, destroy the Carrier, which is an iconic Protoss unit, and destroy the Mutalisk, which is an iconic Zerg unit. Your idea makes no sense and would severely detract from the game. Terran don't copy 'stuff', and they definitely do not copy the Zerg and Protoss.

5. Justicator

Justicator New Member

Batllecruiser idea

Before I want beginning I it to only your opinion say, and then ideas writes!

The Batllecruiser succeeded very well, but the plasma torpedoes underline a further offensive and are not suitable with the concept of Starcraft2 the units too advance.(I legend nothing against the plasma torpedoes, them are very important!) I want it you reminded at the first attack of the Batllecruiser from Starcraft and the first Game Play demo of Starcraft2, which is a large primary beam, which I for easement"LaserPhalanx"designate, and which serves many small lasers those momentarily for the Batllecruiser, which I for easement"BurstLasers"designate.

The idea is perfect an answer for the easement micro and macro the management of the GAME Playing.

My idea is that the Batllecruiser an individual Mod coupling for its attack has.
    The Mod coupling is like that as from the Priest(human) from Warcraft3 - either a healing or Buff.
    With the Mod coupling one selects that, which Batllecruiser with "LaserPhalanx" or "BurstLasers" is to attack.
    For example the Batllecruiser with the Mod coupling on "LaserPhalanx" is on-line one, then he can hurt a goal into shorter time with larger damage.
    But if it against Immortals start (nothing that the Immortals not air target have) become it their HardenShields at the first attack to activate.
    And then the player can activate the Mod coupling on "BurstLasers", which shoot several small of laser those the HardenSields ignore.
    Except required the "BurstLasers" A special Ability against Zerglings marine and Interceptors.
    At place "BurstLasers" Shots on a Zergling or a marine or a Interceptor shoot, can the Batllecruiser several Zerglings marine Inferceptors on bombardment set.
    That is so similarly as the Mothership of the Protoss however all goals at the same time to attack can, and another role in the Game Playing plays.

The Laserbattery is the generator for the weapon systems and has a strength of 50 Damage where with depending upon uses the "LaserPhalanx" or the "BurstLasers" to be supplied. The Batllecruiser has in such a way to say in Lv0 of its armament always 50 damage separate-ends depending upon need to be used can.

Example: Two Batllecruisers attack two different units the 50 plasma shields have.
    The first Batllecruiser is in the "LaserPhalanx" mode and the other one with "BurstLasers".
    All two attack in each case a unit (number 1 and 2).
    The "LaserPhalanx" does not have 25 Damage and has cool down from 3 seconds where it in the third second still another "LaserPhalanx" shoots whereby the unit a plasma shields more has. (in 3 seconds/two Attacks /25+25=50 damage)
    The other Batllecruiser attacks the other unit where at its attack 3 seconds lasts and the plasma shields the unit on zero sits. (one Attack/ 3 second long/5 damage per once of 10 lasers 5x10=50)

6. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

Re: Batllecruiser idea

i'd really like to see a combination of the old and the new attack; a big laser and 3 small lasers, it gives such a capital ship feeling

7. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Yeah, i guess one big and 3 small ones is not bad.

But i really prefer the 8 small ones :) Makes it look so beef!

8. LxMike

LxMike New Member

that would be nice, if the Bc have a main laser that deal mass damage, grate range and also has small secondaries battries with short range and small damage for defense purpuse

9. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

it would be something like this idea:
    the battlecruiser would get a turn rate but would get 3 extra lasers that fire while moving and can fire in any direction and the main laser would only fire when standing still

10. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL

This degree if unit stat management starts leaning towards WC3's heroes, which is something I don't want to see in SC2.

11. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia

I like the Battlecruiser how it is. Both the concept and design are perfect at the moment, I don't really see a need for it to have this kind of attack. I'll quote the famous phrase, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!".

12. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

if blizzard said that they wouldnt produce games anymore

13. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia

Their old games aren't being fixed though. The thing they are fixing is a recent lack of decent RPS games. And boy have they fixed it! StarCraft2 better not come out when I'm doing the HSC, otherwise my UAI will plummet!

14. Justicator

Justicator New Member

Perhaps wrongly understood.
    I wanted that not I only one idea write to separate also different ideas in addition to write or my ideas improve. And it like a Hero as from WC3 does not work believes I. It is one mod coupling you determines only the attack. I clearly explained it only a little. And therefore it sees as hero.

15. CaptainPicard

CaptainPicard New Member

Anyone know the unit cost of a BC? Will it stay at 8?

I like the BCs a lot, but I hope that the Thor will get replaced with a new Terran capital ship.

16. Justicator

Justicator New Member

Can you say a name for this capital ship , then i have a idea here the SCV build over the batllecruiser and make him to a caital ship :)

17. Thalion

Thalion New Member

Now, when Predator is gone, maybe BC will get Point Defense Upgrade now?

18. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia

I think that could quite possibly make it overpowered. Predators could only attack air, so even though they could negate a Missile Turret's attack, they couldn't attack it back. If a Battlecruiser could stop a Missile Turrets attack as well as attack it back, then it would be an unfair advantage. Battlecruisers are already able to wipe them out in a single Yamato, the downside is that they have to wait ages for another one.

19. capthavic

capthavic New Member

wow no offence but that was really hard to read. I don't know if I understood correctly but I think the battlecruiser is fine the way it is.

20. LxMike

LxMike New Member

Merge The Battlecruiser and the predator intercept abilties

As everyone know, the pretator is gone so why not fuse the BC and the intercept idea. So let's say 100 energies to activate, use 3 energies per seconde so it wil last 50 max for a upgraded BC.

It could be overpower for sure .....but hey look the ghost got 5 abilities