1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medics

Discussion in 'Terran' started by 10-Neon, Jun 7, 2007.

Medics

Discussion in 'Terran' started by 10-Neon, Jun 7, 2007.

1. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Yeah I noticed it to, instead of healing having a range one like in sc1 it seems to have a 3 or 4...

And also did anyone notice how much hp medics must have now? The new tank does atleast 70 damage right? Well it took 2 direct shots from the tank plus any splash damage that might have come from killing the marines to take down that medic.... of course it might be being balanced or something but a medic with over 70 hp...

Or I could be missing something obvious which I do alot so feel free to point it out if I missed or forgot something

2. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Yes, you did, siege tanks only do 100% to large/ armored units, medics are biological, small, and light. Siege tanks do 50% damage to medics, which is 35 damage, which is just enough to kill a zergling in one hit.
    The medic should be able to walk through marines while healing, like SCVs when they mine or something. And does anyone know if there is anything new with medics?

3. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

Medics had more health than Marines in the original, no? Hence nothing new there with the two hits. Although it did not look like the Marines had the shield upgrade and I would guess that afterwards it would take two shots to kill them as well.

On another Medic note, they really need to change the healing sound. I don't like how it is in the video at all.

4. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Medics might have a different armour type compared to Marines, which I think is the case. And if that's true, then we're talking about damage increase nearing or exceding 100% (against Marines) if I'm not mistaken. At least that's what I saw in the pic of a Missile Turret which had damages of 5/10/15 for each armour type.

I really don't like the range of the heal ability. Medics are overpowered enough in SC1 with their ridiculously fast rate of healing and this range increase would also make them overpowered. Medics should be almost useless in battle (except for their flare or other abilities).

am I slow or what

5. Indigent

Indigent New Member

6. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

Wow that was awesome, it is videos like those that make me want to switch from zerg to terran.

If those were real life battles, it would have been a good day to be a terran . . .

For the dominion! For humanity! FOR FREEDOM!! :upset:

But I don't believe the medics have changed much compared to the original, in terms of stats not abilities, I believe the new siege tanks are just stronger.

7. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Medics could also be affected by the HP upgrade. The medic only took a direct hit once the rest was splash damage so It looks fine. Also the medic's increased range isfine. We don't even know if it still has the same healing rate but even with medics Marines tend to get slaughtered anyway. With the Terrans lacking anything good in themid range tech level I think it will be nice for the low level grunts to actuall survive. No one ever said basic troops had to be obolete after a few minutes.

I do agree though that healing sound has to go

8. Indigent

Indigent New Member

So... Nobody like it, it doesn't even contribute to how it heals. Why do we have to keep it? Are you reading this Bliz team? We don't like the medic noise.

9. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    After rewatching the video I don't think the medic took any splash damage just 2 direct hits. Also the last time I saw the stats on the siege tanks damage in siege mode it was 50 +50 to armored so assuming marines and medics arnt armored medics probably have about 15-20 more hp than marines without the shield upgrade. Also assuming the above damage number are true a marine should be able to take a direct hit from a siege when the marine has the shield upgrade and still live.

10. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Well, they made the marine weaker, or they made the siege tank stronger. Seeing as the medic still takes two hits to die, they made the marine weaker. The marine in Clasic Starcraft could take two hits before dying. Now, the marine dies in one hit. The siege tank only did 35 damage to small, 53 to medium, and 70 damage to large. So marines now have 35 health? Either that or the siege tank is fully upgraded and can kill a marine in one hit. Before, the 100% damage could be taken by multiple units within a close area. Now, the siege tank only does 100% damage to the dirrect unit only. Two zerglings standing next to each other will die in one hit if you put them next to eachother.

11. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    [me=LordKerwyn]points indignent to the last known siege tank siege mode damage numbers of 50 +50 to Armored.....[/me]

12. Indigent

Indigent New Member

But it says so on the website itself. :(
    Red is a scary color.

13. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The Siege Tank does 50 damage against Marines, Medics.
    the old Medic had 60 hp, so lets assume it still has that. after the first shot, it would have 10 hp left. Then it would die.
    And if the shield affects it too, it had 75 hp.

Yes Kerwyn, getting the shield will make Marines take two shots instead. But remember that the old Siege Tank got +5 damage per weapon upgrade, so we can expect it to be atleast 5, and I think it's 7.
    55 - 55 or 57 = dead Marine, so it's easy for the Siege Tank player to counter the shield.

14. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I don't like the medics healing sound effect. At first I thought it was the sound effect for the tank reloading its cannon. It wasn't until I watched it for the third time that I realized that it was the medic. lol

15. Indigent

Indigent New Member

The first I heard of this was when some people were complaining about the sound when they let out the first video with the medic in it.

16. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    It is rather harsh compared to the SC1 sound, and the animation is practically invisible. It doesn't seem to have changed from BlizzCon, where it was just as lame.

17. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Thats because they hang around firebats ;)

I think the medic will have better armor so they will survive for longer out on the battlefield to heal friendly units and more able to use their special abilities. I dont think the medic will change much in gameplay wise because the medic in the original starcraft done heaps of cool stuff apart from heal so I dont think there will be much differnce apart from looks and hopefully enhanced armor.

18. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Bow Chicka Wow Wow!

19. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    It's Bow Chicka Bow Wow ;)

20. Zacron

Zacron New Member

I think Medic should stop having Heal cos the idea of them "healing armours" is weird.