1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medics

Discussion in 'Terran' started by 10-Neon, Jun 7, 2007.

Medics

Discussion in 'Terran' started by 10-Neon, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Lord David

Lord David New Member

Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001
    I agree...

Even if resurrection were to be some sort of magic/futuristic ability that Medics can do which would "revive" a dead barracks soldier, it would indeed cost 100 to 150 energy (and the only unit worth reviving would be a Ghost (assuming you have full upgrades and it "died" with most of it's energy still there)), likewise if you were to "tag" a barracks unit for revival after it "dies" (which would probably produce a different death animation and consume energy required beforehand), it would still seem pointless.

So basically, all that energy to revive a Ghost? (unless you intend to still nuke ;) (from a failed nuking duh)) Well I just say, no. Your better off just making a new one or getting another of your Ghosts.

2. Ych

Ych New Member

3. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Or maybe he was pulling from experience, naming units that players would recognize so they could easier grasp the concept of the small infantry.....Hmmm

But yeah, Medics are coming back, or an equivalent unit.

4. tweakismyname

tweakismyname New Member

hehe those medics were funny u ever click on one repetedly?

5. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Well I really liked medics except for the fact their other 2 abilities really sucked. Never used restoration unless my enemy got queens or defilers with plague. Flare doesn't even need to be discussed it was so bad.

6. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

flare is actually pretty good

7. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    haha nice... i was about to start a thread about it.

yay i love finding a little tidbit about the terrans

8. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Flare is awsome man, I can take a base with only medics and ghosts. Medics blind everysingle detector they find, ghosts lockdown all they can to clear and opening for a nuke. This is easier done VS the Zerg as they have little detector buildings, one only rly.

9. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    Medics can't target turret, spore, or cannons so it can't blind every detector :p

10. DontHate

DontHate New Member

sweet! I noticed that too :D

11. thrif

thrif New Member

Because if they could, medic+ghost nuke combo would be W A Y too powerful? :p

12. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    lol yea and ghost's strategy will own. A terran player would be prolly win every game even without ghosts since the medic can target buildings too. Thank goodness that never was implemented... then medics would be the biggest threat in the game in terms of defense.

13. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

When I listened to the interview, I didn't get the impression that he was just pulling from experience as Fenix said. He sounded like he had seen this sort of encounter before in their testing and that it was rather common place, so I'm pretty positive that the Medics shall return

14. for-glory

for-glory New Member

Medics were sweet addition in BW and definetly improved the terran infantry. They'll make an appearence in the second.

Ya flare is useful in allot of situations even if its only to piss off an opponent that u flared his observer.

15. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

It seems my mind has been changed. I will try that out (cant believe i never thought of using flare on observers.) I did use it on overlords once but there were soo many!

16. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    i wish medic have some kind of a hacking ability.

17. capthavic

capthavic New Member

That doesn't seem very Medic-ish to me. Besides how would that be implimented?

Sounds more like a new ability for ghosts or a new engineer unit.

18. for-glory

for-glory New Member

if medic could "capture" units that would be sweet...like have some type of ability to sedate a unit (thats non mechanic) and then be able to administer some type of drug that could have the unit be able to fight for you...

and maybe ghosts should be able to rig mechanical units.

ya that would be sweet

19. Ych

Ych New Member

I'm excited to see that the Medics are indeed, making a comeback for SC2. They were what made the Terran infantries soo feared. I believe that some of their abilities are going to be changed. But their main purpose will still be the same. Which is to heal wounded infantry units.

M&M's are back in full force once again, and they sure will be owning the Protoss Immortals or Stalkers if the Protoss aren't smart enough to bring in some of their Soul Hunters early game.

20. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

eh i didn't find this in search so i'll make it. anyways it's kinda a stupid idea. but it'd be really cool. a mirror version of the original medic. so then when the energy medics heal energy they loose life instead. maybe they should have more life lol. but it'd be really funny if you got a medic and a energy medic together. infinite healing ;) and then finally no more ghosts running out of energy after 2 lockdowns. plus that means infinite energy for cloaking, spell casting, yamato, and then if a protoss gets control of it (mind control) it'd be even more awesome. maybe the energy medics can heal sheild too, since EMP takes out energy AND shields. i'd abuse the energy medics so badly(no pun intended ><). and then medics would be more popular now that they won't run out of energy