1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medics

Discussion in 'Terran' started by 10-Neon, Jun 7, 2007.

Medics

Discussion in 'Terran' started by 10-Neon, Jun 7, 2007.

1. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    They were fine without them before Broodwar came out but yea medics have almost become a staple for marines/firebats in Broodwar but they don't soley rely on them. I'm just saying the medic may or may not come back and that we shouldn't jump to conclusions yet.

2. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Siege tanks have bigger blast radius and marines will not be as useful as they were in Starcraft BW and meducs will not be able to heal dead marines... That would be neat.

3. Broken_Heart

Broken_Heart Member

Well, lets hope that medics are coming back, and Soul Hunters wont. I think the medics are a little bit ugly right now, and their shield is just... Hope Blizzard will fix it, but it doesn't really matter me anyway, because I'm not Terran player.

4. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    I think they just threw in the medics so they could play around with the idea of bringing them back, that is probably why they don't look completely polished.

Just as they used the unit voices from the first starcraaft to take place of the ones they havn't finished yet for Starcraft 2. Example: they dont have a voice for the marine yet so they used the one from SC1.

5. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

ya!! probably but all i can say is medics are awesome and they are very useful..

6. StarCraft144000

StarCraft144000 Member

Can they still heal SCVs in SC2?

7. Protosscommander

i think they cannot heal scv's because they are made in metal or in short A ROBOTIC,, marines can be?

8. MobileInfantry

MobileInfantry New Member

Since there considered "Fleshy" and "Mechanical" it seems they can be healed and repaired like the old SCV in StarCraft original. Unless they consider to change it to be only "Mechanical."

9. Protosscommander

May be or maybe not im not sure about this lol...

10. StarCraft144000

StarCraft144000 Member

Well it is Mechanical but it was very useful anyway like you can heal them can be great for a SCV rush instead of repairing them over and over you can just have medics help. ;D

11. Protosscommander

Yap ur right but i hope the will add more abilities for the medics in order to be more fun and more strategic in the game is'nt well are those medics can heal protoss zealots in starcraft 2 what du u think lol..???

12. StarCraft144000

StarCraft144000 Member

The Protoss used to have that stealing ablity with that Dark Archon but it got removed though.

13. Protosscommander

But lol isn';nt in starcraft 1 onnce you had mind control those terrance scv' and u can able to produced medic n medics can able to heal your units like protoss,, is it correct,, forgive me if i mistake.

14. StarCraft144000

StarCraft144000 Member

I think Medics could heal Probes to and Probes are Mechanial.

15. Protosscommander

wait lol they cannot heal probes,,, i think well ur right probes are also mechanical well much better if they can heal mechanical... much much better is'nt,,, well i just want o ask to you when you are playing the starcraft 1 is it recommended to put the cd of starcraft in to your pc in order to play,,, what ??? uhmmm pls resp.....

16. L0ck and L04d

L0ck and L04d New Member

I always use the CD, just the other day I was playing zerg in a skirmish againts 2 terran A.I., I disided to go for the tech tree for a defference nad withing a few minuts of starting I had 4 fire bats,4 medics and 16 marines attacking me from the back door wich was the only place I hadent deffended yet. :(

17. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

I just hope they make them alittle less buff. M&M really hauls ass, and medic walling can be disgusting.

I hear they're getting a flare which can be used to reveal areas. As for restoration, yes, it is alittle micro intensive, but crucial for dealing with lockdown, parasites, etc.

18. StarCraft144000

StarCraft144000 Member

Yeah the Flare can be great to see if the emeny is on a wall (you know like just in case a ambush).

19. Zacron

Zacron New Member

I hope Heal will be remaked ,it is very illogical able to heal armours but not vehicles.

20. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The Siege Tank was officially revealed, and on the Siege Tank page, there's a vid of one pwning some Marines accompanied by a Medic. What I noticed was the ridiculous range of its heal! The SC1 Medic had to stand right next to what it healed, while there's room for at least 4 more Marines between the Medic and the one being healed.

This is what I considered one of the Medics mayor drawbacks in SC1. When fighting with infantry and a few Medics they always had to go around all the Marines when healing a wounded on the other side of the group, and sometimes they didn't reach infantry in the middle etc.

This is a good change, although they might have exaggerated the range a little.

Take a look
    http://www.starcraft2.com/features/terran/siegetank.xml