1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My photoshop in game Ghost > Blizzard's.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Jun 30, 2008.

My photoshop in game Ghost > Blizzard's.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Jun 30, 2008.

1. WuHT

WuHT New Member

agreed. This one is superior..as that mouth-grill reminds is unsightly and makes the ghost seem more brutish than stealthy.

2. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    I definitely like the physique of the original ghost model. Now if Blizzard could just apply the current skin to the old model (minus the ugly mouth grill) then I'd be satisfied.

3. aem1

aem1 New Member

Cali
    ^^in addition to the physique and mask of the original i also like the chest plate

4. DarkSonicDX

DarkSonicDX New Member

I dont like the Ghost with his backpack on.But i do like his cyborg type soldier around the battlefield.So il stick with the old 1.I just wish they remove the backpack.

5. EdwardLuke

EdwardLuke New Member

I'm not convinced ghosts should have any obvious armour (graphically) at all...

The whole point about ghosts is they're stealthy, and what assasin/spy person ever walks around with full body armour on?

They should be sleeker and less butch in my opinion...

Your photoshop version is definately better, but i'd like even more cutting down of bulkiness (although personally i do think he should have a backpack).

6. Triceron

Triceron New Member

Even Batman wears armor and he's a super-stealthy ninja, I don't see anything wrong with ghosts having body armor. It's protection, and theirs is tight-fitting that doesn't restrict movement.

They have cloaking but that's not to say they're invincible to stray bullets.

7. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  8. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i still dont like it, the ghost is supposed to be an improved human, thus it is the only terran unit that really needs the modern sleek look. first of all, it needs to get rid of the shoulderpad, the backpack needs to change to a beltpack(i mean, it takes pills instead of food), the vision goggles should be blue. the boots should be replaced with some slick pants.
    in other news, it needs Nova's armor on the cover of teh novel, but then with a sideback, or something like that(or maybe a shoulderbag, taht he poots down every time he halts)

9. capthavic

capthavic New Member

color doesn't matter when your invisible lol

Anyway of the three (original, updated, photoshop) I think the original one shown in the first demos is best. Even slimmed down with the backpack gone the suit and gun still looks too bulky for an assassin/commando. And the mask over the mouth is just ugly.

10. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Ghosts are not exactly permacloaked.

Starcraft is about easily recognizable and distinguished units though, so them wearing white is just good as it's basically the only unit with a white theme now that the Medic is gone.