Medivac Dropship IN ACTION!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Chax424, Oct 18, 2008.

Medivac Dropship IN ACTION!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Chax424, Oct 18, 2008.

1. aem1

aem1 New Member

Cali
    probably a modified targeting drone withought the active camo and a cross on it:)

2. cucci338

cucci338 Guest

Yeah I think the drones would be a better idea than that stupid beam. Maybe have it work like the Protoss Carrier. You have to buy healing drones and the more you have the faster you can heal (I don't know what a good limit on the amount you could have, would depend on the amount of healing done by each), but naturally they could be destroyed.

3. demohunto

demohunto New Member

Nevada
    It is a pretty good idea, but it should be cheaper because they could be killed easier.

4. SwimSwam

SwimSwam New Member

San Cristobal - Venezuela
    i hope terran get a girl though, i would love ghosts being girls, it gives it a nice touch

5. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    You say that as if they didn't already have any girls SwimSwam? Medivacs and Banshees are piloted by girls as far as I know.

6. Dragon God

Dragon God New Member

Vancouver
    I think that the medivac should act kinda like a healing carrier,
    buy the drone/intercepter and the drones would like fly around healing 8 marines or stuff.
    For me the beam is OK but i like drones more than beam.
    the problem with the drones is that they would get blown out of the air.
    Heh, what would happen if those drones could attack someone >:)

7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    ...It would become a Carrier?
    Having to buy Drones all the time might get annoying. Medics healed for energy, and I think it should stay the same with the medivac.

8. Capn_Crunch25

Capn_Crunch25 New Member

Illinois, USA
    it really depends how fast it heals units.. cause it might end up being a hassle to protect...

9. Dragon God

Dragon God New Member

Vancouver
    but hey, remember the carrier? only hydra lisks and marines could take them out because missles are too fast.
    but they would also focus on the medivac which would take more micro to keep it safe

10. wodan46

wodan46 New Member

You know what would be a lot simpler and more logical? If the Medivac healed infantry units that were inside it. As it is, it can heal units outside, but not inside, which makes no ****ing sense whatsoever.

However, as it stands, the Medivac is a beast. For 100 Minerals and Gas, the exact same cost as the old Dropship, you get the same 140 HP transport, except that it now has the ability to heal an infantry unit for 30 HP a second at a range of 4.

11. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    Blizzard said they wont be switching to the healing inside dropship option, they debated the idea, and it was shot down quite quickly apparently.

12. Boringbub

Boringbub New Member

I think the whole beam thing is wierd....i think i would be better if it landed in like the middle of all the infantry and within a certain radius would auto heal. Thats all i can think of. other than that i don't really like the medivac idea because then toss players are gonna complain our dropships heal and thier shuttles just fly units around. does toss even have a shuttle? or is it the phase prism or something? I'm still kinda trying to keep the new units hidden until the game comes out. :)

13. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    yes, the Protoss Shuttle got replaced with the Warp Prism, which can enter a different mode to give pylon power allowing buildings to run again if they lost pylon power, it also allows the warp-in of Zealots, Stalkers, Immortals, High Templar, Dark Templar and Nullifiers.

14. wodan46

wodan46 New Member

In regards to Dropships, Terrans get one that can heal, Protoss get one that can safely call in units produced at Warpgates in addition to the ones it actually carries, and the Zerg one grants supply and can secrete creep, which is useful for establishing forward bases. Granted, at the rate they keep changing it the Overlord/seer will probably be a circus clown next week.

15. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i thought HT and DT got their own production building now, so i dont think they can warp-in

16. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    no, they are still produced from the Gateway. the only thing changed is the building they require are different.

17. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

could be, i havent checked in a while, but last time i did(long long time ago) they came from templar archives

18. VastShadowz41

VastShadowz41 New Member

I agree with this. Healing drones that could operate like a Protoss Carrier except heal and not attack would be great. They would just be weaker and easier to down than the actual Toss carrier.

19. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    You do realize you are talking about a science fiction video game don't you? I find it amusing to talk about realism in a game like Starcraft 2. But I guess a terran ghost with crazy psonic abilities where they can run through walls, read minds, have super speed, cloak is just fine but a little beam coming out of a spaceship is totally unrealistic and stupid. Sorry I just had to comment on that statement.

20. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Seriously plus it could be a number of "advanced" technology's that we have no idea about no sense of talking about something little like this when its dealing with a unrealistic game. :wacko: