1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Battlecruisers Mega-Weapons

Discussion in 'Terran' started by LxMike, Oct 24, 2007.

?

No poll here, please move along.

1. ...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

New Battlecruisers Mega-Weapons

Discussion in 'Terran' started by LxMike, Oct 24, 2007.

1. biglittlezergling

biglittlezergling New Member

Re: POLL: The New Battlecruiser’s firing solution.

yeah with one unit already having a railgun i do not believe that Blizz will change the BC to have one as well. I think that they like the idea of lasers raining from the sky when a BC is overhead. And really that image looks cool.

2. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands

Of course not. That another unit has been introduced doesn't mean that the poll is useless. Blizzard often changes things in Starcraft 2, there is a good chance that the Jackal will have different weapons later on, it might even be removed from the game again.

Also, there are still many other weapons available out there to put on the Battlecruiser, that's what the option "something else" is created for.

That is not entirely true. Lasers and Railguns are different. They each have their own up- and downsides and do different amounts of damage. Not only the visual aspect of the game matters, you also have to consider the gameplay changes. Just look at the Jackal: the railguns do piercing damage and have an area of effect blast. Lasers are not piercing, but they fire a lot faster.

3. don_bocci

don_bocci New Member

Well the mechanics all really depend on how Blizzard wants to make them. They could very well have made the rail guns fire faster and made the lasers do piercing and area effect.

4. ekulio

ekulio New Member

5. Elfgard

Elfgard New Member

I'm shure it has been said before, but i think if the Battlecruiser chooses to use the Yamato cannon, it shoul have laser attacks. And if it chooses to have the Plasma Torpedoes, it could have torpedo-attacks.
    It makes more sense, and I want the lasers back! :(

6. tweakismyname

tweakismyname New Member

this poll sounds so biased

"pew pew lasers"

"Hardcore railguns"

7. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark

Yes, and pew pew owns hardcore...

8. WuHT

WuHT New Member

As long as they are instant hitting , i'd prefer laser (as the projectile would look cooler as a quick burst instead of giant piece of metal). And since Battlecruisrer = instant hit attack, laser looks like an easy win.

9. ekulio

ekulio New Member

True. How about PREEEEEEEOOOOOOWWW lasers and bang bang railguns?

10. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia

the plasma torpedo animation attack looks different now/

11. epo

epo New Member

I totally digg the new Battlecruiser. It looks awesome!! And they have edited the firing animation too. It looks okej for lasers.

12. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Yeah what's up with the new attack? Is it a complete replacement for the old single laser?

It seems to shoot out a volley of three or so missiles. Doesn't seem very powerful, they couldn't take out one corrupter before getting infested and dying.

(Talking about the video where that screenshot is taken)

13. Sakujou

Sakujou New Member

I love the new battle cruisers...really detailed and nice :D I like the new guns also didn't like the old weapons actually :p

14. epo

epo New Member

@ JudicatorPrime. Well they actually take out one each; I have the video in high def.

and you have to take in consideration that there are 14 Zerg Corrupter and only 2 Battlecruisers.

and it was detailed somewhere that the Corrupter is the equivalent for the old Devourer so if they have a similar attack and HP. It would be the Corrupter's 25 damage and 250 HP versus the Battlecruiser's 25 damage and 500 HP.

So one on one, not a problem... just not 7 to 1.

However, an simply aesthetic remark is: that I would like the "barrage" animation to be continuous. I think it would enforce the Battlecruiser's spot as the premier Terran capital ship.

15. Gforce

Gforce New Member

yeah, if was a constant barrage it would be cool, but it looks like it fires three or five projectiles in a volley right?

16. DevilsGate

DevilsGate New Member

lol it is ironic that the screenshot u took showing how 'awesome' the new bcs are is taken moments before they are infested :p

17. Juggernaught131

Juggernaught131 New Member

America
    BATTLECRUISER tactics and possibilities

I know that it is a bit late, (and im sorry f this is a repeat) but i like the i dea of the battlecruisers having multiple laser options. But i would like to expand this principle with the battle cruiser. It is a giant space craft that orbits over the field and has a million places to put weapons so the battle cruiser should have more. I have a few ideas, like a version of the planet cracker (sorry if wrong) but smaller and as a main attack. I also liek the idea of possibly creating a capitol battle cruiser, liek a hero class one that you can upgrade different parts of it with different weapons (like the Universe at war Hierarchy capital walkers) of course this would take a lot of balancing, but i think blizzard can do it if they release an expansion pack or starcraft 3. give me your thoughts or delete this if it is somehow a duplicate

18. Funkymonkey88

Funkymonkey88 New Member

I agree if it is very similar to the SC one because it would be annilated unless you had some massive defenses. Add a laser or faster attack would greatly improve it making it more valuable and more worth it.

19. Jissé

Jissé New Member

Dublin
    I don't like the idea, or whatever related with "make the battlecruisers the ultimate weapon please".

If you have a ultimate weapon in the game, it will just be about who got it first, and:
    1) nobody will play the other units of the given race,
    2) nobody will play the other races.

So basically, it will not be Starcraft anymore, but battlecruiserswar. So design your own mod later if you want, but please let's let Blizzard design a well balanced game, where all the units have basically the same chance to be interesting at some stage in the game (I am mainly refering to the multiplayer part).

But, this said, I like the idea of independant turrets, that can fire even if the unit is currently moving: what I didn't like in Starcraft 1, even if I understand the point from the gameplay point of view, is that no unit can attack/defend while moving. I can understand a zergling cannot use its arms in the same time for attacking and running, but a tank or a battlecruiser, come on... I would enjoy having a unit in the Terran arsenal, who is able to take some damage and to attack/defend while moving. This would be an interesting alternative in my opinion to the current flying super-tank concept.

20. Juggernaught131

Juggernaught131 New Member

America