1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Protoss Critique

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Redlazer, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

My Protoss Critique

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Redlazer, Nov 24, 2007.

1. longlivefenix

longlivefenix New Member

personally the zealot and the ling are my two favorite units
    (seriously)
    so im a hardcore stab/stab believer
    i always thought that that looked badass
    also the stab/stab looks much better in themed games
    cuz thats how anything with blades would attack
    -or-
    lets some of the zealots do the swing while some do the thrust
    it looks better because you can see how each zealot is different from each other
    just as long as they both do the same dmg/second

2. Ace_Bear

Ace_Bear New Member

Take up any martial arts for 30 minutes people. Try to use any of the weapons your allowed to use like the original zealot and see how far you get in kumate fights.

Just look at the way the Zealot swung before. It wasn't even a jab. I jab brings your arm back then snaps it forward extremely fast for low power but effective for its use. That zealot used a "punch" starting from near his own head then thrusting straight forward using all the wrong muscles culminating in what should be nothing. And no just because you have those things on his arms doesn't mean his swings should be horrible. I mean seriously, he doesn't even rotate his body with his fist(generating about twice as much power as he would normally).

At least the new animation is closer to how a real fighter uses momentum and his own body weight to deal effective damage.

3. PreatorTengil

PreatorTengil New Member

Hello, iv'e been watching over you for 2-3 months now, and finally decided to join to what seems to be a very great forum for disscussion and debate. And by monitoring much of the information that has passed through here, I know that i Have made the right choise :thumbup:

Im on ACE here acutally, being a muay thai fighter myself i too also know the damaging aspects of momentum and swings. As when we use kicks, push kicks is used for pushing and keeping distance, and roundhouse kicks with the shin for crushing side-landing blows to the body (or the head or the legs ::)). Same with punching, you can never get the same power through a jab as with an uppercut or hook. The same goes for the zealot. You always get bigger power in swings, and also basing on the nature of the weapons they carry, I think It would cleave through armor and flesh alike. By that would mean severing many of the major internal organs, leaving only a bloody mess and in most cases instant death. Just look how all the marines get hacked in 2 in the first video (their upper torso almost makes a neat little flipp or sommersault before it lands :good:)

And on a sidenote: one of their new animations is actually also a stab, but a little different in appearence from the first game

The stalker looks good, the voice acting too, but the direction in it is a little missplaced though.. Everytime I hear it, it makes me resemble a ghost special chracter of some kind

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

the zealot attack in sc2 is better than zealot in sc1. sc1 zealots stabbing looks kinda funny just like in longlivefenix avatar. xp

the new swipe attack of the zealot is great... a little more fast and powerful sound will fix it 100%.

as for the model, they LOOK GREAT compared to the sc1 zealot. they actually look more of a zealot than in starcraft 1.

5. DaRk_TeMpLar

DaRk_TeMpLar New Member

OMFG theres nothing gracious on the current zealot animation, try it yourself- try to run like the SC1 zealots, and than try to run like the SC2 zealots, the running head on against hordes of enemies, full of rage with psi blades generated by the zealots fury channeled through their suit is much more frightening than the SC1 olympic speed walking, the walk doesn't have anything to do with SC lore, running is much more logical for furious 13 feet warriors with 2 3 feet blades. AND SC1 zealot behavior- are they so relaxed to simply walk up to their enemies and start boxing?

and the swing is also much better, more furious

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.