1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Zerg Resource Mechanic Solution(Idea)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by lurkers_lurk, Aug 1, 2009.

?

What do you think?

1. I like it.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Its so-so.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Don't like it.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Other.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

My Zerg Resource Mechanic Solution(Idea)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by lurkers_lurk, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    its not ab00t apm its about getting minerals quicker.

blizz should try different techniques and make say 12 workers and send them to the exact same setup of minerals and add the different techniques to each race and even it that way, so that any other variable would be out of the question.

(so it would exclude the making more drones and stuff and exclude harassment)
    basicly im just saying make a controled experiment and test different abiltys.

2. Acidic

Acidic Guest

Using a mixture of idea's then maybe they could give drones a lesser speed bonus say 10% when on ground surrounded by a hatchery upping this to 20% with lair and 30% with a hive. Or remove the bonus from a hatchery and increase the cost of lair and hive upgrades to include the speed production. One possible advantage of this would be making teching earlier more viable.

Problems I could see are that zerg isnt protoss and are not supposed to be tech heavy. If you are on the side that believes zerg's T2 is the current problem and that the T3 units are slightly overpowered compared to other races then the hive upgrade could be excluded, im not going to start QQ race balances without playing there game - merely idea's.

Does not add to macro APM though.
    P.s H3llo furmz peeps :D

3. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

Ok i have an idea and its been the idea i have had floating in my head for a very long time.

A Mineral Leech. It would kill it self either after a minute or after it reaches 100 mineral. It would come from an overlord, i would like for it to have to require a research upgrade. Best part about the leech is that other enemies cant mine while the leech is active on that mineral node and to make that even better YOU can mine that node with a drone AND have a leech on the node at the same time.

Leme know how you guys like this idea?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  4. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Wouldn't be to bad of an idea, I'm guessing it would use energy right?

And to not have a random enemy worker taking you're minerals (which rarly happens) would be nice.

I see one extreemy big problem though, you could run into the enemys base with a few and just stop all harvesting of you're aponents, and if you make it only minerals incased in creep you could still do it to other Zerg players =(

fine idea but we need a way to get around that little loop hole.

5. Acidic

Acidic Guest

could be easily solved by giving the leech a low health pool so it could be killed fairly easily.

6. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

YES YES i'm sooo sorry i forgot to mention it has life.(my falt for not being clear)

Its attackable. it is ment to be an extra miner on the same node as ur drone for in base use, as for out of base use it could serve as a miner base water to see if the enemy comes around. the ability is based off energy. i would prefer that it use up alot of energy so it doesnt get spammed with 50 overlords or something. As for the gas it does the same thing to gas. I'm thinking the leech would gather 5 minerals every 7 to 8 seconds, or possible 9 or 10 idk thats something up to balancing.

7. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    sounds like the mule concept now, T_T

so it would have like 20HP :0 armor :and act like another worker = Leech
    40HP :armor? :acts like worker = Mule
    pretty close, maybe something different, isn't blizz want all the races more unique and not the same?
    im not shooting down the idea, but it sounds like a even more massible mule.

8. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

No you have the Wrong idea. mules move around and stuff a leech would just sit there and never move. You can put leeches at bases and never have to really build at that base. You just have to remeber to go back after about 120 seconds or so and remeber to renew it.

Given that we expect the workers to act like they did in SC1 where its one per node and if there is one already there the up coming worker has to find another one open. leeches DONT trigger that effect while Drones are working.(no you cant stack leeches on a single node) every 8 -10 seconds (depends on balancing) you gain some minerals for that leech.

how does that in any way sound like a mule besides the fact it increases mineral gain???

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  9. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    So could I go around to other mineral nodes not by my base and get free resources?

Does a hatchery need to be near by?(in other words)

cuz other wise Ima just place some overlords at a few mineral nodes and replenish and make just enought workers to make my buildings. I could see that being possibly over powered given you had enough overlords, would they be given the ability right away or would this be an upgrade?

Also, can a worker be on the minerals at the same time(I think you answered that but I'm to lazy to scroll up)

10. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

i would prefer not too see a hatchery near by in order for this ability to work, if you needed a hatchery then it would be too close to a mule.

I thought about this too as it would be over powered with the basic number of overlords a zerg player has thats why i was thinking maybe the overseer should get this ability or it be put on an incredibly LONG cooldown. i would say once every 3 mins while the leech only last 1 min and with in that min ever 8 to 10 seconds you gain 5 miners for it. 60 / 8 = 7.5 take the .5 off since it will despawn/die when its time is over that leaves 7 times to gain its minerals now 7 * 5 = 35 minerals for 1 overlord you would have to have about 5 or so overlords at an extra base or so for this to be completely effective.

now we all know thats not hard to do, the overlords in sc1 if not used for drops or detection arnt used for much as it is now. AND lets not forget there still targets by the enemy. it gives good reason for the enemy to be looking out for this. there is very little chance this can be over powered given you just keep an eye on expansions. i mean if you can take a second to click on a few nodes and see it the 1500 number has changed then its your falt.

as for when do overlords get this ability that i'm not sure of, i guess it should be upgraded for the evolution chamber.

and just to make it more balanced since you cant upgrade overlord speed till tier 2, i'll hive it to where the overlords can only be Right on top of the nodes to place the leech. (i guess it would show an animation of them kinda landing on it for a second and then flying back up. upgrading the overlord speed would increase there casting speed on the ability but the cooldown would still remain 3 mins.

With this said NO spaming overlords would not stop you from not building workers, with the leeches only gaining 35 minerals ever 3 mines while an over lord it self coast 100 minerals it would take 3 leeches before you get your moneys woth back completely IF you are just building overlords for the sake of just leeching, (thank god your not...)

11. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    That to me starts to make it more useless and would very soon be less used just because of the very little help it gives, unless you're a pro player that can truly do this on every node using all of his overlords so that there's always one on a node.

But it needs to be easy, how about it gives you minerals as fast as a normal worker but it doesn't need to travel back to the base so it is still faster, and it won't mess up with the normal worker gathering.

So why not put it on the overseer or make it an upgrade for overlord.
    Maybe they could just make a changling do this and it would be called something a little different, it would be a small morph time and would cost like 15 minerals, that why it's not too spamable because of not having overseers that much. But I think their should be something like of it's not in the presence of the creep then it should harvest half as much, and maybe you could have something like you need at least 2 overseers per leech to make it a little less spamable or something like 2per overseer.

Or just screw anything that doesn't let you spam them. Maybe you could do this to a normal worker instead, it's upgraded at the lair and then you sacrifice the drone to mutate the crystals into a temporary gold cyrstal.

12. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

its subject to balance, the numbers are numbers at the end of the day. given that you HAVE to make overlords anyways the point of it boils down to you atleast being able to get some of your money back. yeah you can add some to how much the leech gains per tick while on the node, hell make it 15 minerals per tick every 10 seconds that would be 90 minerals, with a 3 min cooldown from that single overlord.

its all subject to balance, i just want this idea sent to blizzard cause i still feel like zerg need some help.

13. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    True... Well I give it a 2 thumbs up!