Medivac Dropship?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by 10-Neon, Mar 11, 2008.

?

Medic or Medivac Dropship?

1. Bring back the Medic

66.7%
  2. Keep the Medivac Dropship

33.3%

Medivac Dropship?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by 10-Neon, Mar 11, 2008.

1. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Claok might be a little over the top.

But i was thinking, what if infantry inside the dropship doesnt die while the dropship is shot down but rather make it to the ground in some shape or form, parachute or escape pod?

It could be like a limited amount of the units inside or a 50/50 chance for any of them to survive.

2. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I'm mentioned a few percentage chance mechanics a while a go, but not many people seemed to like them. They said that a player should always have control of what it going on and the outcome of the games shouldn't be changed just because one player was lucky or unlucky.

3. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Exactly. No luck elements allowed. It's not a card game. :D

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    There's already a dice-based StarCraft board game. Why not make it a card game? :p

5. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The Starcraft board game is both dice-based and card-based.

And... why not make it a more strategic board game? :p
    (like chess. No dice etc.)

6. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

So either all infanrty makes it to the ground or only 50% of them, if you have 8 marines in the dropship only 4 will hit the ground

7. Blackskies

Blackskies New Member

Ugh terrans seem to get weaker with every new unit. I mean how will terrans face off against roaches before i just imagined having marines and medics run circles around them stimmed up the ass but.... now? what do we do now? The dropship will get murdered by base defenses long before it even touches a marine so..... BRING BACK THE MEDIC besides the terrans need their playboy bunny, or its just one big sausage fest.

8. Overling

Overling New Member

Yeah, a cloaked transport would be too similar to the Nydus Worm. And Nydus Worm has to stay.

I say they should leave it at healing inside and that's it. No overlapping with the Medics. They even have the Nomad to repair the transport now, so why bothering about putting injured units inside the transport? It's completely safe... until a Corruptor corrupts it full of units inside! :-X

9. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Keep medics, they were a perfect match for the horny criminals in outer space.

I dont see any reason why they should move them, and honestly im expecting them next week.

As for the dropship, it does need some special option, i'll leave it at blizzard to figure out what, but i can live with a turbo charge on the dropship;)

10. Blackskies

Blackskies New Member

oooo what if u have the ability to give the pilot some jack danials and let him fly into shit.

11. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    OK guys, I think that's enough joking about the Medics.
    The reason that the Terran are getting weaker and weaker would be that they started off being over-powered. Besides, a few Siege Tanks should be fairly effective against Roaches. They've got extremely potent damage but a long delay, so having a few would tear them to shreds. Yamato and Plasma Torpedoes should also be pretty effective. Same with Banshees. I don't see why you think they're useless against Roaches now. They're got plenty to counter them.

12. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

I had an amazing idea! the medivac dropship should be added along with the normal dropship except it only carries men and it regenerates units energy that are inside the ship(to help ghost and medics). also they should bring back the medic. also they should have it where only units inside the medivac dropship can be healed by it. they could either make it a personal upgrade from the normal dropship(like overlords or BC) or make it a hole different unit at the starport.

13. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Bah, I liked the medic. Nothing more Starcraft than the sound of her death :)

Should make it so you could upgrade the dropship into a medivac dropship+a medic in it(probably been playing too much WiC). It seems like a commodity anyways, atleast compared to a medic, and then a medivac dropship.

14. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Keep medics. Much more mobile than a stupid dropship and wont get pwned by base defenses. if they want to make the dropship more useful, they should give it a different skill like, make it a detector or something (although I think terrans already have a detector).

15. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    How is the medic more mobile than a dropship? They axed the medic because it wasn't mobile enough to keep up with reapers. And Terrans do have a detector, the Nomad.

16. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

ok maybe not mobile, wrong choice of wording. I actually can't put what I'm thinking into words right now, haha. But I still stand on the idea of being destroyed by base defenses.

17. leealvin1984

leealvin1984 New Member

MEDICS for me. The idea of the medivac dropship is cool. no doubt about that. But of course, terrans rely on medics early in the game for their offensive. So I guess this new healing unit will only slow down the terrans. I doubt that the Medivac dropships can be constructed by barracks. Its an air unit. And its way too powerful to have a dropship that early in the game. But its also unnecessary to have a healing unit in mid-late game. As for the new developments, does this mean we still have to wait for a starport before we start rolling out?

also, the other guys do have a very point. before, with medics, if you have a group of marines with a couple of medics, even if your opponent plans to kill your medics first, your medics have the ability to heal each other for they are also biological. Now, with the M dropships, they can only heal the marines, they wont be able to heal each other. You need to bring along at least 1 scv for repairs or bring along a nomad. And speaking of base defense such as spore colonies and missile turrets will be a problem as well

18. DontHate

DontHate New Member

I really want the medic to come back. The medivac sounds very silly and stupid. The medic's flare was a pretty neat ability and it got cut.
    However, i'm sure the medivac dropship will not last long. I don't even fully know how it can heal from the air.

19. Tankman131

Tankman131 Guest

Maybe it can drop temporary medics that go down... heal the unit... they quickline back into the dropship like a coast gaurd helicopter... that is the only possiblility i can think of ??? ???

20. Light

Light Guest

I definitely want the medic to return. The battlefield healing, recovery, optical flare skills are invaluable. I'm sure to say this because I'm currently playing Original :p

Even though Medivac might be interesting, it wont be as effective as medic.