1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medics

Discussion in 'Terran' started by 10-Neon, Jun 7, 2007.

Medics

Discussion in 'Terran' started by 10-Neon, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Ever thought of Defensive Matrix + this?
    I think it would be really unfair unless it was extremely slow. Like maybe 2 per second. nothing like the normal medics healing though.

2. JBL

JBL New Member

until they orgasm?

3. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    Since the marines are gonna be much more powerful when fully upgraded, I'm glad that they're bringing the medics back. But besides heal, they have 2 other useful abilities than help a lot, and without them i would have lost plenty of battles when the zerg decided to plague my bc's. If they are to get a new ability though, i think they should have something along the lines of a lethal injection.

Many times over, all my troops die and i'm just left with like 5 medics sitting in the enemies base. It would be cool if u could actually make them useful by giving them the power to inject something with morphine, either stunning it or doing like 100 damage? It could cost 125 mins/ gas to research and might be helpful in rough situations. The energy for it will probably be like 150.

MEDIC RUSH :thumbup:

4. didd293

didd293 New Member

actually in the terran campaign, you had to use medics to sedate the overmind, which gave control of the zerg to terran. A sedate ability would make sense. I'd love it lol, mind control for terran

5. Meloku

Meloku New Member

Medics are back, thank god.

Nice find.

6. didd293

didd293 New Member

Yeah, I like that idea. Though 100's a bit too much. That's how much damage a scarab did (unupgraded). How about lowering to 75 or something and only for organic?

7. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    This is a bad idea as I don't see how this will be balanced. For one thing. the E. med can't just have the ability to resupply energy at a constant rate, as many of these can just gather up and start healing each other. If you say that these heal at a slow rate, then if you put like 5 together then they will drain each others energy to 0.

This might be better if you Research the medic unit with a special ability that costs around 150 energy and is 150 mins/gas. When cast on a unit, that units energy % will go up by half. This might be a lot more effective than just constant healing, and I don't think it should work for shields since toss have shield batteries. This way medics can't just keep doing it to each other because the highest energy is 250, and that spell costs 150.

8. didd293

didd293 New Member

Do you realize how unbalanced this will be? A couple of E. Medics running around "healing" BCs would mean infinite Yamato, even more so w/ normal medics combined. Like you mentioned, it would make some units more useful, like the ghost, but it would be very unbalanced for the other races. Having it as an ability for normal medics is a better idea, but even so a 50% increase to a unit's energy would be too much. Make a fleet of BCs, a dozen or so Meds, restore energy over and over again on the BCs and each other, and you got infinite Yamatos. Again, let's not fix what isn't broken.

9. Exvasion

Exvasion New Member

Even though terrans are my favorite race, my feelings are kind of ambiguous about medics returning. In a way, I wish they wouldn't. Just because it basically makes the terrans rely on only two ground units and hardly build any others. Besides, what exactly do they heal a marine in thick metal armor with? Heals simply from glowing hands might pass my realism test if it was Protoss, but not terrans.

10. TEDurden

TEDurden New Member

It was just a simple animation they used so the player would know when a medic was out of energy or the unit was back at full health. i think if medics get a new ability, it will something along the lines of a large AOE heal, to deal with rushes, ambushes etc. i dont think they would give medics a damage dealing ability unless they were planning on giving them an actual physical attack. which obviously they wouldn't do.

11. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

AoE healing would remind me too much of Witch Doctors from WC3. I like the sedation idea, just stun a whole bunch of enemies. They could even make it an attack with a long cool down, make it deal no damage though, it would just stun organic units. But, it would probably be more fair as an ability.
    Well, with the Soul Hunter getting the axe... hmm... hmm? I think some other Protoss unit will pick up its ability, or else they'll add another decent, early anti-infantry alternative to simply using Zealots/Stalkers. Otherwise, it could get ugly. With the Reactor add-on and the shield upgrade, I wouldn't be looking forward to fighting a whole rapidly assembled army of Medics and Shielded, 55 HP Marines.

12. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

i am glad the medic is making a comeback. she is awesome, and a great asset early on in the game. 6 marines, 3 medics, 3 firebats, i'm good to go for a harass

13. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Oh hey, I'm sorry, this is off topic, but I'm just wondering, how do you Terran players keep away the early zerg rush? I've been taken down many times by that and i can't seem to get the counter right.

And for the on-topic, I'm glad they're coming back. This is one expansion unit I just couldn't see them scrapping...she's just so damn useful!

14. Ych

Ych New Member

Things are not looking too hot for the Protoss right now. As much as I love the Terrans, I wouldn't want to see the Terrans diminishing the Protoss. Maybe the reason behind why the Terrans new toys/mechanics seems soo overpowered is because they are still fresh in our memories unlike the Protoss which seems to be ancient history when we learned most of it's new toys/mechanics.

But as stated by Cavez on the Blizzard forums, we will be seen a lot of changes to exisiting units at the upcoming BlizzConn. I'm assuming that one of the Protoss unit is going to have a Soul Hunter attack concept. As for others, just like you stated, they are probably going to mix it up to make each unit more useful/cooler. Ever since Cavez posted about that there will be a lot of changes to exisiting units, I can't wait to find about the new Protoss at BlizzConn because most of the exisiting units at that time were the Protoss.

We are in for some treat at BlizzConn, so everyone, prepare yourselfs.

15. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Wow, Ych9, your posts always get me so excited... BlizzCon is going to be aaaamazing. And I do agree, the recent Terran information influx has made the Protoss seem so much less powerful, but really they're going to be just fine. The Twilight Archon is going to be a monster, I promise you that. I think the Immortal is going to end up being a little more useful than simply a damage eater; instead of just being able to take a punch, I think it's going to be able to deliver one too.

16. Ych

Ych New Member

I agree totally. I haven't been thinking about the power of the Protoss units after all this Terran new info. But after sitting down and thinking about it, Protoss is going to be just fine.

Their Warp in ability is still as unique as ever. It will open up plenty of new strategies. Not to mention, how the Phase Cannon has the ability to move. Then, you have the Mothership. I don't think I have to explain what the Mothership is capable of. Like you mentioned, the Immortals are going to be even more useful. With the introduction to Thor, I am assuming that the Immortal shields will be able to absorb the Thor's attack. Not to mention, one of the key points of Protoss units is their scary amount of HP. Immortals have 100 shield and 240 HP. Collossus have something like 700 something shield + HP included. Motherships have well over 1000. From what we know, none of the Terrans will have units with that many HP with the exception of maybe the Thor and BattleCruisers. Protoss on average, will have units that basically double or triple the HP your average Terran units.

So yea, after sitting down and rethink everything, Protoss is going to be just fine. It's just, all these Terran units/mechanics are soo fresh and new which iswhy they seem to be very overpowered.

17. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Looks like the medic is back:

[​IMG]

Good find?

18. DontHate

DontHate New Member

yea they look awesome. they go well with the marines! you think the sheild is going to be an upgrade?

19. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I dont see why it would be as they had then with no upgrade in SC1, its not like the terrans have un-developed lolz.

20. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I hope they are still women but i dont mind if they are men.