1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOTHERSHIP @ StarCraft2.com

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by -LT-, Sep 6, 2007.

MOTHERSHIP @ StarCraft2.com

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by -LT-, Sep 6, 2007.

1. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    From what I remember the Tempest is no longer included in SC2.... gonna have to double check that...

EDIT: Yup, the Tempest isn't in SC2.

2. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Tempest never seemed like a good unit anyways. I don't think anyone's missing it.

3. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Why did it not seem like a good unit? It could take continued fire from ground batteries. What isn't good about that?

4. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    No shields against air attacks, it's health and shields are low, even though it's a mid-game unit. Most importantly, it lacks the "emotional attachment" we had with the Carrier.

Bow down before the Almighty CARRIER!!!

5. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Well those things could be changed besides how much emotional attachment did the Carrier have before you put the SC disc in your computer the first time.  Also was the no air shields thing ever verified or was it rumor because I remember everyone saying it had no air attack then we saw a picture of it attacking mutalisks.

I really liked the hardened shield and liked the variety brought about by its different aesthetics

6. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    How much emotional attachment did I have to the Carrier the first time I played the game? None. But this is a sequel, we already are familiar with the units, and therefore many of us have an emotional attachment to the carrier. Also the air shields part was verified. They had a very strong anti-ground shield, but a very weak anti-air shield. And they did have an air attack.

Edit: 666 posts... :p

7. hominiddd

hominiddd New Member

replacing the carrier with the tempest is just one option available of course. They could make a completely new unit. However, there can't be two Protoss capital ships. As their webpage stated, at this point the MS is the Protoss capital ship, therefore the carrier cannot stay in its current form which is another capital ship. This is the reason why I state that the Tempest will takes its place. Its no gurantee or anything but unless they make the MS something like nukes for terran..ie.. 10 psi and cost lots and lots I don't see anyway of getting around the carrier not being changed or replaced.

Regarding the Tempest, as I understand it, it has no special shield against air like it did ground, but there was no indication that it had no armor against air at all. Of course for getting it earlier, you have to sacrifice health/shield and some abilities. What do you think Blizzard is going to do? Just leave the carrier as is and move it to a lower slot. That would totally cause the game to be imbalance. Anyone who plays SC for a long time should know this.

As to the attachment issue, yes people will be attach to some units, but this is SC2 not SC1 in 3d. As players people should expect changes and some beloved units getting the AX, besides the the Tempest was so similar to Carrier in playing design that it should not have been an issue anyway. People are picking on minor and trivial details.

8. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    With it not being a super unit does the MS still cost 10 psi? That is too much for what it can do

9. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Hey lol, have you seen the Price of the Mothership, its so expensive lol, oh man i think i cannot afford it :(

10. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    The majority of people can't afford it last I checked noone had bought it. I think the price needs lowered

11. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Well if i ask you lol, how much you want to be in the Mothership Pet. ???

12. hominiddd

hominiddd New Member

I'm not sure about the psi issue now. When I last played, both Carriers and BC cost 6 psi and depot each. Since the MS is no longer super, I guess maybe 8 psi and a decrease in minerals/gas and a decrease in building time. If it cost 8 psi, it must have anti air in my opinion otherwise I will not build one and Protoss is my favorite race.

As to the pet...heck I can't even afford a zealot...how am I suppose to buy a MS....boo!!!