1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving while burrowed

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by lurkers_lurk, Sep 21, 2007.

Moving while burrowed

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by lurkers_lurk, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    That's why they have detectors.

I like the idea of moving under creep, but it won't be that useful since most of the time you'll be on your own ground when on creep and unless you're trying to move a group of units under your attackers it won't see much use.

2. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    i agree being able to tunnel only under the creep would limit you to just attack other zerg or moving within ur own base unseen

3. ShasOkais

ShasOkais New Member

Canada
    well the idea that zerg can just burrow and pop out of the ground upon their prey is imba but they should at least have some sort of perk when they're on THEIR creep. This really adds to the trait of a true monster's territory making it a lot more harder to destroy

4. Gizmo4life

Gizmo4life Guest

I agree that if the zerg can just move anywhere when burrowed that they become way too powerful. but i think if its only on creep then its toned down quite a bit. besides with detectors you can attack burrowed units and they cannot attack back (when they arent lurkers), so its a risky move.

5. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    there should be some way to make units tunnel without making it overpowering
    I dont know how so ask me
    but limiting it to creep makes it almost useless
    while unlimited tunneling would make zerg god-like

6. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    Possible Solutions: Burrowing on creep will increase health regeneration. Units that attack from underground get a damage bonus on creep as well as the regeneration. And finnaly. Units burrowed on creep are undetectable by detectors as long as creep is present. Not too much, not too little.

7. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Undetectable? Thats OP, making it unable for the Terran player to push the Zerg (ahem, lurkers, ahem...)...
    And then Zerg players WOULD camp, and thats not the style...

8. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    True.... change that a bit to more say... Small Zerg Units can hide undetectable in Creep.... I.E. Zergling and Drone. And even if that is the problem the Terran can just bring in their air as well as Toss and boom boom would go the Zerg...

9. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I came up with an idea recently which might help balance the unit while keeping its ability to move underground.
    Since we have the storm as something devastating to units and harmless to buildings, I was thinking the Zerg could get something that could be devastating against buildings and harmless against units. It would move underground really slowly but would have a quite powerful melee attack against buildings (in lore: it destroys the foundations of the building - structural elements for Terran and Protoss and "roots" for Zerg). As with lurkers, it wouldn't have an attack when on the surface, but would move relatively quickly. It should look something like a molecricket:
    [img width=500 height=333]http://bugguide.net/images/cache/HLGZKL8Z5LVHUHFHUHDH7HVH5HEZ7HAHRLOHKLDHQL5Z0L6Z4LVZGLLR4LNZZL4Z0LGZMHOH4H6ZLLCHHL2ZGL6Z.jpg[/img]
    I haven't thought of a name yet, but it would need something like the lurker, something that reflects its role and also sounds zergish. Possible candidates are the poacher and the subversa.

10. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Monster termites from outer space! :D Seriously though, I think this is a pretty good idea. I can imagine players taking a bunch of these units and going all out on enemy expansions.

11. Gizmo4life

Gizmo4life Guest

i like the tunneling ability being limited to one unit, but i also think tunneling through creep is a more powerful ability as a race but not as powerful as say being able to warp in units anywhere within your power network (cough protoss cough)

12. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    i really like this idea and the name subversa
    also while that bug is the ugliest picture i've ever seen it would look great as a tunneling zerg unit

13. biglittlezergling

biglittlezergling New Member

moving while burrowed could be handy but it would be balanced out by detectors and then the opposing force would attack you before you unburrowed leaving you with a disadvantage... not fun

also if you could only burrow on creep it would be basically useless because
    most people don't attack bases without detectors
    and you couldn't do it against a zerg player because of so many overlords

14. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    it's not a disadvantage cause you can cloak your units
    it is the same with dark templar, they suck if the enemy has detectors, but work really well when someone is unprepared

15. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    DT dont suck if the enemy has detection, its just about using them right!
    If the enemy do not have ST, cannons etc. in all their bases, you will be able to drop some in the mineral line when you attack their main army :D!

16. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    You didn't just quote the post right before yours, did you?
    [img width=51 height=18]http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2742/aballernxq2.gif[/img]

17. God of War

God of War New Member

MOve while burrowd damn dats hot... it would make zerg almost unstopable hen swarmin..

I like:)

Longe live the swarm

18. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    @furrer: i didn't mean DT suck i just meant that they don't work as well if your opponent can see them. Your example involves DT dropping in behind an opponents defenses, where there might be only one or two detectors unlike the main defense which will have much more. This just proves my point that in a straight up fight DT aren't very good.

19. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Yes, but DT arent maked for straight up figting... you dont use a medic marine force against lurkers? Thats the same as using DT´s vs a main force with detection. When you say a unit is bad, then you must have to say it out from the situation you will use/loose the unit in.

20. jamaylott

jamaylott New Member

tunnelling for the zerg was talked about lots in late 2007, we figured it could work, so long as the zerg could attack from the burrowed position, but got a pre-emptive 0.5 second upperhand against 1-2 supply units when they un-burrowed and suprised the enemy.