1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOTHERSHIP @ StarCraft2.com

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by -LT-, Sep 6, 2007.

MOTHERSHIP @ StarCraft2.com

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by -LT-, Sep 6, 2007.

1. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I think that that wouldn't be possible.

2. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

I dislike those units which use only one ability, even if they have others, and that we have to wait for minutes until their energy is full. It's useless to get abilities if we can't use them a lot of time.

I hope we'll be able to use the mothership's abilities more a lot of times

3. BoydofZINJ

BoydofZINJ New Member

It seems the mothership is a bit weakened. The Timebomb can be used on specific units or against units (probably an AOE). You can buy more than one Mothership. At first the mothership was the ultimate OMG unit. Now its just the ultimate omg unit (HA HA HA). I betcha its hard to purchase 1, let alone 2... and it still looks like it can kill

As for the time bomb nuke situation. I believe... and this is a total shot in the dark... that a timebomb would not effect a nuke unless you time bomb the CC where the nuke comes from. the Time bomb now seems to effect enemy fire from that area only. Unless the ghost is standing right next to the CC that launches the nuke who cares if the ghost is time bombed or not. The nuke is using the ghost as a spoter. The ghost is illuminating the nukes targetting system. Once the ghost has acquired the target, the nuke launches from the CC - and hits the target. If you time bomb the ghost during this procedure, the targetting lock on and illumination already happen. As a result, the nuke is going to land on the target (even if the ghost has not moved in time) because the target (area) is still illuminated for the nuke.

Its early in the morning, so I hope that made sense... ha

but essentially, a time bomb slows down time in that area as well. A Ghost that is already illuminating an area does not need to be "in synch" with let the nuke's computer find his or her illuminated area. I would imagine.

4. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

Good reflection to "time bomb" the nuclear missile. Of course the same reflection can be established in another way : I mean why couldn't the unit destroy the nuke when it is falling down. We see the nuclear missile falling, and so why can't the enemy attack this missile, while falling, to blow it up before this falls on the ground and blow up, killing everyone?

Same reflexion for the time bomb against the nuke. It will be launched from the CC (or the newest structure that builds it) and will reach the time bomb bubble without being sped down. Same thing when the nuke will fall inside a bubble. It will not be sped down.

But that was a good reflexion.

5. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Physical force is the best way to stop a nuclear attack. If you know where the ghost is but don't have detection, use planet cracker and wipe it over him.

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Yep that refraction sure is helpful for finding enemies

7. hominiddd

hominiddd New Member

And did anyone notice on the Blizzard webpage it say that the MS is now the capital ship of the Protoss? I'm wondering if Carriers are going to get the AXE!!?? Maybe a smaller harrasser would be good. Like the Tempest for example.

8. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    It doesn't matter. They kept Carriers in because of players' emotional connection to it. They sure as hell aren't going to ax it due to the MS.

9. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Well the MS in its old form was too powerfull to be massed in a fleet while the new one is too weak to be a capital ship.

10. hominiddd

hominiddd New Member

That's my point birdofprey. On the Blizzard webpage it explicitly say that the role of the MS is as a capital ship. And no it is not weak, it is just not a awesome as the original which we all kinda looked forward too. And actually I said this on another MS forum that if they were going to not make it a unique one per player unit, it should be the Protoss Capital ship and turn the Carrier back to the Tempest so that we can get it earlier in the game as a base harrasser. Go to the webpage and check it out for yourself. As of now the MS is the capital ship of the Protoss.

11. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Well guess what... we've said it a thousand times.... the Mothership in its current sucky state WILL overlap the Carrier.

Therefore it's actually pretty likely that the Carrier gets knocked off.

12. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    They also said the warp ray was a capital ship so I just pass it off as wishful thinking. I hope they don't drop the carrier. It is one of the few units that has a longer range than gta defenses.

With the MS abilities being so weak and the lack of an ata attack I can't see the MS even being sufficient to warrant replacement of the carrier. Give the MS ata attack and allow it to fire while using planet cracker then I can see that but not now. Besides the fanboys would never let the carrier or BC get dropped.

13. hominiddd

hominiddd New Member

The Warp Ray was never a legitimate replacement for the carrier as it was too weak both in terms of HP/Shields and in terms of its overall usefullness. One yamato could kill a warp ray but not a MS. And to be honest, Blizzard never had the intention of getting rid of the BC. It however, did attempt to get rid of the Carrier. In fact if you look at the MS and BC now they are kinda alike in terms of power with the MS probably slightly more powerful because it is Protoss. Look at the weaponry. BC has the new plasma discarge and MS has planet cracker. BCs can also have yamato while the other legitimate ability currently of the MS is Time bomb (and let's face it, the cloaking is just CRAP). And I believe that if they make the MS the capital ship, it will most likely have anti-air as the Blizzard website also hint at this. So carrier might be scrap in the process as Joneagle stated. And yeah you can say how lots of people love this or that unit, but for balancing and game play they will scrap the carrier if necessary. Just look at the Reaver. Lots of people love that unit and now its in the recycling bin replace by the Colossus. Besides I was all for the smaller and more accessible Tempest anyway. It is a carrier in everyway but the name.

14. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    When did they try getting rid of the carrier?

15. hominiddd

hominiddd New Member

Initially Carriers got the AX and the tempest was its replacement, but carriers were reinstated at Blizzcon. As you notice there have not been much news or much seen of the carrier. The official webpage has many protoss units already and carriers are not there. My suspicion is that the carrier is still either being revamp or is really getting the AX this time if the MS stays similar to its current form.

16. DontHate

DontHate New Member

axing the carrier twice would just be dumb too. if they made it so the mothership is only 1 then there would be no reason to consider axing the carrier.

17. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

Why would Blizzard replace the carrier by the tempest. They are both the same unit. Why is the tempest blue ? It has not the "official" yellow color of the Protoss units. Does that hide something according to you ?

According to me the tempest IS NOT A PROTOSS UNIT .

18. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Exactly....

12 Carriers, 5 Warp Rays, under one Mothership.... indivisible, with justice for all...

Whoops... bled over a little bit there.

The mothership needs to be a super unit or gone completely. It's current state makes me mad at Blizzard.

19. hominiddd

hominiddd New Member

The Carrier will be replace by the tempest if the MS stays as it is. Meaning that they overlap in which case one will be use because one is bound to be better than the other. As it is right now if the MS gets anti-air it will most likely be better than the carrier by the simple fact that it will probably have more life and/or shield and it is also a caster. If Blizzard sticks with the MS as the capital ship the way it is then the carrier might have to be either AX or modified. The Tempest is nothing more than a smaller version of the carrier. It has less life/shield but its abilities are the SAME. So yes the Tempest IS a protoss unit. How could something that is almost exactly a carbon copy of the Carrier NOT a Protoss unit??!! The sole reason to have a Tempest is that you might get them earlier in the tech tree and they cost less meaning you get to use them earlier. In which case it will be "better" than the Carrier from SC1. However, if the MS is more unique then the Carrier can stay the way it is.

20. DontHate

DontHate New Member

erm... the tempest is blue becuase it's a dark templar unit. the normal templars have the golden armor hull thing. the gold also looks cooler imo.