1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mothership Recall

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Seradin, Sep 23, 2007.

Mothership Recall

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Seradin, Sep 23, 2007.

1. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

the mothership should be thought as a glorified arbiter, the arbiter had very powerful abilities but a weak attack, the mothership should have even more powerful abilities and a useful but not overwhelming attack

2. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

/\ you see, I would advocate for that position except that there is the possible unit of the star relic/ stasis orb which I feel more neatly fulfills the same position of the arbiter. If the protoss end up not getting it all, then sure I'd be fine with that analogy, but I personally think that the mothership is a little more. I feel that it's more sort of a support capital ship.

In a one on one battle between the mothership and a carrier or battle cruiser, I think the mothership will come out on top even if just by being able to take more damage. The arbiter might be able to stasis a capital ship, but it certainly could never compete with one. It's not a bad idea to compare them, but it doesn't completely fit.

3. JDMFanatic

JDMFanatic New Member

of course the Mothership would win, couldn't it just use the black hole thing and kill it right away?

4. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

black hole has been axed

i think you can warp in motherships as well, they were saying that they atleast were going to combine it with robotics facility

5. -LT-

-LT- New Member

There is no black hole anymore :no:

6. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

star relic has been scrapped, stasis orb is no where close to an arbiter, it's a ground units without any spells.

mothership should only beat carrier if it's an unique unit, if it's mass producible (which i don't like) than it should be much weaker than carrier without using spells.

7. string_me_along

/\ @ BnechbReaker. I thought that the star relic and stasis orb were essentially the same unit. When did blizzard say that the stasis orb didn't have any spells?

Also the mothership is extremely expensive which makes them harder to mass produce than the carrier.

8. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

I am pretty sure that the warp in is one of the many great things we will be able to do with StarCraft II's SCUMEdit. Good map scripting fun!

Back to topic, I believe Recall with the mothership would be overpowered for several good reasons:

• 1. The Mothership looks like it's going to be one tough mother... LoL!
    • 2. If it's one tough mother... It will be almost impossible to stop that Protoss Rush and Recall Strategy unless the lockdown ability was reinstated.
    • 3. Refer to number 2.
    • 4. There is no 4!
    • 5. With those other abilities... The mothership might as well be an ultimate unit again.

Great idea though! The mothership could be used as some sort of transport, if you really think about, it would make sense.

9. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Well that's what I'm saying all along. :good:
    Ultimate unit again.... Hehehehe

10. string_me_along

The zerg don't have lockdown, but I can guarantee that they will have some way of countering the mothership. And while the mothership is powerful, it is much more powerful in a support rather than attack role (i.e. timebomb, stealth). I don't think lockdown is needed. The terrans have a lot of anti air units (c'mon their basic unit, the marine, shoots air.) so I don't think they need to scare themselves into thinking they need lockdown back.

11. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

It would be cool if you could have an ability were you link your MS to 5 units and then it could warp them in using an ability it could use this if it ever got ambushed with out air support. just warp in some carriers that hadn't finished building intersepters yet and your set.