1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOTHERSHIP @ StarCraft2.com

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by -LT-, Sep 6, 2007.

MOTHERSHIP @ StarCraft2.com

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by -LT-, Sep 6, 2007.

1. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

gameplay wise it would be cool to have it capped at 1 per player. But fluffwise I prefer blizzards present stuff, it doesnt make any sense at all that the protoss are creating super duper weapons and ships with the majority of their civilization and manufacturing capacity destroyed.

2. slugonice

slugonice New Member

whoah! it doesnt seem as POWERFUL as the demos showed but atleast we have The new and Improved Arbiter now

3. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    I am very much liking the newly revealved Mothership so far.

Other than some small balance changes/testing it might need it looks like a pretty good unit how it is.

I do agree, though that Mothership makes it seem like it should have more of a commanding and utterly powerful presence but if you think about it, just the concept of such a powerful unit for regular use for protoss would make it unfair to the other races.

They could easily solve this by simply renaming the unit though, to what I dunno, since we already got the carrier.

4. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

The MS is, as someone said in the forum, a rare and precious huge unit. That's why there should just be ONE per player.

About the Black Hole (my favorite weapon :thumbup:), I would say that this power is too important right now. So Blizzard should diminish the number of "aspirated" enemies. You know, like for the Arbiter's recall ! Remember : Even if you get 10 units at the same place the recall didn't teleport them all. So I suggest to Blizzard to do the same with the black hole ability.

5. Anthem

Anthem Guest

MS can not fight air force now, I don't like it.

6. Outcaster

Outcaster New Member

The MS should be like this- only 1 buildable at a time
    -have black hole abiltity but nerfed a bit
    -have time bomb ability , that can be deployed anywhere
    -and the old planet cracker animation shown at WWI
    -and also shoot air, becuz it's a ship,and not only that,it's the mother of ships

7. dragusinb

dragusinb New Member

First of all i am really disappointed:(

The planet cracker will be sooo hard to use. Look at those scv's... it's so hard to hit them... If those were marines, moving around down there, it would have been impossible for the MS to kill them... Also i don't understand what is the normal damage of the MS because i see 2-3 blue rays hitting an SCV until it pops. From my point of view this isn't the great MS of the Protoss... This is just an oversized Arbiter:( Sincerely at how big the arbiter got it doesn't know to do that much:(

The planet cracker from the first movie was awesome... You would just launched it and you were sure you were doing damage... Now you launch the planet cracker and you must carefully move the MS over the targets you want to destroy... Think what happens when you have a greater army and you use the MS for support... What to do first? Control your units or only the MS so that it's "Ion Cannon" or what it's his name does the effective damage...

The role of the MS should be to support your big size army (you will build the MS probably at an late stage of the game when you already have a big numerous army).In the presentation i don't see it like that...In the presentation I see the MS as a base raider or as a cannon defender... And it doesn't do that very well either:( If the base from the short presentation was more heavily guarded or the attack on those cannons was more serious i bet the MS would have been for nothing:(...

8. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

I ask you now the question I asked to Zeratul11 :

Do you believe the Big blue ray that hit the terran vessel of the first cinematic of Starcraft came from a MS ?

Remember the first cinematic of SC, when we see terrans rebuilding, in the space, a parabole with the pieces of a floating wreck. And after a huge blue ray destroyed their vessel?

What do you think about that ?

I do hope that the MS will be super - mega - hyper - ultra unit !! 8)

9. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I gave up on the 'one and only' concept after the official release of the Mothership at the site, and I'd also agree with a little tweaking to make itt less worth it but why not just increase the cost? And why call it Mothership and have a maximum number allowed (which makes it very unique) and CRIPPLE it against air? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. It's like making the marine ground-only when he could just point his gun upwards.

10. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

I play with protoss but im not gonna use that unit. I was wandering tho, how do protoss kill a mothership? phoenixes are too weak, carriers to slow. Immortals have a short range and can be planet cracked because they need to be close to it to attack. Stalkers are weak too. What does the protoss player have left? You know, terran has vikings and phoenixes, not to mention yamato cannon.

11. b0urne

b0urne New Member

sorry, where did it say the MS has no air-to-air capabilities?

ok i'll admit i miss the old planet cracker, but overall i still like the new and improved MS.

12. kuvasz

Hungary
    I couldn't post you official information on that but I'm positive that the current form of the Mothership cannot attack air. Maybe it was in a video or something.

And to people who complain about the Planet Cracker: The visuals are very subjective so I won't go into that but the way I see it, this ability is not intended to be used on units. It takes quite some time to kill an SCV with it but did you all miss how fast the Command Centre lit up?

13. Snubble

Snubble New Member

The Warp Ray is the Protoss unit designed to take out capital ships, and Immortals no longer have an air attack apparently. Its also important to note, that while the Stalker doesnt have that much total hp/shield, they actually do double damage against Armored opponents and have a range value of 7 I believe so they don't need to get planet cracked.

14. hominiddd

hominiddd New Member

Also I didn't post this earlier but the cloaking for the MS is totally useless. I mean think about it. What player would not have detection by the time a protoss player have a MS??!!! That's the end of the tech tree. By that time observers, the new science vessel, and fast overlords will be flying all over the place. And all the MS does is shit on her fat ass to cloak a few buildings and cannons....hahaha....I mean honestly.....total waste of 10 psi space.

15. kuvasz

Hungary
    "all the MS does is shit on her fat ass to cloak a few buildings..." ROFL
    But don't forget the Arbiter was pretty much the same with it being a unit high up on the tech tree. Except it could move while cloaking... and it was cheaper... and the cloaking was a passive ability... ok so the Mothership's cloaking field is useless ;D

16. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Wait isn't its only allowed 1 mothership at a time in a Protoss, why there are 2 mothership in the Preview ???

17. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    They changed it. It is no longer a super unit. They nerfed it but now allow more than one

18. Protosscommander

Sure. oh so you can warp a Mothership more than 1 now well nicely done, uhmm where did you knew that info ???

19. kuvasz

Hungary
    Commander, you need to post less and read more :p

20. Protosscommander

Okey im a busy person thats why i dont have time to read, well its forum you can ask, i learned and get more info :)
    peace ;D :thumbup: