1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Ideas on a Carrier/Tempest Overhaul

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BirdofPrey, Aug 27, 2007.

?

Which features do you like

1. General Purpose Fighters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Air to Air Interceptors

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Air to Ground Bombers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Kamikaze Scarabs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Point-Defense Cannons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Hardened Shield

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Warp Ray

100.0%

My Ideas on a Carrier/Tempest Overhaul

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BirdofPrey, Aug 27, 2007.

1. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    When was that?

2. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
  3. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I think that was before I got here. You never brought this up then

4. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    That could i honestly never noticed this thread or i never spent time in it because of my thread either way i dont really care they seem to have both had useful disscussion.

And if we wanted to restart this disscussion maybe we could ask one of the global mods to merge the threads.

5. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    That might be a good idea. Problem is I can't report my own post so you will have to push the button

6. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    After looking you are right about my thread being there before you joined but that makes me curious how in the hell do you have nearly 2000 posts?

7. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I reply to most of the threads here

8. NateSMZ

NateSMZ New Member

I'd like to see the Carriers have two fighter builds. Anti-air Interceptors and anti-ground Bombers. The Interceptors would be air only, the bombers ground only. Since the player already individually builds a Carriers fighter complement, then players could customize each ship however they wanted - whether for air superiority or ground assault or a mix.

Interceptors would function pretty much identically to the current model. Bombers would look similar but drop small pulse bombs directly beneath them.

I also support the 4+4+4 fighter concept. start with 4 fighters, and 2 upgrades to bring Carriers all the way to 12

9. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I like the double upgrade but It should folow a path of increasing prices and diminishing returns. The carrier will start with a capacity of 6 and the first upgrade will increase that by 4 to 8 and the second upgrade will cost more but only increase the capacity by 2 forcing the player to decide if it is really worth it

10. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

i think the carriers should only have two types of interceptors:the normal ones,and the kamikaze ones.what they really should do is give the carriers some form of close range defense.it should be able to take out treats like the Scourges,and should not have a big range,so that the interceptors would still be the main attack form of it.well,rephrasing myself(sometimes i have these changes of mind while typing),the kamikaze interceptors should be an upgrade,not a different interceptor.that way,it would be much more simple to manage the Carriers:all it would take to make the interceptors go suicidal is one buttom.

11. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I am not so sure about the interceptors pulling a kamakaze. Perhaps we could just have a mode that causes the interceptors to fly close to the carrier and intercept the sqourge with their cannons

12. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

Eh... this is making carrier>mothership and I'm not sure this should happen. I don't think a carrier fleet should be able to counter everything. Carriers in the original were weak enough against anit-air that goliath and scounts and defilers could destroy them without overwhelming numbers. If macro'd correctly an envoy of carriers would be impossible to destroy, this should never happen. Even an overwhelming number for tnks and battle cruisers or even mother ships can be destroyed somehow but with all these upgrades carriers are going near indestructible without extremely extremely high numbers of units.

Also, don't rename the carrier, use the tempest for something else that's faster and involves more spinning :p

13. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    You don't have to like them all. The whole idea was to trow out a large ammount of ideas and see what everyone likes and inspire more ideas.

I think at least a selection between 2 types of interceptors would add so much strategy already because you would have to choose similar to the BC

14. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    I personally liked the hardened sheild and the warpray upgrades the most. They would be a huge advantage in desperate times and well the Protoss are unforunatly in desperate times as are all the factions accept for the UED who are so massive its not even funny. The WarpRay was the one I voted for. It is an exreamly good idea and am surprised no one had thought of it before accept me ofcorse in my dreams but yea. Also the hardened sheilds are cool to. And this is to my friend SD. There is actually ONE thing that could destroy the massive fleet you were talking about and that is...... the black hole. Thus the very reason why I think the black hole should still be with the Mothership.

15. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    You can vote for as many options as you want. You aren't limited to just one

16. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i say just have AA only interceptors and AG only interceptors and make each one more powerful than the current interceptor damage wise.