1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medivac Dropship?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by 10-Neon, Mar 11, 2008.

?

Medic or Medivac Dropship?

1. Bring back the Medic

66.7%
  2. Keep the Medivac Dropship

33.3%

Medivac Dropship?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by 10-Neon, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Laz

Laz New Member

Im accually glad that the medics gone. I was sick of them. The medivac will change the game for the better.

2. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    No, because the Medivac was tried out to make Reapers more useful. But according to Jon it just makes Reapers LESS useful, so the Medivac will probably be scrapped.

3. Zurgery

Zurgery New Member

Reapers never struck me as a unit I would use with medics either way. They have always been in my eyes more of a "Here we go, tell my mom I loved her." kinda unit.

4. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I think the Reaper might be a bit underused even without the Medivac...
    The problem is that they are too flimsy and too late tier. You can actually tech to regular Dropships as fast as you tech to Reapers.
    I think they should make the Barracks the Merc Haven's prerequisite, instead of Factory.
    That way you can choose between Teching up to Tanks and watnot or go for a fast but risky raid-strat.

5. Zurgery

Zurgery New Member

I think that is a great idea. :good:

I always presumed the reapers came early, puts all the arguing into a better context for me that they don't. I have not reaserched very much with units and tiers in SC2 yet since it changes every week atm.

6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Holy! I missed it the first time a looked!

http://www.starcraft2forum.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=47&topic=6559.0

According to Jon, the Barracks IS the prerequisite for the Merc Haven! I am a happy man now.
    I can't see how the Reaper can be so useless in the current build.
    They are Tier 1.5, just like Stalkers. But, Reapers don't have to upgrade their jetpacks. Stalkers have to upgrade Blink. And, Blink is on a cooldown.

7. Zurgery

Zurgery New Member

That is the main problem I think right now with debating SC2 units and that is keeping whole communities up to date with "latest build". At the same time it is important considering Blizzard listens to its community's feedback.

On the topic of reaper I think that is great news. It will really put a twist to what you will see in early game, and really branching out the amount of various strategies.

8. LxMike

LxMike New Member

me too I want the medic back, because the dropship is made in the starport , and I don't know if Terran can hold till there without te medic against the zerg.

9. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    Cheers, I had the same thought. Medics are so basic and are so necessary at the BEGINNING of the game.
    Then again Terran survived without Medics once upon a time...

10. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

I say scrap the medivac

Keep the medic.

Why? You have the medivac in order to keep the Reapers useful and have a medic that will keep up with them. BUT, why not just have the medivac carry marines instead? They would cost less and you'll be moving the medivac around to the same places anyway. It just makes the Reapers even more redundant. So I say keep the medic; she's iconic, she's useful, and she moves at the right (for marine support) speed.

As for the Reapers: up their HP so they can shrug off more hits and be able to make it back to a medic. And possibly make their stim pack give a little (or a lot) more bang for your buck. It fits lorewise as they are hyped up on drugs and also would give an incentive to use the stim pack if there's not going to be a medic around.

11. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Is it possible for a poll to be added to this thread? I mean, the thread name is a question already, so it seems like a logical thread to include a poll in. I'd like to know how many people actually support having the Medivac Dropship over the Medic and vice versa. So far, I haven't seen many, if any, support for the Medivac Dropship which leads me to believe that people who do like it aren't posting, which a poll will fix, or that everyone hates it, in which case Blizzard will almost definitely reintroduce the Medic.

12. LxMike

LxMike New Member

I'm proposing something new, maybe giving healing ability to the jackel

13. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    Um, why? It's supposed to be a line of fire AoE attack unit. It seems like your suggesting that idea just for the sake of it.

I'm all for reintroducing Medics. The Medivac Dropship makes perfect sense lorewise (someone brought up how it's like a rescue chopper), but it just doesn't fit in my opinion. Since it comes at a much later tier than all of the units from the Barracks, the only thing I can imagine using it for is healing infantry units that make up your base defense, and if those units aren't in a bunker, then that probably means your front door has just been kicked down by the enemy, and your not going to have time to heal those units while defending what's left of your base.

14. Laz

Laz New Member

I was thinking about that and its true. When your that far in the game most players use mechanical units anyway. I dont want the same medic back but i do think they should add something that has more...umm accessibility (the only word that came to mind) earlier in the game.

15. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Look at Terran vs Zerg, what should the Terran player do without medics? You statement about:
    Is nothing worth because of this:
    -Terran vs Zerg early game = death for Terran if he isnt going mass MM (some maps can be used foe mech, but MM is better).
    -Terran vs Zerg lategame = death for Terran without MM, he will still use tanks and SV´s, but without MM he is dead.

16. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

Just remember now the the medivac is mechanical you need an SCV to repair it(I bet for balance issues). I don't like that they rolled the two support units into one. I would like to see the animation for the heal too because all that appears in my head is the image of lame.

17. LxMike

LxMike New Member

well, because the medicdropship is too far in the tech tree , but the jackel can be product way earier and only marin and jackel seen a bit weak to defend against the zerg rush in early game (before you get enough gas to mass tanks)

18. notjim

notjim New Member

yea when i read medivac dropship i had to say fuck no. marines and medics are the terran army

19. Juggernaught131

Juggernaught131 New Member

America
    i absolutely do not like the idea of a medivac dropship. It creates an extremely mobile drop units, that can heal the units early in the game. My thoughts are to remove the dropship, but dont go back to the walking medic. WHat they could do to keep the balance and lore in tat is to put a medic on a vehicle such as a vulture or even a quad to keep up with units like the reapers. otherwise, the reapers dont get a medic at all.
    [img width=500 height=375]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/515/socanihasplaystarcurftnxr8.jpg[/img]